This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

@Dutch anything on the back foot no ball? Just curious cos it's part of the game rule.

seriously, what are you on about?

so the animation for the off spinner coming wide looks like it should be a back foot no-ball. who the fearsome tweak cares? most people won't even notice that. i have seen literally 2 people even comment on it, and the other one mentioned it once, but you keep banging on about it. the animations and lines are set, they're not likely to change.

it's a game: quirks of animation exist. so what.

things like this are "cherries on top". we've had a lot of discussion about situational awareness of AI, but we are working within the confines of things already designed. future iterations may take us toward that but i don't think it's something we will see in ashes even after patches.

the AI has stepped up in terms of how it bats; in terms of its bowling changes etc. we are now still plugging away on field changes. i think i'm right in saying it's better to focus on these core elements first.

as @Dutch says, we need realistic expectations. I believe this will launch as the best cricket game ever, but there will still be some issues. some of which we have already identified and worked on but too late to be in the launch game /day 1 patch. i am certain that other things will be identified as come next thursday the number of people playing and putting in hours of gaming will explode, and hopefully they will get addressed too. other things (perhaps like this) might be noted for future games.

however, i am confident that there isn't any face-palm, this should have been obvious in 5 mins of play type issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1510139789][/DOUBLEPOST]

oh yeah, all extras/sundries are as they should be.

People have to remember that Bigant only had a year since DBC17 was released. Still after watching just a couple of the videos posted shows what you guys are talking about here.

so the animation for the off spinner coming wide looks like it should be a back foot no-ball. who the fearsome tweak cares? most people won't even notice that. i have seen literally 2 people even comment on it, and the other one mentioned it once, but you keep banging on about it. the animations and lines are set, they're not likely to change.

I only wanted to know if it will be fixed. Not a deal breaker tho. I am sure there will be many more who would complain once the game is released.
And not sure why would get angry for asking questions. I have pre ordered the game from Amazon and as a customer I have rights to know.
Thanks for the response.

If only he had seen what the spinner used to do to drive @Dutch so crazy.

I only wanted to know if it will be fixed. Not a deal breaker tho. I am sure there will be many more who would complain once the game is released.
And not sure why would get angry for asking questions. I have pre ordered the game from Amazon and as a customer I have rights to know.
Thanks for the response.

you continually ask the same question. you have no rights to know anything: buyer beware. we have no obligation to answer any question from anyone.

you continually ask the same question. you have no rights to know anything: buyer beware. we have no obligation to answer any question from anyone.

Cricket nuts Blocker at there best. The love of the game.

Mate I don't want to offend anyone. Being a beta tester thread I was expecting some kind of response not necessarily stating it's fixed. I understand there will be flaws. And You are right, you don't have to respond to my question. I was reposting since I thot it was missed out by the testers. As a buyer I am looking for answers from bigants. And this being a beta tester thread you guys do represent Bigants. Nothing against you blocker.

Thanks for the response.
Your pre order is just one in a million they must have got. You are a customer of big ant not his. Stop being a pain in the *** for anyone here. If you want your questions answered wait till ur preorder comes through.

How about form does it play into the ashes/test modes. Players starting on a lower or higher confidence at the start of the match/ inns.

I don't thing this was added in the last games but was talked about by some.

Cricket nuts Blocker at there best. The love of the game.

there are limits though mate... 6 pages of discussion on slip position, I'm all for! (would have been 106 but i slept through it, gutted!). banging on about an animation quirk nobody spotted is too much

Mate I don't want to offend anyone. Being a beta tester thread I was expecting some kind of response not necessarily stating it's fixed. I understand there will be flaws. And You are right, you don't have to respond to my question. I was reposting since I thot it was missed out by the testers. As a buyer I am looking for answers from bigants. And this being a beta tester thread you guys do represent Bigants. Nothing against you blocker.
We do not represent Big Ant....we are just a group of dedicated feckwits pouring hours of freetime into helping BA because they were so kind/daft to invite us....anything we say is not official at all.

there are limits though mate... 6 pages of discussion on slip position, I'm all for! (would have been 106 but i slept through it, gutted!). banging on about an animation quirk nobody spotted is too much

Yeah but you have to let somethings go Blocker, lower that blood pressure. After the game is released things will get a lot worse. Wait for the ball past though the bat/body and many more treats. LOL

things like this are "cherries on top". we've had a lot of discussion about situational awareness of AI, but we are working within the confines of things already designed. future iterations may take us toward that but i don't think it's something we will see in ashes even after patches.

the AI has stepped up in terms of how it bats; in terms of its bowling changes etc. we are now still plugging away on field changes. i think i'm right in saying it's better to focus on these core elements first.
Agreed. Jus was curious to know. May be it will be good to add it in their ‘To Do List’ for their next game.

Users who are viewing this thread