Your Cricket What's your bowling action?

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very round armed spinner, similar to Warne, although not quite the same the run up., much more front on.

I bowl whichever spin suits the pitch best, mostly Off spin with my ball that goes to leg-off, kind of like the Doosra.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I try to emulate Wasim Akram in his action while bowling..... I am a left arm seamer

nffc10

School Cricketer
Im more like Shane warne, infact alot like shane warne in my run up.

But when i bowl i try to get my arm a lot higher and straiter. But i can bowl a quicker skiddier ball like afridi.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Mine is almost identical to Jimmy Anderson, when I first saw him bowl a while back, I thought "Crikey! That's me!!"

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Mine has undergone some change. It is now more like this:

Start off with a walk, hands moving forward and back in relation to movement of feet.
Break into jog
Sprint
High jump. Left arm straight as an arrow, right hand at chest.
Foot lands straight, pointing at the stumps. Hands follow very quickly.
Right foot follows, falls in line withleft foot.
Follow through straight.

:)

James_W

Club Cricketer
Step into my delivery stride, where I bowl either an off berak or a leg break, or my 'quicker ball'. My leg brak isn't disguised though, so it isn't a doosra, I just like to switch things up a bit.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I bowl right arm Leg-spin very similar to Shane warne's, but witt a higher arm and i tend to bowl a bit striaghter rather then outside leg.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
You also look like a chimp when you bowl :p

I bowl slow with a simple bowling action - nothing spectacular.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
hondeyho said:
You also look like a chimp when you bowl :p

I bowl slow with a simple bowling action - nothing spectacular.

Hondeyho has a basically slow motion version of Steve Harmiosn.

slimmshady

School Cricketer
i have a fast bowling action very similar to brett lees action. and definetly have the action of shane warne when bowling leg spin. aslo i can turn the ball quite alot and a mean quite alot!!!

banjo6

Club Cricketer
None i have my own style
I have a 2 yard run-up and let it go down at around 20mph(i play for u'13s)With no spin it decieves the batsman because there waiting for spin but im changing my action to a Malinga type

HopaWhitey

Club Cricketer
My action changed a fair bit last season. It used to be a combination between Lee and McGrath. Then my coach told me that I wasn't getting my front arm high enough and that was causing me to bowl slightly round arm.
So I changed my way and now I bowl more like Harmison but I dont have a jump on delivery stride. I don't bowl with extreme pace but I have the ability to swing the ball a fair way. I bowl both in and outswingers and my slower ball is very much like Chris Cairns where he moves his thumb up and rotates his wrist to bowl and off-break.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Mine is exactly the same as Shane Warne :p Although on the pitch it's more like Cam White. :(
Pace bowling I kinda of think I'm like McGrath.

Users who are viewing this thread