Your Cricket What's your bowling action?

madmick96

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What's your bowling action? I do lots of different things but most of the time I do a natural movement similar to James Hopes and Glenn McGrath.
Pace:
1 - Glenn McGrath
2 - Brett Lee
3 - Stephen Harmison
4 - Stuart Clark
5 - Shoiab Akhtar, Shaun Tait
Spin:
1 - Natural Leg-Spin
2 - Shane Warne
3 - Natural Off-Spin
4 - Mohammad Rafique
5 - Danish Kaneria

Last edited:

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
I bowl Sling-Arm like Jeff Thompson and Fidel Edwards. Now, only if I had the Pace. I try to practice every weekend, will try to play Club Cricket in the US.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Well I bowl spin and it looks like a Shane Warne action.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Very home-made. I guess there's a bit of Saqlain Mushtaq to it, though I was called Paul Adams once :p

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I have a very simple Saqlain Mushtaq style off spinner action. I also bowl a flipper as my variation which is a bit likes Warne's.

embi

International Coach
I have a classically sideon action for legspin, and I don't mind doing pace with it either. I can sling if I want to, also I can do a reasonable front-on action (that sounds really dodgy :p ) that must look a bit like Freddie Flintoff.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
angryangy said:
Very home-made. I guess there's a bit of Saqlain Mushtaq to it, though I was called Paul Adams once :p

:laugh

I'm neither front on or side on really. I have a fairly big jump depending on my mood and I reach up as far as I can (which isn't very high when you're 5'10"!!) and follow through at varying angles depending on the effort!

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I bowl off-breaks, so it's just a walk in to the crease then a skip and into my action. Twist my body as much as possible when releasing the ball to try get maximum rotation.

Bala

International Coach
Well mine is quite simple. A 10 yard run-up, run in a bit slowly and gain pace in the last 3 yards, not a big jump and bowl. Bit similar to Agarkar's action. Though I get my pace from my shoulders and height.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Well I bowl like Glenn McGrath, but not as fast as him :p.

darick

School Cricketer
Personally, I bowl a little like Mohammad Rafique, except I cock my wrist just before bowling and I try to give the ball as big a rip as I can. My variations are the 'nude' delivery, the arm ball and a really quick delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread