The Planetcricket Arms - the friendly drinking thread (TFFSL welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These idiots can't even remember a 5 letter abbreviation...good luck trying to beat us :rolleyes:
I just typed out TFLUA in TFLUA-Tiger's username. I have no trouble remembering that. Your name includes a rock band known sometimes as ACDC, or AC/DC. With the '/' it becomes a 5 letter abbreviation, which I believe is somehow related to alternating currents and direct currents but I wouldn't know. Nevertheless, I can remember that 5 letter abbreviation as well.

If I made a rock band, however, I don't reckon it could beat the dizzying heights that AC/DC went to. That suggests that being able to remember a 5 letter abbreviation doesn't actually have anything to do with you being able to beat them. Or, just possibly, if you can be bothered remembering a 5 letter abbreviation it could be a sign of respect for that 5 letter abbreviation, and this would make you less likely to beat that 5 letter abbreviation. This is believable to me as the 5 letter abbreviation you speak of, TFFSFFSSLLSL, is not one which I respect, and instead one which we will roll over like a speed hump that has just been painted on.* So, despite your argument seeming rock solid when you posted it (rock pun intended), it actually works in reverse. Bad luck.

* = We actually do have a couple of those speed humps in Launceston, around the Trevallyn/Riverside area, quite amazing that there were town planners, engineers, mayors, or someone out there who actually thought that they might work. They're just massive red lines on the road, do they actually think we'll reckon they look like speed humps?

* = We actually do have a couple of those speed humps in Launceston, around the Trevallyn/Riverside area, quite amazing that there were town planners, engineers, mayors, or someone out there who actually thought that they might work. They're just massive red lines on the road, do they actually think we'll reckon they look like speed humps?

You sure those red lines aren't the splatter results of the last greenie v logging truck fracas? And I'm not suggesting the greenies were turned into speed humps by said wood carters. Well, maybe I am.

You sure those red lines aren't the splatter results of the last greenie v logging truck fracas? And I'm not suggesting the greenies were turned into speed humps by said wood carters. Well, maybe I am.
No, people would actually slow down for them then, to point and laugh at the ex-Greenies that lie there. Sadly, it was said in the paper that the big fat red lines across the road was to slow us down. They must've hired some real psychology experts to get that sort of a theory.

Highlanders m?re est un chien

Cop that buddy.

Chicken insults are poor form.
Highlanders m?re? LOL looks like someone forgot how to imply possessions in the third person.

These idiots can't even remember a 5 letter abbreviation...good luck trying to beat us :rolleyes:
These idiots cannot move past the "can't spell our name" whinging to realize that their cricket team blows... good luck trying to beat us. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
These idiots cannot move past the "can't spell our name" whinging to realize that their cricket team blows... good luck trying to beat us. :rolleyes:

And they cant understand that we dont care.

Last edited:
Highlanders m?re? LOL looks like someone forgot how to imply possessions in the third person.

I forgot how to do it.

Teach me?

Tradeuctions is the only word my limited French vocabulary doesn't include. Elaborate.

So PC guys give each other French lessons. I hope you use French letters when so doing.
I get it. You guys are just having a post ironic look at the scene in Life of Brian when Brian is caught painting graffiti and the Roman soldiers make him correct his grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread