The Best Cricket Commentator

I am quite taken with the Five Live commentary at the moment. They just go of on some really random topics of discussion at times :p
And so you should be, TMS is a national institution and now they have Tuffers its even better :D

One moment last year really stands out in my memory....

Aggers (I think):What's going on
Tuffers: I've knocked the cakes on the floor
Aggers: I was talking about in the middle

Or something like that!

I don't think you can beat Mark Nichollas. He's brilliant.

I don't mind Greigy so much. I know that's an unpopular thing to say. But he has a good appreciation of South African, Australian, English and Sri Lankan (isn't his wife from there?) cricket. He doesn't mind winding up the others in the 9 commentary box. I remember a few years ago when he and Healy must have been close to fisticuffs. Can't remember the issue. I agree that Healy is very informative and knowledgeable but he seems to be a bit of a p****. Props also go to whispering death Holding, Bumble, Richie, Ravi and Damien Fleming.

Australian ABC Radio always have the best commentators. Kerry O'Keefe is the funniest commentator out there, and Jim Maxwell is good too. On TV I still enjoy Richie Benaud, but not too many others. I like my cricket commentating entertaining or insightful, but many TV commentators these days try too hard to be funny and fail, or their insight is too artificial. Michael Holding is always great too.

Users who are viewing this thread