The recent events in the Cricket Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to explain a few things from the Indian viewpoint, Steve... and I do respect your viewpoint as well.

But to say that we Indians cried mainly over the Sydney loss is unfair. And to be sure I've also been personally attacked by a few Australian members of this forum because I was misunderstood on why I was so angry about.

I think a lot of us got emotional over the Harbhajan Singh - racism issue. Sure, we were disappointed by the umpiring at Sydney, but what really sparked off was the decision (which we all believe is unjust) to ban Harbhajan for 3 matches even though (in our view) the allegation was not proven... so that was where the flaming got serious.

So yes, it was a rough time on the forums. I just wanted to clarify that point...

We do take cricketing defeat badly but we get over it, but this race row really poured oil on the flames...

Last edited:
I would just like to explain a few things from the Indian viewpoint, Steve... and I do respect your viewpoint as well.

But to say that we Indians cried mainly over the Sydney loss is unfair. And to be sure I've also been personally attacked by a few Australian members of this forum because I was misunderstood on why I was so angry about.

I think a lot of us got emotional over the Harbhajan Singh - racism issue. Sure, we were disappointed by the umpiring at Sydney, but what really sparked off was the decision (which we all believe is unjust) to ban Harbhajan for 3 matches even though (in our view) the allegation was not proven... so that was where the flaming got serious.

So yes, it was a rough time on the forums. I just wanted to clarify that point...

We do take cricketing defeat badly but we get over it, but this race row really poured oil on the flames...

But that being 'your' view doesnt make it right. I've said numerous times nothing has been leaked from the hearing, so i couldn't understand why anyone could say if he was guilty or not.

Interesting thing is, Symonds said in a magazine a few weeks before the test match that he didnt find the chants in India towards him racist. So who really knows what happened out there.....or in the hearing.

Last edited:
I was just explaining why we Indians (and particularly, I) were so angry... ;)

Whether right or wrong that was the way we perceived it. So that post was just by way of explanation and not to continue the Harbhajan Singh debate.

Yes, the emotions took over in the last few days...

Good stuff Stevo. Yes, immaturity from both sides really.

And Gilly, thanks for that ignore tip. I had no clue about what to do with Hooper before, but now I do :p

Geez, is there anything you do that isnt influenced by Effine? Computer Gays? Mmmmm....

lol.. hooper are you always high on that stuff you took?

Whats with me and apparently taking drugs? I DO NOT do drugs.

oh, maybe you were just being funny there sorry :p..

Perhaps I was...that was because PC was boring me and it needed something exciting to happen.

well i don't think anything new is gonne happen untill some new cricket news or some game comes out.

Im not saying this because im biased, but the Indian members really did act disgusting. I has never seen fans of a team act the way they did over the lose and to what extremes they wanted the BCCI and Indians in general to go, and then to falsely slag off Ausrtralians over un-factual opinions. But then the Aussie members fired back with attacks. So in the end it was fire against fire and was always going to end in disaster.
I'd give you a word of suggestion and that is to not group "Indian members" together. Because if you do that again you are going to irk my ire and you are also probably not going to understand my post.

Whats with me and apparently taking drugs? I DO NOT do drugs.

Are you in denial?. I believe Colin showed you the thread where you abused nearly all the mods quite a few members and were racist towards a few Indians.

Perhaps I was...that was because PC was boring me and it needed something exciting to happen.

Well no one's forcing you to stay, if you find it boring here.

Are you in denial?. I believe Colin showed you the thread where you abused nearly all the mods quite a few members and were racist towards a few Indians.

Well no one's forcing you to stay, if you find it boring here.
Yeah, its called mucking around because I was bored. Im not that sad to be on drugs and on an Internet forum at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread