Your Cricket The Perfect Bowling Action

madmick96

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know "The Perfect Bowling Action"? My bowling action is constantly changing and I know that isn't good, any ideas?

I bowl medium pacers and leg spin but my spin bowling action is natural and works well it my pace bowling that needs tweaking.

hassan

International Coach
Mcgraths action is pure class and its classic... side on, head looking from top of shoulder it should be like that really

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
The perfect bowling action is one which works for you and doesn't put any undue stress on your body.

For your pace bowling get someone to watch and\or film as you bowl in order to get a true appraisal of your action. Don't forget to do this from front on as well as side on.

This link will take you to the BBC skills page which has some sound advice on the 'perfect' action and would be a useful starting point.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
not really a textbook action to follow,although the perfect action is the one that your body is most used to ,and the most successful with

Animator!

School Cricketer
Either go Side on or Front on.
Never go mixed, otherwise you'll screw your back up so fast.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
The perfect action is probably McGrath's as it is helps landing the ball on the same spot time and time again. And he doesn't get a lot of injuries. His makor injury to his ankle was due to the amount he bowled rather than techinicalities with his action, unlike someone like Akhtar whos round arm action gives him a lot in injuries.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
the best action is repetitive, comfortable and effective

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
Drewska said:
The perfect action is probably McGrath's as it is helps landing the ball on the same spot time and time again. And he doesn't get a lot of injuries. His makor injury to his ankle was due to the amount he bowled rather than techinicalities with his action, unlike someone like Akhtar whos round arm action gives him a lot in injuries.

makor? is that like major in any way?

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Allan Donald has a gracious bowling action, so does Michael Holding. McGrath had a really good one too. Wasim Akram also has a good action.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watch videos of Richard Hadlee if you want to see a perfect bowling action

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
cricket_lover said:
Allan Donald has a gracious bowling action, so does Michael Holding. McGrath had a really good one too. Wasim Akram also has a good action.
Wasim Akram didn't have the jump to his action because his shoulders were so strong.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
hassan said:
front on action is easier but Side on will get you so much more accuracy
I bowl front on and get plenty of accuracy. When i bowl side on im not as good. So for me the perfect action would be front on. So madmick96 just practise front on and side on and see which gets you better results and more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread