The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

Who Is The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

• Total voters
oh i see. i didn'tget it because those players aren't that bad. I still stand by my point of view

Leicester Fox said:
oh i see. i didn'tget it because those players aren't that bad. I still stand by my point of view
i dont agree i think an allrounder is a guy that can bat and bowl at an international standard....they dont have to be "equal"...Garry Sobers batted at an average of 59 and bowled at an average of 34...there isnt an allrounder even close to those figures

stereotype said:
i dont agree i think an allrounder is a guy that can bat and bowl at an international standard....they dont have to be "equal"...Garry Sobers batted at an average of 59 and bowled at an average of 34...there isnt an allrounder even close to those figures
Sobers batting average was 57, not 59.

Are you forgetting Jacques Kallis' batting average of 55 and bowling average of 31?
Techinquely, those figures are just better then Sobers'.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Sobers batting average was 57, not 59.

Are you forgetting Jacques Kallis' batting average of 55 and bowling average of 31?
Techinquely, those figures are just better then Sobers'.
I was using figures based on memory...a batting average of 57.78 and a Bowling average of 34.03 (added in is the fact Sobers bowled Fast Medium, Offspin and Legspin) plus Sobers has the record for the highest maiden century ever with 365 not out

IF you want to be technical Sobers averages 58 if you round up with the bat and Kallis averages 32 with the ball so even if you only look at the books Sobers is actually still in front

All this included...Sobers played 14 less tests than Kallis has currently...22 less innings..yet Sobers still has 2 more centuries and 22 more wickets

Last edited:
To say Sobers has almost a bat average of 58 is like saying that he has a strike-rate bowling rate of almost 100! and Jacques Kallis' is 67.

Sobers batting average is 57.78

That means he has a batting average of 58 if you arent going to use the decimals

Meh, in my view if you're going to move the average up after that many matches then it'd have to be in the very high 80s or in the 90s to move up.

Users who are viewing this thread