This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Question for Beta Testers.

Have you ever seen AI sending Nightwatchman in the Tests to protect the higher order batsman ?

Similarly, Does AI send Pinch hitters up the order to take care of steep asking rate in ODIs or T20?

I presume we can change the batting order as per requirement in the game

Would be interested to know if there was any discussion on nightwatchman / pinch hitters during the testing stage.

Have you ever seen AI sending Nightwatchman in the Tests to protect the higher order batsman ?

Similarly, Does AI send Pinch hitters up the order to take care of steep asking rate in ODIs or T20?

Would be interested to know if there was any discussion on nightwatchman / pinch hitters during the testing stage.
No. I think we have to temper expectations: the game is good bloody good but is still a game. A work around is there though should you so be inclined; wicket falls, change sides, adjust batting order, change sides again. In the Ashes official mode you cannot change sides however afair

Thanks Blocker.

The last 60 pages have been gold mate. Ashes looks amazing and I will be getting the game when it released as i loved the last two games from Bigant.
PS One question Blocker, has there been any improvements to LB of the batsmen. The rest is all covered. Amazing them videos I thought I was watching real cricket highlights.

if you mean getting them out LBW, yeah that should all be in there: got some really good ones.

Reactions: DAP
@Dutch anything on the back foot no ball? Just curious cos it's part of the game rule.

No. I think we have to temper expectations: the game is good bloody good but is still a game. A work around is there though should you so be inclined; wicket falls, change sides, adjust batting order, change sides again. In the Ashes official mode you cannot change sides however afair

I actually hate the nightwatchman concept anyway. If you're good enough to be a top order batsman you should be good enough to go out there and survive a few overs before the close of play. :facepalm

if you mean getting them out LBW, yeah that should all be in there: got some really good ones.

Sorry no I mean leg byes after the ball hits the batsman. It's not a big thing but something to add as the last two games the ball slowed down to much off the body.

no nightwatchmen, but if you press up on the D Pad after 80 overs a little man comes out with a box of new kookaburra where you hand select your new ball! Then you can shake his hand and he walks off!

Disgusting. Petitioning Big Ant for Duke balls or I'm not buying the game! :p

Seriously though that sounds awesome haha!

I actually hate the nightwatchman concept anyway. If you're good enough to be a top order batsman you should be good enough to go out there and survive a few overs before the close of play. :facepalm

It has it's ups and downs for sure.

things like this are "cherries on top". we've had a lot of discussion about situational awareness of AI, but we are working within the confines of things already designed. future iterations may take us toward that but i don't think it's something we will see in ashes even after patches.

the AI has stepped up in terms of how it bats; in terms of its bowling changes etc. we are now still plugging away on field changes. i think i'm right in saying it's better to focus on these core elements first.

as @Dutch says, we need realistic expectations. I believe this will launch as the best cricket game ever, but there will still be some issues. some of which we have already identified and worked on but too late to be in the launch game /day 1 patch. i am certain that other things will be identified as come next thursday the number of people playing and putting in hours of gaming will explode, and hopefully they will get addressed too. other things (perhaps like this) might be noted for future games.

however, i am confident that there isn't any face-palm, this should have been obvious in 5 mins of play type issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1510139789][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry no I mean leg byes after the ball hits the batsman. It's not a big thing but something to add as the last two games the ball slowed down to much off the body.

oh yeah, all extras/sundries are as they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread