Draft: The Layer Cake Draft

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Was really hoping that he would go under the radar and I could get to pick him. :(
giphy.gif

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
img_0188-e1505583132839.jpg

My pick is :eng: :ar: George Lohmann

Test stats - 213 runs @ 8.87 (best 62*) and 112 wickets @ 10.75 (9 5WI, best 9/28) in 18 matches
First-class stats - 7,247 runs @ 18.67 (3 centuries, best 115) and 1,841 wickets @ 13.73 (176 5WI, best 9/28) in 293 matches

George Lohmann is statistically the greatest bowler of all time: a Test bowling average of under eleven corresponds nicely to the what he made opposing batsmen look like: a bunch of under-elevens. Described as someone who bowled at around a medium pace but with the ability to move the ball in both directions, he was kind of like a prototypical Ajantha Mendis only better. His Test career came to an end at the age of only 31, by which time he was already showing pronounced symptoms of tuberculosis, of which he would die just five years later.

1. :wi: :bat: Gordon Greenidge
3. :pak: :bat: Younis Khan
4. :eng: :bat: Douglas Jardine :c:
6. :pak: :ar: Imran Khan
8. :aus: :ar: Scott Kremerskothen
9. :eng: :ar: George Lohmann

@Master Bates is late
@Dutch to pick

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
None of you saw anything... For real though, I totally get that real life has sent everyone for a spin

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I take it that durch is dutch or is it a reference to my new song: Take Me To Durch?

Anyway I am full on occupied from a professional point of view with events unfolding so will need to find some time.

If you are working in the healthcare industry, much power to you guys for keeping the battle still winnable!

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@Aislabie I know this is not right but I'm no longer interested in this draft. So gonna quit! I am not in the space to do a draft.

D

Dutch

I take it that durch is dutch or is it a reference to my new song: Take Me To Durch?

Anyway I am full on occupied from a professional point of view with events unfolding so will need to find some time.
Sorry boys. Too much going on. Keep safe and well! Will pop in when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread