The recent events in the Cricket Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and I would say anything I said to an Indians face...I will probably be doing it when I go to the WACA Test match.

Ooh, hard man! So, what is your plan of action? Are you going to shout at Indians fielding on the boundary or approach one randomly?

Is this helpful to this discussion?

It is helpful to help people gauge how much of a twat they are acting like on forums due to this India/Australia row, which I believe is the main intention of the discussion.

Completely wrong. I'm not that arrogant.
Well, why would you want to open a thread like this? You know its only going to cause more crap like this.

I think I have a right to comment when the cricket chat forum is getting completely ruined by idiots slinging pretty immature insults around.
Yeah, but to start a whole thread? I don't think its doing anyone any good. Maybe talk about it in the Feedback/Suggestions forum or talk to Mods about it. I just think a thread like this is stirring us (me:p) even more.

Then I hope you enjoy your broken nose.
Doubt it, I wouldnt think an Indian (most of them are quite small) would try and fight me.

I don't want to fall out with you, but how can you feel the stuff in those threads was appropriate. And don't say it's an Aussie/Indian thing. I spoke to many Aussies and Indians and they also thought what was said was out of order.

It wasn't appropriate - some of it was OK, some was downright stupid. I think you can let a little bit of it go seeing how controversial it was, and besides its a FORUM. The main reason for a forum is to debate and to talk and challenge peoples views etc. And yes, because its India/Australia it will be even more heated with the amount of members coming from both these nations on here - and due to our tense rivalry. I can understand if your upset over what was said in the forum - a sad sact who geniunely cares about how people talk on an internet forum - then I think thats quite sad. Just let it go and hope we dont go in an all out insult war next time Australia wins:p

Fair enough. :p You know best. ;)

Hooper is a sensible member, but this discussion is throwing everyone off their wits, my sarcastic responce pretty much summed it up best.

Doubt it, I wouldnt think an Indian (most of them are quite small) would try and fight me.

I don't know where to start with that post. I just hope that you don't 'pick on' a Sikh, they don't need an excuse to start a fight - I should know.

Last edited:
Ooh, hard man! So, what is your plan of action? Are you going to shout at Indians fielding on the boundary or approach one randomly?

Thanks.

Well, I was thinking of shouting at Indians on the boundry, prefferably Harba seeing as he has been let off the hook. He probably deserves it more. I dont think an Indian fan will go off at me, there will be more Aussies there then Indians Im sure and theres nothing they can have a go at me for anyways.

Heh, I disagree forums are a place to spew abuse. Isn't that what you should do with friends in real life?

I agree though. This should be a place of serious discussion, and a lot of members have gotten very aggressive and inflamatory. Lots of shocking stuff posted too. And people have become very touchy and sensitive over the whole racial issue again, especially over the word Monkey. You can't say that it is a generally harmless term anymore. Whole thing has become very uptight and sticky...

Well forums are for discussion etc... but should be done in a right manner, within the rules ofcorse, and everybody should be respected as in real life friends, i agree.

People should not take people here seriously, (like colin, JJ, kev use to stereotype me) but ofcorse i was'nt gonne let them go ;).

Anyways good point that,

sp1.jpg

This Indian could destroy you pretty easily. :p Reps for anyone who guesses correctly who he is.

Yeah, but to start a whole thread? I don't think its doing anyone any good. Maybe talk about it in the Feedback/Suggestions forum or talk to Mods about it. I just think a thread like this is stirring us (me:p) even more.

The main reason for a forum is to debate and to talk and challenge peoples views etc

Kind of contradicting yourself. I feel a thread should be made to debate this

Thanks.

Well, I was thinking of shouting at Indians on the boundry, prefferably Harba seeing as he has been let off the hook. He probably deserves it more. I dont think an Indian fan will go off at me, there will be more Aussies there then Indians Im sure and theres nothing they can have a go at me for anyways.

You are not really saying it to their face are you? You are going to be more than 10 metres away, they probably won't hear you and they'll have their backs to you.

Well hooper you see, Tom has made a valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread