The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

Who Is The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

• Total voters
My top four (4 because that's all I'm decided on):

Garfield Sobers (cricket's Michael Jordan)
Imran Khan
Keith Miller
Ian Botham

Jacques Kallis > Gary Sobers

Don Bradman's more of the Michael Jordan of cricket, IMO. I'm sure he'd be more farmilar to people then Gary Sobers would.

Simbazz said:
Not forgotten, just left out because he isn't a good allrounder.

I'm pretty sure he was joking. He does have potential though, although his bowling is a bit weak at the moment.

The poll is laughable by the way; Where are Sobers, Kallis, Miller etc?

wfdu_ben91 said:
Jacques Kallis > Gary Sobers
:eek:
I don't think you're quite familiar with Sobers' career. Read up on him and then tell me what you think. I'll even delete this part of the post then so that you don't look silly for saying that.
wfdu_ben91 said:
Don Bradman's more of the Michael Jordan of cricket, IMO. I'm sure he'd be more farmilar to people then Gary Sobers would.
I meant MJ in the sense that he mastered every aspect of the game. Sobers was a class batsman and a class bowler and one of the best fielders of his era. His bowling average suffered when he kept on bowling even when his old age didn't allow him to. At his peak he was Ponting of 2006 with the bat and Vaas with the ball.

I'm farmilar with Sobers. Looked like he was a great cricketer. Staticially Kallis is on par with Sobers. I wasn't entirely serious. For all we know, the competition in cricket could've been a joke compared to the last 20 years.
I just lost some respect for him when he came out and said the only reason Australian cricket was so dominant was because of McGrath & Warne while he totally ignored the contributions the likes of Ponting, Gilchrist & Hayden have done.

This thread shouldn't exist without Sobers and Grace in the poll.

Who was the South African player in the apartheid who took a good bunch of wickets for under 20? A Spinner iirc.

wfdu_ben91 said:
I'm farmilar with Sobers. Looked like he was a great cricketer. Staticially Kallis is on par with Sobers. I wasn't entirely serious. For all we know, the competition in cricket could've been a joke compared to the last 20 years.
I just lost some respect for him when he came out and said the only reason Australian cricket was so dominant was because of McGrath & Warne while he totally ignored the contributions the likes of Ponting, Gilchrist & Hayden have done.
We know you like Hayden. There is no need to mention it in every single post.

I quite like Gayle as an allrounder. Not up there yet but he has the potential. If he had a decent side around him he'd get a lot more respect.

Sureshot said:
This thread shouldn't exist without Sobers and Grace in the poll.

Who was the South African player in the apartheid who took a good bunch of wickets for under 20? A Spinner iirc.

Not sure but Proctor (Procter?) was a damn good player apparently. People are talking about Kallis but not Pollock? Pollocks batting average is 32 these days, with 2 hundreds. And his bowling average is superior to everyone mentioned here bar Hadlee whos batting wasn't top class compared to others.

stats wise it has to be sobers and kallis but in terms of influence on the game and bringing a meaning to the words "All Rounder" it is between these 4

What is 'meaning to the words "All Rounder"'? Your justification has little basis without a definition, at times it seems like you're just throwing out some weird mixture of statistics and your personal judgement.

gambino said:
stats wise it has to be sobers and kallis but in terms of influence on the game and bringing a meaning to the words "All Rounder" it is between these 4
Keep on digging that hole. You're really showing yourself up here.

There is this thing on Cricinfo, the greatest allrounder blog. Suprisingly, Grace and Cairns were excluded, but the 20 who were selected seem pretty spot on.

For me, Afridi (Pure bias and personal opinion), Sobers, Miller, Proctor, Pollock, Rhodes and Imran Khan. But there are many others too.

Users who are viewing this thread