Story The Luck Of The Irish (Treva & !x!Culli!x! - Cricket 05)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
logodn3.png

After performing much better than expected by the whole cricketing world in the world cup after reaching the super 8's, Ireland now have been granted test status. Ireland's first tour is of the sub-continent team of Bangladesh, who also suprised the cricketing world by performing well in the first stage and super 8's. The tour dates have been released by the Irish Cricket Union:

June 5th-7th: 3-day Friendly VS Bangladesh A @ Bogra

June 12the-16the: 1st Test Match VS Bangladesh @ Chittagong

June 20th-24th: 2nd Test Match VS Bangladesh @ Fatullah

June 30th-July 4th: 3rd Test Match VS Bangladesh @ Dhaka

July 15th: 1st ODI VS Bangladesh @ Chittagong

July 17th: 2nd ODI VS Bangladesh @ Bogra

July 20th: 3rd ODI VS Bangladesh @ Bogra

July 22nd: 4th ODI VS Bangladesh @ Fatullah

July 25th: 5th ODI VS Bangladesh @ Chittagong

Sky Sports have got the coverage rights and the usual commentary team will be covering the tour. Coach, Adrian Birrell has announced that he will produce a day-by-day diary of the tour. He also said that the players are really looking forward to the tour and playing test cricket.

Don't worry our career story will continue just we are a bit slow with updates

This story will be an interesting one :) All the best with the story Treva :thumbs

Yeah we can't wait to be the underdogs! :D

I love doing stories with Treva and I hope that we can produce a story that you'll all enjoy reading, because I'm sure me and Jack will enjoy making it together.

Story looks good i will be reading this with interest.

Ireland Press Conference - Adrian Birell & Trent Johnson

Journalist: Adrian, how do you feel about being granted test status and about to play your first tour against Bangladesh? We have seen your team's talent during the World Cup, but do you think your team will be able to play as well in the Test arena?

AB: Well I am over the moon with joy after our side being granted test status. The World Cup has shown that we are a good side and we are glad to be noticed in the cricketing world. The lads realise that the test stage
is very hard and will be a great challenge, especially here in the sub-continent. But we shall defiantley give it our best shot.

Journalist: Trent do you feel you realistically win this tour in very tough conditions without even playing a test match in Ireland? Also are the lads looking forward to the tour and can't wait to get this great chance of playing tough cricket?

TJ: Yes of course we believe we can win on this tour and give the Bangladeshi's a great challenge. We may not have much experience at test cricket but I still think we will be able to make a good account of ourselves and we aim to try and get a win out of the 3 matches. The squad are really looking forward to the challenge of a sub-continent tour and it is the main talking point around the team.

Journalist: How do you feel about the Bangladeshi team? They had a great world cup and look to be a very good improving team. How do you rate their team compared to some of the other top international teams?

TJ: They are definatley an emerging side in one day and test cricket. They have been top of the lesser sides for a while and are just starting to show some great potential against the bigger teams. I back them to become a stronger side for the next world cup and could really challenge for a semi-final place. They are certainly a great side and this will be a very tough tour especially on their home soil. But I really can't wait for it.

Gud Luck with this story Trev & Stu :) Hope Ireland's cricket doesnt get down further :p lol,just kidding!

Interesting, hard to believe that they would just get test status like that (especially with teams liek Kenya pushing for years) but I still hope Ireland can do well, maybe Bermuda will crack 100 next game and get test status themselves :p.

Users who are viewing this thread