This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Looks like it's a design flaw. Maybe they might restrict how wide you can go while bowling, however doubt that the no ball rule can be implemented at this point. However the chances of the same happening in real life matches is very minimal and most of the people aren't aware either.

I honestly never think about it as it has no effect on the game

Well tbh, I do feel the backfoot no-ball is a glaring miss by BigAnt devs and testers, specially since it is something that is a part of the rule book. I do hope it's fixed eventually as it is an amateur mistake tbh by a very experienced and one of the best development teams if I may add.

that's a pretty insulting comment.

firstly, yes we beta testers are truly "amateurs" - we're doing this in free time for the love it. secondly, i didn't notice it. thirdly, even if i had, i wouldn't report it, since it has zero impact on gameplay.

fifa and madden etc. have animations with players feet going through the floor: is it a bug that it doesn't result in an injury? grow up.

I honestly never think about it as it has no effect on the game
My point is that it is a rule of the game. Maybe someone over looked it in the initial stage of development. I don't think the testers has a role to play in this. Even if noticed might have been too late by then. Rules does impact authenticity of the game not necessarily gameplay.

that's a pretty insulting comment.

firstly, yes we beta testers are truly "amateurs" - we're doing this in free time for the love it. secondly, i didn't notice it. thirdly, even if i had, i wouldn't report it, since it has zero impact on gameplay.

fifa and madden etc. have animations with players feet going through the floor: is it a bug that it doesn't result in an injury? grow up.
Who the hell even cares about backfoot no ball lmao. The discussion itself looks so lame about it being included. If this is the biggest issue people are worrying about, I suppose game will be a huge success :P

My point is that it is a rule of the game. Maybe someone over looked it in the initial stage of development. I don't think the testers has a role to play in this. Even if noticed might have been too late by then. Rules does impact authenticity of the game not necessarily gameplay.

I know it's a rule, but the rule is there in reality to stop the bowler gaining too much of an advantage by adjusting his angle too much.

This is simply a animiation quirk that over laps the line. Which has 0 affect on gameplay

Who the hell even cares about backfoot no ball lmao. The discussion itself looks so lame about it being included. If this is the biggest issue people are worrying about, I suppose game will be a huge success :P
Maybe this can be addressed in future release. However there is definite lack of awareness.

Game has everything in the making of best cricket game ever. No doubts about that.

This place drives me nuts.....people just want things to moan at; If its not this its that and If not that then this.....its a feckin computer game people: If something so minor ruins your enjoyment dont buy it.....[DOUBLEPOST=1510238285][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe this can be addressed in future release. However there is definite lack of awareness.
there is no lack of awareness....just mindboggingly infuriating pettiness.....we should have obviously left the beta process to you and your like: you have no idea how much discussion and feedback was given over the spinners run up: this is a compromise to stop him walking through the stumps whilst giving us still the option of bowling from SIX different starting angles.....maybe we need to go back to the cricket 07 monotony......fudge the fedge fadge fidge....

Last edited by a moderator:
This place drives me nuts.....people just want things to moan at; If its not this its that and If not that then this.....its a feckin computer game people: If something so minor ruins your enjoyment dont buy it.....[DOUBLEPOST=1510238285][/DOUBLEPOST]
fearsome tweak the fearsome tweak off you fearsome tweak fearsome tweak
Ps4 gamer :(. And again nothing against any of the testers. You guys are brilliant.

Game has everything in the making of best cricket game ever. No doubts about that.
Honestly, I think backfoot no ball would not even feature in the bottom of my wishlist.

This place drives me nuts.....people just want things to moan at; If its not this its that and If not that then this.....its a feckin computer game people: If something so minor ruins your enjoyment dont buy it.....[DOUBLEPOST=1510238285][/DOUBLEPOST] there is no lack of awareness....just mindboggingly infuriating pettiness.....we should have obviously left the beta process to you and your like: you have no idea how much discussion and feedback was given over the spinners run up: this is a compromise to stop him walking through the stumps whilst giving us still the option of bowling from SIX different starting angles.....maybe we need to go back to the cricket 07 monotony......fudge the fedge fadge fidge....

6?! Nice! Would that be 3 for each side of the wicket? DBC17 only had 4 right?

This place drives me nuts.....people just want things to moan at; If its not this its that and If not that then this.....its a feckin computer game people: If something so minor ruins your enjoyment dont buy it.....[DOUBLEPOST=1510238285][/DOUBLEPOST] there is no lack of awareness....just mindboggingly infuriating pettiness.....we should have obviously left the beta process to you and your like: you have no idea how much discussion and feedback was given over the spinners run up: this is a compromise to stop him walking through the stumps whilst giving us still the option of bowling from SIX different starting angles.....maybe we need to go back to the cricket 07 monotony......fudge the fedge fadge fidge....

Now now Dutch deep breath in and out. Count to 10 .. there you go.. everything alright

Users who are viewing this thread