IPL The Strategy Break

The Strategy Break...

• Total voters

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
if they want more commercial time, why cant they just make half time 15-20 min longer

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
nooooo!!!i dont want to see the a break of 15 minutes,
but i think this strategy break is quite good,all the team can make some discussion,which can be helpful,like what happened today with RCB

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Stupid. Ruins the game, the batsman have to get resettled and in T20, especially after the 10 over mark, there's no time for that.

Ari

International Cricketer
if they want more commercial time, why cant they just make half time 15-20 min longer

I agree with that if they had to make it longer that was the time to do it. Still I would rather there was no extra time added it is basically going against what T20 is meant to be - fast pace entertainment.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I thought the whole idea of Twenty20 was the theory of "A quick game is a good game". The Strategy Break goes against that and as someone has said already it straight from the America's sports. It just seems like an excuse for a drinks break and the captain to say, "We're doing good/bad, keep it up/play better".

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Absolute rubbish, kills the momentum for the batters in particular but also for bowlers if they have just picked up a wicket and are looking for another. It is like having an ad break but doubled and I hate ad breaks.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
I don't like it, but I think it has potential.

At the moment, it's possible to know who will win a T20 match after the first 10 overs. With the breaks in momentum there are more opportunities for the game to take a different direction, which is a good thing.

That said, I think the break should be 5 minutes or less and that perhaps some of Ray Jennings' suggestions should be taken onboard - like interviews with players about how the match is going, that sort of thing. Gotta entertain the masses.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
it's a nightmare to the TV audience and we have seen how the batting side loses the momentum after this break and yeah,it kind of brings back the balance between the bat and ball a bit closer to the equillibrium.doesn't it?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
This new strategy break is total bollocks. However, thanks to Sky NZ and its MySky HDi decoder, I always set it to record every match and than I would start watching once 30 minutes have passed. Strategy break, my arse, over in 5 seconds with fast forward.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Personally I'd rather shove a cucumber up my Arse than have this complete waste of time elongated ad break in T20 cricket. There was me thinking that T20 was a success because of its fast and frenetic pace, appealing to the masses because it didn't take all day.

Really what do the teams say during this???? Take more wickets or Score more runs, does any captain really need a special break to tell his team that?

Complete and utter arse waste of the highest order.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.

Good article there on Cricinfo. I can so imagine the horrors of watching cricket on TV in India. At least here in NZ this is what SKY NZ officialy says, "Because Sky Sports is pay per view tv, we will not broadcast advertisements and disrupt viewing experience unless they are official and necessary." By that they mean adverts only during drinks or innings breaks. Heck, I even saw the dog episode in the first game without an ad-break:D

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
It's stupid. You only need about 3 seconds to strategize...SMASH THE BALL ITS T20.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Its the best idea the IPL people have ever implemented. At least they are aware to how most of the time after 10 overs in either innings the game is a dead rubber, so this means that this break can change that. If a team is smashing it in the first 10 overs, then they will probably go on to score 200 but this break means the bowlers can regain momentum and change that. In the second innings, if your chasing over 170 and you lose 2 or 3 wickets early your gone. But the strategy break gives them a chance to get back in.

The IPL has finally realised why Twenty20 is boring, and are doing something to change it and it's brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread