This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

I feel like sometimes it does, but then I don't and no one confirms it ha. It's a mystery like reverse swing itself!

I can't recall from DBC17 *IF* reverse swing was in the game or not. If it is, how does it work? Does the delivery selection thing say 'reverse in swing' *OR* do you set the ball to outswing and it then inswings? The latter is how i'd expect it to work...

I can't recall from DBC17 *IF* reverse swing was in the game or not. If it is, how does it work? Does the delivery selection thing say 'reverse in swing' *OR* do you set the ball to outswing and it then inswings? The latter is how i'd expect it to work...

It's more like the ball will be swinging when it's new, then after that not move at all when you attempt to swing it for a bit, then suddenly you will be able to swing it again. It was all pretty mercurial.

Static camera positions. The camera then transitions to fielding camera as per other camera selections.

VirQS5L.jpg
Was skeptical about this at first but doesn't look bad really! Surely never gonna use it while batting but may be for bowling..

I find that quite funny so I'll let you off, won't be tonight I literally don't Have the time.

May do something for weekend!

If you wondered if it's you who sounds like a div... take a look at the pic and see if it's similar to the stuff you say

Attachments

• IMG_0276.PNG
    IMG_0276.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 106
I find that quite funny so I'll let you off, won't be tonight I literally don't Have the time.

If you wondered if it's you who sounds like a div... take a look at the pic and see if it's similar to the stuff you say
Its even worse in the IGN video.

The IGN video wasnt the best though, being diplomatic. I'm not sure what Ashes cricket is trying to achieve but showcasing a five over match with a bloke who hasnt learned to bat in the game is irritating for people starved of content and foaming about this latest release. The only substance I've seen has been from the blokes on the beta team.

Well tbh, I do feel the backfoot no-ball is a glaring miss by BigAnt devs and testers, specially since it is something that is a part of the rule book. I do hope it's fixed eventually as it is an amateur mistake tbh by a very experienced and one of the best development teams if I may add.

Last edited:
It's more like the ball will be swinging when it's new, then after that not move at all when you attempt to swing it for a bit, then suddenly you will be able to swing it again. It was all pretty mercurial.
obviously reverse swing is there in DBC17 ,after 30 odd overs if we rub the ball once per over and bowl straight towards middle and leg stump line then it reverses as i experienced in test matches. If we bowl off stump then the ball swings to 4th 5th stump. If there is an option of Reverse swing in Ashes menu i would be more than happy man.

Well tbh, I do feel the backfoot no-ball is a glaring miss by BigAnt devs and testers, specially since it is something that is a part of the rule book. I do hope it's fixed eventually as it is an amateur mistake tbh by a very experienced and one of the best development teams if I may add.

It's not a bug though it's just a product of going wide so the animation overlaps. Suppose you could just not go that wide!

Looks like it's a design flaw. Maybe they might restrict how wide you can go while bowling, however doubt that the no ball rule can be implemented at this point. However the chances of the same happening in real life matches is very minimal and most of the people aren't aware either.

Users who are viewing this thread