This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

I'd be tempted to try the classic cams for spin bowling. We have sliders so can tweak them so the classic cam works as best as it can. I see it's drawcard, people like to play games like they are telecast. its like side cam in rugby games which under jonah lomu rugby and ea rugby was the best and since those classic games the side cam has become dead and arguably so has rugby gaming. For batting though I do appreciate the revolution from DBC14 close batting cam its the go to spot for me

But by it's very nature, the static cams are not like a telecast. There is no telecast with a static camera.

I need a distraction. Wait is too painful, flying out to MALAYSIA for couple of days

But by it's very nature, the static cams are not like a telecast. There is no telecast with a static camera.
Thats true with today's technology the camera includes the bowler and zooms accordingly. I think what is concerning everyone is in DBC17 the camera followed the ball so when the bowler took his final strides the camera dipped and bopped. This doesn't happen in real life. I'm not sure if this got patched later though. People want a fixed camera in the crucial moments. No movement whatsoever.

Thats true with today's technology the camera includes the bowler and zooms accordingly. I think what is concerning everyone is in DBC17 the camera followed the ball so when the bowler took his final strides the camera dipped and bopped. This doesn't happen in real life. I'm not sure if this got patched later though. People want a fixed camera in the crucial moments. No movement whatsoever.

Yeh except the words 'static' or 'fixed' were never used until a few days ago. It was always 'broadcast'

I need a distraction. Wait is too painful, flying out to MALAYSIA for couple of days

Yeah I know, I'm thinking about driving to Luxembourg or something

This needs clarifying in what you mean by "real life" because it 100% happens in real broadcasts. The dbc17 and ashes "broadcast" cameras are very accurate in that respect.

as snowy says, that was what caused the confusion - people said broadcast, and they meant fixed.

@WealeyH or any beta tester : Have you seen any prodigious reverse swing with an old ball in the game?

P.S.: Asked this since there is a way to check the wear on the ball....Maybe they would have included reverse swing stuff!

If it's one of you in here that has commented on one of the videos saying:

'Crowd make no noise when bowling' 'players don't shake hands when walking off. 'Much improvement needs to be made'

Honestly.. do 1! You joker
Do what rose dose so well. ignore list

@WealeyH or any beta tester : Have you seen any prodigious reverse swing with an old ball in the game?

P.S.: Asked this since there is a way to check the wear on the ball....Maybe they would have included reverse swing stuff!

I feel like sometimes it does, but then I don't and no one confirms it ha. It's a mystery like reverse swing itself!

I felt like there was sometimes reverse swing in DBC17 as well. Always looked like conventional swing (away from the shine) on replays but it's possible they just didn't model the change.

Users who are viewing this thread