Story The Ashes. England Tour Australia (Massive Problem, with computer)

Who will win The Ashes (Reps for correct answer)

• Total voters
that a really bad start for England
they lost KP and Vaughan early
but good start from Australia

Great start for Australia. Really got on top of England. England need to rebuild here. Otherwise Australia will bowl them out cheaply.

STUPID KP:noway

where is bell??:crying:crying
Cook and Colly can easily rebuild:hpraise:hpraise

COME ON ENGLAND:happy

love the story:p

where is bell??:crying:crying
Too right, Bell would have been a better pick than Maddy. Also I would have gone for Sidebottom rather than Mascarenhas in a test match, never mind though as England may need him to add precious runs in the lower order.
Great Work Highlander! :D

Lunch Time Analysis and Trivia Question

ECB_Logo.gif
CricketAustraliaLogo.png

Well it is Lunch on Day 1, and Australia are in a commanding position. I think the big surprise for everyone has been Michael Clarke who has got two crucial wickets. The fact that he has bowled more overs than Warne proves that Ponting obviously wants to stick with him.
clarke.jpg

Another sucess for Australia has been Michael Kasprowicz who got the first wicket, opening the floodgates. Admittedly it was an out of form Darren Maddy but it was a crucial wicket to get. He has also proved he deserves his place in the team by keeping it very tight and his performance has been backed up by Ponting who has let him bowl two long spells. Hopefully for the Australian fans he can keep this up in the afternoon session.
kaspro.jpg

Another point raised has been the no show of Brett Lee. Rumours of a dispute in the Australian camp have been filtering out all week, and this would back up what some critics have been saying. Will we see Lee this afternoon. Australian fans will hope so I expect.
0908lee1_wideweb__430x350.jpg

The middle order for England is once again under pressure. Flintoff and Collingwood are going to have to make big scores no matter what happens, even if Cook does make a score as it wouldn't be enough. Many of the tabloids in England have been criticising the English lower order and with right to as the only one so far who has played consistently above par cricket has been Cook. There have been some who have said Vaughan should be dropped and be replaced by Shah. Hopefully the lower order can make up for this in the Second Innings. Meanwhile the task lies on this pair and Cook.
collandfli.jpg

Trivia Time

Here is a little question for all you Cricketing buffs out there. What was Alistair Cook's first evert International Test score. The first three correct answers will all get rep points as soon as possible. Good luck. The Second Innings should be posted soon

Iam having a guess at 70?

Nice bowling from the Aussies so far..but Clarke? Bahaha...England are terrible

Alastair Cook made 60 runs in his first ever international Debut, unsuprisingly I remember this becuase I think he got a century in the second innings of the match. ;)

Very nice analysis. Australia can really rattle England here.

awesome story mate
makes me wanna play!
btw, what patches you using?

Users who are viewing this thread