The recent events in the Cricket Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hooper's immense.

Let's put all this racism business aside. After all, there is more pressing issues to be dealt with. I lost my wallet this morning.

The whole incident is pathetic. Harbhajan was racist, a few poor umpiring decisions, Michael Clarke takes a catch that hits the floor (apparently cheating), and mass war breaks out with India claiming they were harshly treated, and that the umpires and icc favour Australia, yet a few days later, Bucknor is sacked at the request of the BCCI. Its a game of cricket ffs, do you not have other issues in your life that are more important than a game of cricket ? Some people are pathetic.

I dont have to, the match referee, who's seen more evidence than we have found him guilty. If the math referee feels that he had sufficient evidence to ban him for racism i believe him. So as far as i'm concerned, Harbhajan is a racist.

I dont have to, the match referee, who's seen more evidence than we have found him guilty. If the math referee feels that he had sufficient evidence to ban him for racism i believe him. So as far as i'm concerned, Harbhajan is a racist.

Someone who says a racist comment is not a racist.

True, because he probably didn't intend to be racist...

Also, a racist is someone who genuinely hates all/some other races, and saying a word once doesn't make you that...

Let's put all this racism business aside. After all, there is more pressing issues to be dealt with. I lost my wallet this morning.

The thieves will be buying penny sweets all day.

They aren't? So what, you're allowed to do it once without being labelled a racist?

Yeah, at least I make PC a tad bit more interesting. Its getting to dull around here.

Yes! I lost my wallet too. I had to carry around my money in a Mobile Sock:p Found it a week later in my mates bedroom with all the money in it.

The whole incident is pathetic. Harbhajan was racist, a few poor umpiring decisions, Michael Clarke takes a catch that hits the floor (apparently cheating), and mass war breaks out with India claiming they were harshly treated, and that the umpires and icc favour Australia, yet a few days later, Bucknor is sacked at the request of the BCCI. Its a game of cricket ffs, do you not have other issues in your life that are more important than a game of cricket ? Some people are pathetic.
Indeed. Thats basically what happened.

Those "..." means Im shaking my head and laughing at the same time! What the hell is he then for saying racist comments? A legend? Lol, if you say racist things then you are racist. Stop backing Harba, he is a racist.

If you say a racist comment as a joke and you don't mean it, you're not a racist. But not sure if Harbhajan did mean it

Do we have to go back to discussing this? There'll always be people like King Pietersen who will want to summarize everything according to them and stamp it upon us as fact in a particularly obnoxious way. It's best just to ignore that instigation. It's been discussed enough. If they don't get it yet, they won't get it.

well if you have that sort of respecct

i was expecting more along the lines of,

sneaking into members and waiting till he walks into the pavilion
then ask and recieve
then ill give my adress

You would give him your address for a Sachin autograph?

God, some members are just being ignorant and are refusing to listen to other peoples opinions. If you have the tape of Harbhajan saying the word, why don't you show it to us? Don't act like you do because posts like that are doing no good and will only lead to more useless posts which most members will look past. Indian members shouldn't go on rambling about how Harbhajan did not say it because we do not know for sure. However, I can say, "innocent until proven guilty." That doesn't make him innocent it just means that there is an element of doubt which we cannot ignore, therefore, he should not be punished. So we shouldn't let our preconceived notions about this issue stray out of hand because there is no proof.

Please Note: If a tape of Harbhajan saying the word would've been found I don't care whether he meant it in a racist way or not, I would have like him to be punished.

Last edited:
Those "..." means Im shaking my head and laughing at the same time! What the hell is he then for saying racist comments? A legend? Lol, if you say racist things then you are racist. Stop backing Harba, he is a racist.

You say 'stop backing Harba', but I haven't really backed him throughout the fiasco. I've just provided my thoughts.

A racist is someone who discriminates against race for the purpose of superiority. I know you are hypersensitive to the issue and I do not blame you, but Harbhajan [may or may not have] said a racist comment which was meant to insult Symonds, it was not Harbhajan sharing his views on Symonds' race. Harbhajan does not have a racist view toward all black people in my opinion.

News from the BBC is that Harbhajan said something in Hindi which could sound like 'big monkey', but due to the bundled nature of the hearing, could not make this clear to Mike Proctor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread