the game is total toss

cricket2004istoss

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I play plenty of cricket. i went out and spent some hard earned cash on the game. i got it home,started playing it and thought, these graphics are pretty good. game play is cool etc etc.

Until i realised. No matter where you bowl it, you will get spanked all over the place. places where you bowl it, they will spank. if they bowl it in the same place, play anything but a defensive shot, you will get out. Power shot is toss, its impossible to time.

sure, i can get a whole team out for 10 runs. but how fun is it bowling it short everytime?

unless someone can tell me different, ive just wasted a good bit of cash on this piss poor game. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Get a gameplay patch which can make the game more realistic. It's poor but not as bad as you say...

Attachments

• pitchad.png
    pitchad.png
    7 KB · Views: 0
Ugh!! I am sick and tired of people just calling this a shit game!!
Sure the game has some bad things, and sure you can say what you want.
But it's the best cricket game. I think all of you people who saying this is so shit bla bla I hate this bla bla. Should be happy that there is a cricket game to play, I can't find my cds and I am sooo jelous at u guys....I don't have a cricket game to play now! So booring. I think you shuld jhust be happy with what you got. If cricket was worlds biggest sport then the game would have been first class. But not so many people playing international cricket so just be happy with it. `Be happy that the game isn't black white or something ^_^

i just done understand though. everybody seems to think its a great game and really realistic.

Answer me a few questions:

when is the ideal time to launch a six hit shot? but just get caught in the covers. why can i only get wickets by bowling it slow and short?? surely its better than this??

i just hate getting bashed all over the park and then getting out for 50 if im lucky.

Practice is your watchword. Certainly if all the things you describe above are all you can get out of the game it would be awful but in reality the game is better than that.

Hm..I am not an expert, but this is what I use:

- If you see a gap and there are no fielders there just hit a sixies shot no special timing, ull probably get a four. But if you wanna shoot sixies, the player must have about full confidence and the bowler is going to bowl pretty close to the wicket then when the ball leaves his hand, hit a sixie ;)
I got about 6 sixies in a row using that :P

dude... donno what AI patch u are using... but if u wanna play realistic games while bowling then the easiest way is to keep bowling good length or full just out side off...u will be scored of... but depending on the conditions edges will also fly...

if u r so despo to hit sixes... set the game to Easy...and try hitting the ball over the leg side field every time the bowler pitches up... the timing can be figured out in matches or in the nets...

just cheer up fella... no other crick game gives you so many types of tourneys...

enjoy...
:up

Originally posted by cricket2004istoss@Sep 2 2004, 11:28 PM

Until i realised. No matter where you bowl it, you will get spanked all over the place. places where you bowl it, they will spank.
As the risk of repeating myself for the millionth time, if you play 10 or 20 overs matches without using a gameplay patch, then the default cpu pacing file values result in the cpu always hitting out at every ball, regardless of line and length

Users who are viewing this thread