Story The War of Cricket:Sign-ups open

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
IndianStates.jpg

11th April 2011 A.D. Jammu & Kashmir

A cold breeze swept over the mountains. As it blew, two people, wearing masks to conceal themselves entered. They walked till Srinagar and proclaimed themselves kings of the state. The people did not offer any resistance. Infact, nobody had the courage and strength to do so. They quietly accepted that claim and continued their respective duties.

West Bengal

The whole state of Bengal was inactive. Hardly few people were out. It was one of the hottest days in Bengal and all were taking
a nap or were watching movies. Few vehicles were seen on the road. All of a sudden, two men came at a high speed in a bike. They stopped in front of the leader's office, went in, threw out the leader and they claimed themselves as leaders. The people all ran out to watch the miracle. They accepted those two people as leaders because they were not happy with the earlier leaders at all.

Similarly, in Kochi and Mumbai the same incidents occured. All these 8 people were ambitious to conquer all of India and prepared for the cricket war. The other states also prepared for the war. And from now the countdown starts!

Sign-ups open: I'll need 4 managers for this and the choices will be first come, first serve.

Entry form:
Manager name:
Team Colour:
Player (Here you'll have restrictions. If you select J&K as your state, you'll have to pick an European player etc. For more see rules):
State (You can only pick 4 of the available states.):

Rules:
This game operates like Cricket Risk of CG123. But it'll carry a storyline along with it.
You'll have to select a player. You have restrictions on picking. They depend upon the state you pick. Here are the rules:
J&K: Pick an European
WB: Pick an Asian other than an Indian player
KER: Pick an Oceanian
MAH: Pick an African or West Indian

You can pick only any four of the states available.
When the game starts, state within this thread which state you want to attack.
All states except the four main ones are CPU states.
When you attack a state, a cricket match occurs. Each game consists of 4 overs and 4 wickets. You can play with only one player, so selecting an all-rounder is the best option.
If you lose a match to a state, then that state's player will become much stronger, thus making it difficult for the next user who attacks that particular state.
You can attack only nearby states, that is, if you're state is Kerela, you can attack only Karnataka or Tamil Nadu first before moving on.
You cannot attack user controlled states till the climax.
There'll be a day and night phase. At Day, you can attack a state. At night, sometimes there'll be rebellions.
You can make only attack per day.
Some players will have special powers. These will be explained as the story drags on.
Only the 28 states of India will be counted. The 7 union territories will be merged with the states.
The storyline will play a crucial part and will give clues on which state to attack, do read them!
I hope you enjoy this story.
If you have any doubts, ask me within this thread.

Bevab

Staff Member
Sign-ups so far:
20/20 PRO---Red---Jammu & Kashmir---Andrew Flintoff
p23456789---Black---West Bengal---Shakib Al Hasan
Akul----------Blue----Maharashtra----Dwayne Bravo

Also only players who retired last year are allowed. So Flintoff is allowed.

Last edited:

Near

Club Cricketer
Manager name: p23456789
Team Colour: Black
Player : Shakib Al Hasan
State : West Bengal

Good Luck with this :thumbs

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Good luck, hopefully you can get this somewhere unlike I did with Cricket Risk.

Bevab

Staff Member
@All:Thanks guys, I've planned this well enough for it to succeed. Also only 4 managers puts little pressure on me, as I had enormous pressure on me for my earlier stories and leagues.

Hope to get this on the running track.:thumbs

The Rock

County Cricketer
Eight people come in 4 different states and claim that they'll be the leaders and the people accept them. Is it 2011? Really?
But the league concept is good. I would have took part in the league but I cant as I wont be active this week! :( If any team is available even after 7 days, then count me in ;)

Bevab

Staff Member
One state did not have the power to resist where as the other 3 did oppose, but where defeated.

Never mind, I'm pretty sure that there'll be a place for after a week.

Bevab

Staff Member
No sign-ups?:(

Akul

International Coach
Manager name:Akul
Team Color:Blue
Player :Jaques Kallis
State Maharashtra

If Retired Players or Old Payers arent allowed or if it looks odd then Dwayne Bravo or Nicky Boje. Otherwise I go with Pollock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread