The Ashes 2021/22

I cannot understand why Foakes isn't in the squad. Make Butler, who seems to have set a trend of having one innings of note in an entire series a habit, play as a pure batsman.

Root like most of the England top order can bat but, not in Australia or in a test match (to any significant standard)
He's actually scored the most runs in Tests this year. A double ton against India in India (first batsman to do so since 2010), 180-odd in an innings in Sri Lanka (a tough place to bat for an Englishman) and scored hundreds in 3 consecutive matches against India at home(India has the 2nd or 3rd best pace bowling line-up in Tests). Again, no joke to score 10k Test runs.

He's actually scored the most runs in Tests this year. A double ton against India in India (first batsman to do so since 2010), 180-odd in an innings in Sri Lanka (a tough place to bat for an Englishman) and scored hundreds in 3 consecutive matches against India at home(India has the 2nd or 3rd best pace bowling line-up in Tests). Again, no joke to score 10k Test runs.
I'm actually being jovial but from a slightly peeved stance.

It is a joke to collapse like a chocolate shithouse with a hot tin roof.

I'm actually being jovial but from a slightly peeved stance.

It is a joke to collapse like a chocolate shithouse with a hot tin roof.
Nice try! Perhaps I should've looked at it from a jovial perspective. :p
Post automatically merged:

Another Ramprakashian performance under pressure from Ollie Pope
Waiting for @blockerdave 's analysis

Burns
Crawley
Malan
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Bess
Robinson
Wood
Anderson
If we're doing serious selections from people in Australia:

1. Rory Burns
  2. Haseeb Hameed, Zak Crawley or Jonny Bairstow, don't care
  3. Dawid Malan
  4. Joe Root
  5. Ben Stokes
  6. I'd bring in Vince, but it'll be Ollie Pope
  7. Jonny Bairstow or Jos Buttler, unless Ben Foakes is still there?
  8. Dom Bess
  9. Ollie Robinson
  10. Mark Wood
  11. Saqib Mahmood
I'd be calling up Billings, Vince and Saqib from the BBL right away. Not Joe Clarke though - never Joe Clarke

1. Rory Burns
  3. Dawid Malan
  4. Joe Root
  5. Ben Stokes
  8. Dom Bess
  9. Ollie Robinson
  10. Mark Wood
  11. Saqib Mahmood
I'd be calling up Billings, Vince and Saqib from the BBL right away. Not Joe Clarke though - never Joe Clarke
Bold move for a team that can't bat dropping the third highest run scorer and only player to get to double figures in every innings. ;)

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?
No he isn't, just gripping those straws too tightly.

I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference.

Nice try! Perhaps I should've looked at it from a jovial perspective. :p

Waiting for @blockerdave 's analysis
At the moment it helps keep me sane either that or allow the England middle order to banjos to slap a cows arse.

We've had two spankings and currently looking at trousers down for a third and fourth. Just not good.

Bold move for a team that can't bat dropping the third highest run scorer and only player to get to double figures in every innings. ;)
He's just adding that for comedy effect, we're not taking into account the Australians are always fully pumped and ready to tear us a new one every time we play at HMP Australasia

1. Rory Burns
  3. Dawid Malan
  4. Joe Root
  5. Ben Stokes
  8. Dom Bess
  9. Ollie Robinson
  10. Mark Wood
  11. Saqib Mahmood
I admire the enthusiasm but the 'I can pick a better line up' analysis should be put to bed due to Australia being on their game, who ever you pick will just add to the misery (and hurt).

The bigger question is, why does English cricket go into lame mode when we feel were are a better side than we actually are).

I admire the enthusiasm but the 'I can pick a better line up' analysis should be put to bed due to Australia being on their game, who ever you pick will just add to the misery (and hurt).

The bigger question is, why does English cricket go into lame mode when we feel were are a better side than we actually are).
Anyone who has seen England play in 2021 would have seen this coming.

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?
Rory Burns is still, somehow, mind-blowingly, England's second-best batter this year.

No he isn't, just gripping those straws too tightly.

I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference.
Very bold of you indeed to assume that you're more aware of what I'm posting than I am.

He's just adding that for comedy effect, we're not taking into account the Australians are always fully pumped and ready to tear us a new one every time we play at HMP Australasia
Very very bold of you to continue assuming you're more aware of what I'm posting than I am.

Anyone who has seen England play in 2021 would have seen this coming.
Unfortunately the pandemic has caused a lot of disruption so the chances to watch have been limited, I feel 'again' it's down to lack of preparation and planning. To not even bother offering any form of resistance is embarrassing; very sad when any form of selection would have no effect on the mentality of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread