The recent events in the Cricket Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very disappointed with the behaviour over these matters, surprised with some members, not with others. We seem to have gotten some order now, which is good, because given the events of the last few days you'll probably find the mods aren't as lenient as we normally are. This was a topic that could've been made great, yet a select bunch chose to behave like immature kids.

Hopefully PC can put this behind us, which is probably dependant on what happens next in this tour down under. IF something like this happened again members could find themselves unable to contribute, which I'm sure most members here want to, otherwise you simply wouldn't be here.

PC is a great place, let's keep it that way.

Well, I did not know how close you were sitting from them, you could have been in the upper tier for all I know. Still don't think you even have the guts to abuse a player who even has their back to you?

Lol are you serious? Everyone does it.

I think I have a right to comment when the cricket chat forum is getting completely ruined by idiots slinging pretty immature insults around.

Seriously dude, this isn't like a real serious issue. Its an online forum, not a government. "Abusing mods". Mods are just normal members, It's not like they are policemen or prime ministers.

Last edited:
Look, I may post a lot but at least my posts actually mean something and most of the time contribute to the thread. Usy, your known as the spambot on here with your typical "lol,haha" type posts. No one really cares what you have to say to be honest.

Ok goodnight, Teabag.

Im not a drunk, druggy or bogan. I have a drink on the weekends, I dont drink everyday or anything and I dont do drugs....there is some weird misconception that I smoke weed...Hmmm....

Anyways, toodles, last post from Hooper for this morning;)

not that you dont remind me of this IB2 guy who tries to act kool,

If you don't like what people are saying, there is always an ignore button. Use it.

The only defence the Indians seem to have on this forum is falsely accusing Australians of being racist and giving them negative reps for it.

I think the Indians are solely to blame for this debacle as they were the ones who were continously posting threads in the cricket forum, complaining about the events of what happened at the SCG and insulting our players & supporters. All of the Australians were merely defending themselves although admittingly I did tend to overreact.

When the Indians were proven wrong they couldn't hack it so they started putting monkeys in their display pictures & the ACB logo with a censor logo over it.

And the fact that I was being called racist on the basis that I had "Australia > India" in my signature was completely absurd as I saw Indian supporters (Cricketman93) have "India > Australia" in their signature before I put it in my signature!

Nevertheless, I'm with Hooper. I don't think any of the Indians would be acting like they were if it was face to face.

Nevertheless, I'm with Hooper. I don't think any of the Indians would be acting like they were if it was face to face.

Without getting into such a situation, how can you come to such a conclusion?

Everyone is more expressive and outgoing in the world of the Internet, because when it comes to a conversation by physical means, it takes an entirely different route. Most of the time, you cannot argue properly when you get into a heated argument if you face each other,

If you don't like what people are saying, there is always an ignore button. Use it.

Where is that? I cant see such a button on Planetcricket:p

Last edited:

Everyone is more expressive and outgoing in the world of the Internet, because when it comes to a conversation by physical means, it takes an entirely different route. Most of the time, you cannot argue properly when you get into a heated argument if you face each other,

well i guess you dont need the button. Just ignore them if you dont want to read them

You click on there account and next to add in buddy list is add in ignore list.

What matt said.

Everyone is more expressive and outgoing in the world of the Internet, because when it comes to a conversation by physical means, it takes an entirely different route. Most of the time, you cannot argue properly when you get into a heated argument if you face each other
You don't seem to be farmilar with the cronulla riots, do you?

The main disappointment I get is that this all revolves around Cricket. This is more like the encounters you see in Rugby.

I've moved on from this...

I hope everybody cools down. This is a great forum for discussing cricket and I hope we can keep it that way...

Whatever our emotions in the last few days, I hope we can all forgive, forget and look forward to the future. :)

I apologize for the way i acted 'earlier' in the thread as i tried hard to defend myself from personnel attacks, and false attacks towards my country (which in a way is understandable). From then on i tryed to keep an open mind of things and yes i was pretty suprised how immature people got.

Im not saying this because im biased, but the Indian members really did act disgusting. I has never seen fans of a team act the way they did over the lose and to what extremes they wanted the BCCI and Indians in general to go, and then to falsely slag off Ausrtralians over un-factual opinions. But then the Aussie members fired back with attacks. So in the end it was fire against fire and was always going to end in disaster.

But its pretty much over now:happy So its in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread