The Best Cricket Commentator

cricketspur

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is your favourite cricket commentator? Mine is Nasser Hussain of England, he always gives an insight into what the captain or players may be thinking about and also seems to understand the rivalry between different teams. He has also coined some great phrases such as "death bowler" and "boom boom Afridi"

Haha, Nasser, you've got to be joking. Richie Benaud, Tony Cozier, Bill Lawry, Mark Nicholas and David Lloyd are all far better, especially the first 2. I also doubt that it was Hussain who coined those 2 phrases, I imagine Boom Boom Afridi was first used by the Pakistan fans, and I'm certain that the phrase "Death Bowler" has been around for ages.

Haha, Nasser, you've got to be joking. Richie Benaud, Tony Cozier, Bill Lawry, Mark Nicholas and David Lloyd are all far better, especially the first 2.

Agreed. I'd add Ravi Shastri in there too. <3 Ravi

As much as EA killed him I still go Richie Benaud. One of the few unbias commentators around. Nicholas is pretty good too, the best English one going around cause some of them were so bias towards England that I was thinking of muting them.

nicholas is just too annoying,
goes over the top with his shakespeare time words

goodness me!!

its almost asif hes got someone with him in the room

Best Commentators:

Geoffrey Boycott
Mark Nicholas
Tony Greig
Ravi Shastri
Bumble

Worst Commentators:

Athar Ali Khan
Laxman Shivarama
Sunil Gavaskar
Arun Lal
Ranjit Fernando
Aamir Sohail

Last edited:
I agree, Athar Ali Khan is hopeless, but I think Sunny is quite good. What about Pomme Mbanga?

Sunny is great when he talks about batting, bad when he talks about India.

Nicholas goes on endless rants too, he sounds good but I would rely on guys like Chapelli, Grieg and Benaud to give me a more technically accurate observation

Dean Jones (Going...Going....GONE!!!), Michael Holding. Nasser Hussain is good. Manjrekar is okay. Waz and Shaz (Wasim Akram and Ravi Shastri) were awesome together, especially when it was India vs. Pak and with someone like Gavaskar was there. Brought up old matches and incidents, poked fun at each other, stories of the old days, classic.
Davil Lloyd is great too, haven't heard him too much but what little I did wants to make me listen to more of him.

Search Best Commentator thread. there are loads of it and Bumble is winner hands down in all of those. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread