The Best Cricket Commentator

How can he be good? I mean, he isn't Australian.

I like Mark Nicholas' enthusiasm towards his commentary. Especially when guys like Chappell who say interesting things but talk in a montone voice pretty much all the time.

Despite that awesome sketch by Comedy Inc and his remark about Amla, I think Dean Jones his great. He is brilliant in the ICL, especially.

The nine commentary team are so annoying. Except Richie. Always balanced and always has a good joke or two up his sleeve when the moment arrives. I think they should get some commentators from the opposing team. It will be far more balanced. Slats keeps going on and on about Katich's chisseled upper body, Nicholas is good when he isn't sucking up to the others, etc. I mute it because its so biased. I like the fox sports commentators like AB and Julian (suprisingly balanced but that was in India). The English are ok but they seem to be bottlers apart from Botham who just says anything he wants. I like Holding and Bumble. Athers is ok but the rest hmmm. Indian ones are also annoying. Similar to the Aussies. They'd be balanced if they commentated with visiting formed players. I like Sunil when he's talking about the game. He seems to picks things up like that others don't see especially batting. He's like Ian Chappel but sadly when they talk about their home teams it gets tedius. They have an opinion on everything. Ravi is good. I liked Shiva but because he's comical not because he's witty. I liked Cozier and the kiwi commentator (except when he talks about Vettori) who was with the sky team.

I used to like Bill Lawry but that "Bang good shot" is getting annoyed. Only Aussies I like are Michael Slater and Dean ones. Rest of them all are still living in good old days of Australian domination.

I like the nine commentary team. I really like Slats.

Like sid said Lawry gets annoying especially when he goes "BANG straight to point" :p

Bumble is the best cuz he is funny. I love when he is commentator cuz its fun.

Bumble can make Zim vs Bermuda match also intresting.

Yeah, Michael slater seems to be pretty balanced with his commentary whatever little I have heard him, especially in IPL.

I Love Kerry O'keefe on ABC radio!

James Brayshaw was great in the 20/20 match.

None of you guys mentioned Greg Blewett, he commentated for Sky in Engalnd and I think also did some work in SA and Aus, sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Also Darren Lehman dabbled a few years ago, always had good informative comments to make...pity he didn't keep it going...the lure of the pub was probably too much for him :-)

lol at kerry o'keefe hes a funny guy though, Blewett is quite good does some of the domestic games

I am quite taken with the Five Live commentary at the moment. They just go of on some really random topics of discussion at times :p

What about Mike Atherton or Athers...he was originally on Channel 4 in England, and when they lost the rights he went to Sky. He is a regular and has such a great knowledge of the game. Sky are also using ex England batsman Nick Knight who is also a decent commentator.

Users who are viewing this thread