The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

Who Is The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

• Total voters

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Its between Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee,Kapil Dev and Ian Botham.
Stats Wise Its Between Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee and Ian Botham.
I would say its Imran Khan but bowling stats wise Richard Hadlee is ahead of him.

Who would you say is the greatest all rounder ever?

the very fact that you can have a greatest all-rounder poll and miss off Garfield Sobers indicates just how little you know about cricket. No WG Grace either?

Imran Khan
Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Richard Hadlee
Gary Sobers
WG Grace
Shaun Pollock
Jacques Kallis
Kapil Dev

Just a few I would put forward and two of them still have a couple of years left, and even further if they lessen their bowling.

Well I have only seen recorded footage of these players and that too all highlights. So I just asked my dad this question and he said Botham was by far the best allrounder he had ever seen. He also said Kapil Dev was overrated as a batsman hence cant be considered in the same league as the other three who were genuine allrounders.

I agree with Andrew Nixon, where's Sir Garfield Sobers. He would be my choice. I wasn't around to see a huge amount of footage, but the footage I have seen, the stats and the comments from former greats is enough for me to give Sobers the nod. He was also a crown thriller, just like the others in that list. And my Dad was at the Swansea ground the day he hit the record six 6's, so it's a must! :)

I'd insist that it be Ian Botham, but thats me being English :p

But i reckon the best AR of all time is Sir G Sobers.

Sobers could bowl many ways....He had 3 varieties of bowling and at the moment i can only see Andrew Symonds being the only well known double-bowl type.

There's far too many to consider. Keith Miller was more than handy as well.

Not forgettin Great Wazi Akram... altho he didnt deliver too much with bat he certainly had the ability too.. his test high of 257* proves dat

rickyp said:
omfg you forgot shane watson!!!!111111111

Not forgotten, just left out because he isn't a good allrounder.

I tell you who should be considered after his six off Murali, Monty Panesar :p

A few alrounders that are under rated by some are:

Wilfred Rhodes- Batted everywhere in the order, bowled accurate slow left arm and fielded at slip.

Warwick Armstrong- Batted in the middle order, bowled deceptive legspinners and caught well at slip and made a good captian.

WG Grace- Excellent top order batsmen on awful pitches, Bowled nagging medium pace with an odd legspinner thrown in, superb fielder at slip and point.

Just has to be Sir Garfield - the fact a Panel of ex cricketers (who should know better than anybody else) voted him 2nd in the EPSN Legends of Cricket List, only behind the Don says it all in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread