This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

The side crease no ball is not at all a big deal to me as its just the animation and I had my eyes on the animation not the crease, so its just a matter of perspective..I like how the angle of spin is varied and I think off spinners may have more than 1 animation, I am looking forward to get my hands on the bowling to see how the ball behaves with different animation..You can visibly see the difference between the pace bowlers on how giving more air and hitting hard pitch animations create a difference..

Just looking at those gameplay itself feels awesome as its varied and the feel is just too good [Hence bugging someone to keep posting gameplay videos :p] But seeing the negativity attraction its good to give it some time and the game is about to release in a week anyway so..

I am sure there will be things which might need a look over but the side crease no ball isnt one of them IMO...Also theres option of always bowling closer to the stumps from bowling crease if that bugs you...Just my opinion..

Mate to suggest there is a lack of awareness is just an insult.

Iv noticed it, but like I said it make 0 difference. It isn't real life! Fifa you can put together 8-9 skill moves together then flick it over your head and score. That's not real! At all.
I mean lack of awareness in general since it doesn't happen much in real life cricket. Don't take everything personally bro. Again I repeat I have nothing against you guys. I have praised you guys many a times.

It's not a bug though it's just a product of going wide so the animation overlaps. Suppose you could just not go that wide!

I understand why it's happening, just saying it could have been worked out...I just feel everyone at BigAnt just missed it, maybe till it was too late to rectify.

Anyways, my main point is BigAnt needs to be ready to hear about it a lot. We guys are mostly fans of gameplay and everything else is mostly a bonus for us so we would most likely look past this mistake...however most of the target audience for this game will notice it and will surely talk about is as it's basically breaking the rules of the game (since the no-ball cannot be called)

I mean lack of awareness in general since it doesn't happen much in real life cricket. Don't take everything personally bro. Again I repeat I have nothing against you guys. I have praised you guys many a times.
He isnt taking it personal mate IMO but he is talking about the "GAMES" in general..At the end of the day its a game and enjoyment and spending good quality time would be the goal and that would definitely be satisfied with this game from what we have seen so far...There were many things that bugged me in 14 and 17 but overtime it became a matter of laughter to me seeing it, so I feel its matter of time and perspective you look at it, give it some time and it will become part of the fun...

The side crease no ball is not at all a big deal to me as its just the animation and I had my eyes on the animation not the crease, so its just a matter of perspective..I like how the angle of spin is varied and I think off spinners may have more than 1 animation, I am looking forward to get my hands on the bowling to see how the ball behaves with different animation..You can visibly see the difference between the pace bowlers on how giving more air and hitting hard pitch animations create a difference..

Just looking at those gameplay itself feels awesome as its varied and the feel is just too good [Hence bugging someone to keep posting gameplay videos :p] But seeing the negativity attraction its good to give it some time and the game is about to release in a week anyway so..

I am sure there will be things which might need a look over but the side crease no ball isnt one of them IMO...Also theres option of always bowling closer to the stumps from bowling crease if that bugs you...Just my opinion..
Not a deal breaker bro. Maybe you might have an issue with bouncer no balls or hit wicket or something else. It was just my observation. It was cos someone else brought it up, I was commenting. I understand there were other major issues fixed this time and I am very happy with the progress seen so far. I had pre ordered the game even before this thread came up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why it's happening, just saying it could have been worked out...I just feel everyone at BigAnt just missed it, maybe till it was too late to rectify.
They didnt though; I think it was a question of moving him slightly wider so that he didnt clip through the stumps When bowling close to the wicket.....its a compromise......you sometimes have to compromise.

They didnt though; I think it was a question of moving him slightly wider so that he didnt clip through the stumps When bowling close to the wicket.....its a compromise......you sometimes have to compromise.
The bowling animation does look top notch. Hats off to you guys

3 each side, narrow, normal, wide. was the same in dbc17 too

Cool. You can tell i wasn't much of a bowler in DBC17.

@Sherrytk Try and keep a bit of perspective mate. It's a very minor animation glitch from what i have seen. DBC14 and 17 were in my opinion flawed games that were frustrating simply because they were so close to being GREAT games. Core elements like AI, Stats, Batting, Bowling and Fielding had brilliant aspects and disappointing aspects. If AC nails these areas, or at least eliminates the frustrating flaws of DBC14/17 then I will be happy.

Personally I will be thrilled with the game if the biggest glitches end up being things like phantom back foot no balls and iffy commentary.

The bowling animation does look top notch. Hatts off to you guys
We did nothing towards the animations we just gave feedback and they changed things: we deserve no credit for that kind of thing.....

Cool. You can tell i wasn't much of a bowler in DBC17.

@Sherrytk Try and keep a bit of perspective mate. It's a very minor animation glitch from what i have seen. DBC14 and 17 were in my opinion flawed games that were frustrating simply because they were so close to being GREAT games. Core elements like AI, Stats, Batting, Bowling and Fielding had brilliant aspects and disappointing aspects. If AC nails these areas, or at least eliminates the frustrating flaws of DBC14/17 then I will be happy.

Personally I will be thrilled with the game if the biggest glitches end up being things like phantom back foot no balls and iffy commentary.
Sense, blissfull sense.....

that's a pretty insulting comment.

firstly, yes we beta testers are truly "amateurs" - we're doing this in free time for the love it. secondly, i didn't notice it. thirdly, even if i had, i wouldn't report it, since it has zero impact on gameplay.

fifa and madden etc. have animations with players feet going through the floor: is it a bug that it doesn't result in an injury? grow up.

Well, I actually didn't mean you guys when I said testers. I meant the people who tested stuff out during the primary stages of the development cycle, while the animations were being implemented. You guys came into the picture much later I believe, post which most of these issues, even had you reported, might have been impossible to rectify. I thought you would understand that.

As for the word Amateur...it wasn't meant for anyone personally nor did it define either the developers, testers or beta testers. It just defined the nature of the issue, which, as I said earlier, is something that is not according to the rules of the game.

As for it effecting gameplay....surely it doesn't (well unless one says it's an illegal delivery as per the laws of the game)....however that can be said about the bowler crossing the popping crease as well by a foot and it not being considered as a no-ball ever, and maybe you would not consider that as worth of reporting too....which I totally respect. However, that is as per your personal likes and dislikes of what you look for in a game. Similarly, for 'me', it is a glaring issue if the bowler is bowling an illegal delivery as per the rules of the game and that is not being registered as such by the game.

I am actually a little disappointed at how BigAnt missed it since I know how good they are and how much attention to details they pay. And this mistake just opens a window for people to take shots at the game and sadly no-one will be able to refute it for this particular issue. So yes...personally...I am disappointed at how this wasn't identified.

However, that in no way means that I dislike the game or have anything against BigAnt or their testers or beta testers. I can see the quality product that all their work has resulted in and am more excited than most to get my hands on the game.

As for your example from FIFA...well I can't even comment on it as it has nothing to do with the rules of the game. Dbc (In fact almost all games) have animation glitches like body parts going through objects....yet no-one has ever mentioned it as an issue. I don't even know what you meant to co-relate with that example. Here we have an issue with the rules of the game and not animation glitches.

I don't understand though why some guys are just taking it personally. The issue doesn' affect some people and at the same time it effects some people. It's just that I saw something in the play that I personally felt was wrong and not as per the rules of the game and I pointed it out. How it means I am dissing the game or trying to bring out issues for no reason etc etc it beyond my understanding tbh.

And if that's the general attitude around here where one should not comment on what they see as a flaw and have a genuine desire to talk about it so that the game can be better then I guess il refrain myself from posting more here from here on. Yes...that's what il do infact

I don't understand though why some guys are just taking it personally. The issue doesn' affect some people and at the same time it effects some people. It's just that I saw something in the play that I personally felt was wrong and not as per the rules of the game and I pointed it out. How it means I am dissing the game or trying to bring out issues for no reason etc etc it beyond my understanding tbh.

And if that's the general attitude around here where one should not comment on what they see as a flaw and have a genuine desire to talk about it so that the game can be better then I guess il refrain myself from posting more here from here on. Yes...that's what il do infact
You'll be missed?

Mate we are all a bit tetchy and need to calm down, especially me. Its going to be a great game. Lets just enjoy that and enjoy each others opinions and each orhers company.....Words and meanings are lost in translation.....people from all sides are taking things way too serious and losing perspective....we all want the same thing: for Ashes to be the best game ever; I think we beta testers are spoilt a bit having played the game however my advice would be for everyone to play the game for a few weeks and see If the issues that seem like issues now are in fact issues then :)

Users who are viewing this thread