The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

Who Is The Greatest Allrounder Ever?

• Total voters
evertonfan said:
Oh come on Zorax! You can't even contemplate about Afridi being in that list!
Hey, I like him. One of my favourite cricketers, he'll make any of my 'Best ever' lists, especially for allrounders...
Freddie and Irfan are good for the future though. Morne Morkel, Adil Rashid and Maharoof are others to look out for too.

I like Dominic Cork and he's one of my favourite cricketers but I don't go around branding him as one of the greatest all-rounders do I? ;)

evertonfan said:
I like Dominic Cork and he's one of my favourite cricketers but I don't go around branding him as one of the greatest all-rounders do I? ;)
theres a big difference between cork and an international all rounder

btw.. why do you keep changing your football teams?
bet if norwich beat chelsea your username will be norwichfan

gambino said:
theres a big difference between cork and an international all rounder

As usual, the context of my post has gone way over your head. :rolleyes:

btw.. why do you keep changing your football teams?
bet if norwich beat chelsea your username will be norwichfan

Not me; It's half-a-job abusing his powers. I'll always be a blue.

Why do people think Afridi is a world class allrounder? He is a mindless slogger whose technique comes off about 3 times out of 10 at the most.

He shows no understanding of the match and his plan is the same no matter whether his team are 500-5 or 100-5.

On to the question, in my opinion it has to be Sobers.

Yeah, against India, there's none better that Afridi. Overall, I have to go with Kapil because he won the world cup for India. Imran also is right up there alongside him.

If Afridi was a world class all-rounder, he would be playing for his country.

5 greatest allrounders ever for me:
1)Imran Khan
2)Ian Botham
3)Keith Miller
4)Gary Sobers
5)Kapil Dev

I've included Gary Sobers but actually he was an excellent batsman who could bowl a bit.Even Mohammad Sami(having wickets/match ratio of 2.56) has a better wickets/match ratio than Sobers(2.52),so that should give u an idea about how good Sobers was as a bowler(Sobers wkts/match ratio is not much better than that of Ajit Agarkar also) .Definitely one of the top 5 but nowhere near being as good as Imran Khan & Ian Botham.Imran Khan's bowling equals Sobers batting but Sobers bowling equals the batting of Richard Hadlee(not that of Imran Khan or Ian Botham).
Ian Botham was as good slip fielder as Gary Sobers,Imran Khan was also a good fielder but in the outfield though.

Keith Miller has as good averages as Imran Khan/Ian Botham but his kts/match ratio(which is 3.09) is poor as compared to 4.10 of Imran & 3.75 of Ian Botham.So,5 greatest allrounders for me r as listed at the top of the post.I've backed my arguments with concrete statistical evidence rather than biased uninformed opinions & self-assumptions,so anyone who wants to prove me wrong should also do the same.

irottev said:
If Afridi was a world class all-rounder, he would be playing for his country.
Calling Afridi a world class allrounder of actual world class alrounders like Shaun Pollock & Andrew Flintoff.

Shoaib87 the reason Sobers averages aren't as low with the ball as you might expect is because he more often than not didn't bowl to tailenders. If the pitch was unhelpful he would also have to work through most of the day bowling spin to keep the runs down.

Sobers is my choice by a country mile. The single greatest all round cricketer to ever play the game.

At the chaps saying Afridi, the thread says "Greatest All-rounder" not favourite. The fact that some of you are even suggesting him, I would suggest is why a lot of people can't stand Afridi fans :rolleyes: Afridi's not even the best allrounder of his generation, let alone of all time.

Yes, which is why you shouldn't put such a nonsense vote in here because this thread isn't about favourites. If it was about favourites then i'd be outraged at the lack of;

Glen Chapple
Dominic Cork
Mark Ealham
Paul Collingwood
Daniel Vettori

:rolleyes:

ZoraxDoom said:
Hey, my opinion dude...and that means my favourites...

So you're saying that you are unable to look past your own favourites to form a sensible and realistic argument based on facts and figures?

I believe Zorax that makes you officially an Afridi fanboy! If your favourite car in the world was a Super Aguri, would that make it the greatest car in history?

If your favourite film was Titanic would that make it the greatest film ever made?

If your favourite read was The Sun newspaper, would that make it the greatest literary acheivement in mankinds history?

Last edited:
playboy is the greatest literary acheivement in mankinds history! If it's going on our favourites then i think you know who i want in but for me it has to be Botham

Users who are viewing this thread