The Subcontinental Issue!

Do You Think Its Worth Making a Separate "Sub-continental" Forum ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dutch

as far as I can tell the issue is not wholly a cultural one. It all has to do with quality of posting

people of different cultures and backgrounds have different perceptions of what is a good or bad post and different people of all backgrounds are posting rubbish as well as good posts.

the only way to go forward is to be rigourous about the rules of the forum and to crack down very hard on any post and member not adhering to the forum rules, which are in fact very clear but too much is allowed through

the issue is bad policying of existing rules

i am not blaming mods or staff for that but unless we up the level we will remain with all of these issues however the forum looks like or is organised..

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, a thread in Feedback/Suggestions should be the most constructive on the site. How do you expect the matter to be helped if you aren't substantiating claims or being constructive? Do you actually think we're likely to listen to people who can't be constructive in the same manner?

Respect is a very simple thing to adhere too, not only to us as staff, but to each other. Would you actually speak to people like that in the real world?

All I ask for now is to remain civil and respectful towards each other. Is that too much to ask for?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
It's nothing racial or anything like that, just different cultures, which is why I think it would work if it was split. You guys don't find our side of things interesting/funny and its vice versa.

I don't think segregating the forum is a good idea. The whole forum should be encourage to mix rather than said posters staying within certain confines.

Go back a few years and the forum got on pretty well regardless of cultures at least from what I can remember. I'm more inclined to see this as a issue of posting quality than cultures clashing.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
AngryPixel - you are such an idiot.

And jkartik, I can't agree with the idea of there being hindi conversations allowed. At the end of the day, it's an English speaking forum and therefore you should come on this forum and speak English (or type lol).

True. but the point here is in circumstances where there is a grammatical mistake or something similar, some of the westerners start bitching about it and make a big fuss .

but even if the whole "sub-continent" forum thing doesnt work,
please do bring back the rep system. its really an exciting prospect for the 12 year olds and the teenagers who apparently make up for the majority of the population in PC.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
please do bring back the rep system. its really an exciting prospect for the 12 year olds and the teenagers who apparently make up for the majority of the population in PC.

The rep system is still in place. While we had it visible on posts there was alot of people exchanging reps continuously and asking for people to rep them which then defeats the objective.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I think that the older members are growing up and moving on with their lives, and there's a new generation of members joining these forums. And the majority of them aren't going to start posting well. Did any of us really post well when we first joined forums? I look back at some of my older posts and just cringe. Younger members should really be guided and encouraged to post better rather than abused or made fun of. But as for older members such as AngryPixel, you really do expect better from them. They're at uni ffs and they act so childish!

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think that the older members are growing up and moving on with their lives, and there's a new generation of members joining these forums. And the majority of them aren't going to start posting well. Did any of us really post well when we first joined forums? I look back at some of my older posts and just cringe. Younger members should really be guided and encouraged to post better rather than abused or made fun of. But as for older members such as AngryPixel, you really do expect better from them. They're at uni ffs and they act so childish!

It was you who insulted me first remember. I never enjoy abusing someone. I only did when provoked. For that i'm a bad member then so be it. I just can't take abuse and stay quite.

Sureshot

Executive member
We have the authority to deal with complaints, you don't. Do not act by yourself if you think someone is breaking the rules.

P

pcfan123

Just came on to say HELL NO

You can't reward these people with their own forum for posting poorly and incoherently.

Also to whoever said "we are not allowed to speak in Hindi "

guess what? This is not a tweaking Indian only forum

Speak English or fearsome tweak off

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
And the majority of them aren't going to start posting well. Did any of us really post well when we first joined forums? I look back at some of my older posts and just cringe. Younger members should really be guided and encouraged to post better rather than abused or made fun of.

I don't really see where members have been abused or made fun of. There are certain members that continuously post below par posts and eventually people become bored of said posting which leads to people taking the mic out of them. Ie Binnu and AngryPixel

harrisb

International Coach
To be honest, i was never eager to get "greens" as you put it, but maybe that's just me, so the rep system isn't much of an issue for me.

However, i can see what you mean jk, the quality of the forums really has dropped in the last couple of months, we've had strange outbursts from a couple of members who have now left the forums, which lead to the temporary departure of MattW.

It's a sensitive issue, because people will see this thread and feel that they (the subcontinent guys) are being targeted because English might not be their strongest point. However, the forum is an english forum, and people should be told that any posts in any language other than English won't be tolerated when they join the forums.

One forum that has definitely gone down hill, and has been going badly for some time, is the C07 Forum, it's full of members who post randomly in there, and then you get certain members (bevab and Haarithan come to mind) who continuously try to make it look like they're a decent member by telling people that the person who has posted the random post should read the rules. Maybe they should look at the rules themselves.

I'm sure i'm not the only member who doesn't want to see this forum become a place where there has to be a seperate forum for Sub-Continent people and English people, because there are quite a few Sub-Continent people who are really nice guys. And i feel that segregation shouldn't be necessary.

Credit to JK for opening this thread, you could get some serious abuse for opening a thread like this, but i applaud you for bringing a situation that many people want to see sorted out.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Go back a few years and the forum got on pretty well regardless of cultures at least from what I can remember. I'm more inclined to see this as a issue of posting quality than cultures clashing.

Yes, the issue of posting quality than cultures clashing makes more sense and hence the need of something like a rep system to encourage better posting.

The rep system is still in place. While we had it visible on posts there was alot of people exchanging reps continuously and asking for people to rep them which then defeats the objective.

wasnt there something like "you need to spread it first before repping the same guy" ??

Sureshot

Executive member
There's been trolling going on and we've been acting on it in places, and to hold our hands up, we probably haven't been able to act on it effectively all the time. As said before, we are looking to address this as soon as we can.

Rep system still exists.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
wasnt there something like "you need to spread it first before repping the same guy" ??

Yes but people would just give it out randomly to allow them to give their friends rep again. There are pro's and con's to having the reps on peoples posts again and personally don't know whether it would make that much of a difference to the way in which people post.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but people would just give it out randomly to allow them to give their friends rep again. There are pro's and con's to having the reps on peoples posts again and personally don't know whether it would make that much of a difference to the way in which people post.

since it had worked for over 4 years, it might not be that bad IMHO.
why not give it a shot ? you can keep a specific target date, if you arent seeing the results by then, you can always go back.

Rep system still exists.

might wanna make it visible too ya know....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread