Story The Hutch Cup 2006 - India vs Pakistan

The line-ups

Sanjay Manjrekar: Here are the line-ups for the two sides. Mahendra Singh Dhoni opening with Sehwag for the first time. India have also not gone in with Ajit Agarkar and Rudra Pratap Singh, who had done reasonably well in the test series. Pakistan have drafted in Rao Iftikhar in place of Mohammad Sami, other than that the batting order is the same as that which played against England.

nwynmo.jpg
The Indian line-up

nwypfr.jpg

The Pakistani line-up​

Sanjay Manjrekar: With the match about to start in a couple of minutes, lets pass over to our first set of commentators: Laxman Shivaramakrishna and Michael Holding!

INDIA OFF TO A GREAT START!

India - 42/0
M Dhoni 18*
V Sehwag 24*

Laxman Shiva: Well India have just rocketed off to 42 from 7 overs courtesy some great hitting from Virender Sehwag (24*) and Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who is unbeaten on 18 from just 15 balls. A very good foundation being laid over here. Pakistan opening bowlers getting a bit of stick. Looks very bright for India at the moment doesn't it?

Michael Holding: Absolutely does Shiva. Very good start by India even though the ball is swinging. Sehwag and Dhoni have taken the attack to the Pakistanis, specially Rana Naved who has disappeared for 32 runs from 4 very ordinary overs. Rao Iftikhar has bowled well but not well enough to keep India in check.

Here are some of the highlights from this short session:

nwzf3s.jpg

Dhoni on his way, first six off the match!

nwzfv7.jpg

The umpire raises his arms, much to the delight of Indian fans!

nwzm6u.jpg

Didnt take too long for Sehwag to register his first boundary!

nwzo0y.jpg

A rare diving effort....by Salman Butt at square leg

DHONI AND SEHWAG STAND STRONG!

India - 81/0 in 15.0 overs
Dhoni 32*
Sehwag 48*

DRINKS

Arun Lal: India have sort of got a stranglehold on the Pakistanis after Sehwag and Dhoni's great partnership. 81 runs they have added in only 15 overs! Pakistani bowlers have come in for some severe punsihment from these two. Sehwag in particular has played some delightful strokes, most of them going for boundaries...

Waqar Younis: Yes, Arun, India are really in a commanding position. They have thouroughly demoralised Pakistan in the first 15 overs, which are so important! And I dont think they are finished yet. These two have the ability to play till the end, notching up big scores etc. So things are definitely not looking good for Pakistan!

Arun Lal: Indeed! Now the Pakistanis have to get a wicket somehow to really get hold of the situation otherwise the match will slip away from them. Which bowler do you think looks likely to get a wicket here?

Waqar Younis: Well, I think Rao bowled axcellent in his 6-over spell. Lost it a bit in the end. Abdul Razzaq and Umar Gul are doing a decent job at the moment. I think Rana should be brought back into the attack even though he has gone for 8 RPO. He looks to me as the only one who can extract something from this pitch.

Arun Lal: Right. Now lets look at some of the highlights from the first 15 overs:

nx2xp3.jpg

Some great piece of batting by Sehwag & Dhoni

nx3j7t.jpg

Waqar Younis: That was a nasty one from Abdul Razzaq! Sehwag was the one to recieve the blow. Thankfully no damage was done and he continued in the same Sehwag-ish fashion afterwards...

nx3q5h.jpg

Arun Lal: Another beautifully timed stroke by Sehwag and even though Shoaib Malik chased it quite brilliantly, it still went for four. The outfield is so fast over here! But this one was truly an amazing shot by Sehwag. He is in terrific form!

this is one better storyz , best of luck,

are u making hutch cup roaster???????

Brilliant really enjoying it. Are you playing with Pakistan because if you are your in a bit of trouble

gary0808 said:
Brilliant really enjoying it. Are you playing with Pakistan because if you are your in a bit of trouble

Thanks for the comments mate! Yes, I am playing with Pakistan and I know I am in hell lot of a trouble right now! I just can't seem to find an answer to this explosive attack by Dhoni & Sehwag...

Arun Lal: Lets look at how the innings has gone so far:

ny7e2u.jpg

The Scorecard: Portrays the carnage caused by Sehwag & Dhoni

Users who are viewing this thread