The Release Date Thread, where all Release Date posts must go

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If it gets Mod Support on the PS4 , I will be upgrading to that overpriced machine for sure .

And wouldnt Cross Platform Matchups be the next big thing if they can get that right , bearing in mind the small fractured Community that is Online Cricket....

Oh , and it will release on the 27th January 2017

*Hoping for Friday 25 November 2016 though

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The other thing I recall from the last one, however is this: it'll release when it'll release, and anybody can find some "logic" or compelling reason why date x, y or z is the best date, and it don't mean a damn thing.
@Biggs @Dutch wanna be sarcastic?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thanks for explaining it Dave, im not quite as eloquent as you and you've pretty much nailed what I meant. Not knocking BA at all.

" Goddamn it Mr @blockerdave ,you use your tongue prettier than a 10 dollar whore!!"

grkrama

National Board President
that is a wrong opinion and almost banable

just going off topic, so our Mary Sue Rey, can fly the falcon on intuition, is smuggler, can repair complex engineering, can speak to bot language, can speak to chewie, can teach han solo stuff on his own ship on her first ride, can master the force in the blink of an eye without being taught anything by anybody, when it took poor luke almost 3 movies, yoda, obi and an arm to get anywhere, can beat the heck out of a trained sith on her first light saber dual. I mean wow. Then Voldemorte with a bigger head is the new villain.

The movie starts with some plot like you know find luke, but then you know what lets do the death star thingy from the "new hope" only lets make it bigger and call it starkiller. How does it split into five beams in the middle of space, and despite blowing 5 planets which oddly seem to be to clsoe to each other, nobody even bothers to mention it in the passing afterwards, I mean five civilisations erased no big deal!

Also why is the republic called resistance i mean they were rebuilt by ep VI , this first oprder is supposed to be a new arising threat not an well established one, just to call leia as general?

Next leia, i mean the star killer is aiming for the planet, yet nobody even tries an evacuation, instead sit and hope on a bunch of planes to go and finish it of in the enemy base!

Not to get started on the little to totally absent character development, like why none of the character is fleshed out, its like a very poorly written ripoff of new hope. I mean jar jar binks was better than this!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 149013

just going off topic, so our MaryStu Rey, can fly the falcon on intuition, is smuggler, can repair complex engineering, can speak to bot language, can speak to chewie, can teach han solo stuff on his own ship on her first ride, can master the force in the blink of an eye without being taught anything by anybody, when it took poor luke almost 3 movies, yoda, obi and an arm to get anywhere, can beat the heck out of a trained sith on her first light saber dual. I mean wow. Then Voldemorte with a bigger head is the new villain.

The movie starts with some plot like you know find luke, but then you know what lets do the death star thingy from the "new hope" only lets make it bigger and call it starkiller. How does it split into five beams in the middle of space, and despite blowing 5 planets which oddly seem to be to clsoe to each other, nobody even bothers to mention it in the passing afterwards, I mean five civilisations erased no big deal!

Also why is the republic called resistance i mean they were rebuilt , this is supposed to be a new arising threat not an well established one, just to call leia as general?

Next leia, i mean the star killer is aiming ofr the planet, yet nobody even tries an evacuation, instead sit and hope on a bunch of planes to go and finish it of in the enemy base!

Not to get started on the little to totally absent character development, like why none of the character is fleshed out, its like a very poorly written ripoff of new hope. I mean jar jar binks was better than this!
The best post I have read on here for a long long time, it was a great read.

The Force Awakens just felt like a reunion for all the old cast. I wanted to like it I really did but just couldn’t.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh good lord :facepalm

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
And wouldnt Cross Platform Matchups be the next big thing if they can get that right...

Maybe @MattW can weigh in on this but it's my understanding (and I could well be wrong, for the first time) that this is controlled by Sony/Microsoft themselves and not the studios that make the games. I would LOVE to be able to play cross-platform matches against anyone on any console as it would make the online pool larger for consoles but I don't think that's a possibility even for the AAA titles? GTA (shudder at the comparison) isn't cross platform? Could be wrong. Be a first... But could be wrong.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Maybe @MattW can weigh in on this but it's my understanding (and I could well be wrong, for the first time) that this is controlled by Sony/Microsoft themselves and not the studios that make the games. I would LOVE to be able to play cross-platform matches against anyone on any console as it would make the online pool larger for consoles but I don't think that's a possibility even for the AAA titles? GTA (shudder at the comparison) isn't cross platform? Could be wrong. Be a first... But could be wrong.
It is done by some games, but it will always be Xbox plus PC or PS4 plus PC, never Xbox plus PS4.

As such, on raw numbers (ignoring the oversample of PC gamers on here) there would be minimal expansion of the playerbase, plus you'd likely need to pick one over the other - for example Rocket League has PS4 vs PC online play, but the Xbox One version is standalone.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Thanks Matt. That makes sense. So in the words of the Knight Templar in Indiana Jones, choose wisely.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
If it gets Mod Support on the PS4 , I will be upgrading to that overpriced machine for sure

That's my thinking too, depends on what comes in the box because the kit stuff @SnowyCasanova did in DBC14 was extraordinary, but limited. Be cool to see what kinda stuff they come up for the console version, that'll again make the decision easier vs. the PC version, once we know more.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Has mod support ever been available for a PS4 game?

grkrama

National Board President
i think fallout 4 is promising to do so..apart from that remember the pes thing were u could import a sav or something were u can edit everything inside their academy with a pen tool!

I think Gtav has xbox 360 usb mods unofficially, but a few of them compromised the system.

Fallout 4 official mod support finally coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One | Games | Geek.com

companies like Bethesda with millions at disposal are still working around on this. So practically given the framework within which MS and sony let you play and the hardware limitations, i would say it would be extraordinary if BA manage to pull of mods for dbc, but then they have done extraordinary things often!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread