This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Memory as in volatile/cache/buffer memory? Okay, I think this was misunderstood. By "on demand", I meant having the ability to view Snicko/Hot Spot for one particular delivery that resets after the lifecycle of the said delivery is complete.

For example: I played and missed one at 2.1 overs. I go and watch the snicko for that delivery. Then I played and missed the next one too. So this time, the snicko would be available for 2.2 only and not 2.1. This would mean at any given time, the data will be available for a single delivery only and not past deliveries.

Yeah basically I don't know haha! It's not they are not allowed to though.

Memory as in volatile/cache/buffer memory? Okay, I think this was misunderstood. By "on demand", I meant having the ability to view Snicko/Hot Spot for one particular delivery that resets after the lifecycle of the said delivery is complete.

For example: I played and missed one at 2.1 overs. I go and watch the snicko for that delivery. Then I played and missed the next one too. So this time, the snicko would be available for 2.2 only and not 2.1. This would mean at any given time, the data will be available for the current delivery only and not past deliveries.
To keep it simple just like the Big Eye..

I have always wanted to see hotspot whenever I middled a ball that flew to the boundary...
Goes back to my question about an hour ago about replays - whether anything has been added/improved upon from DBC 17. Would be cool to see a hotspot/snicko after an appeal where you've chosen not to review to see if you were right or not. Would leave you kicking yourself if you see there was a feint nick and you didn't review.

(Also asked whether English Test stadiums are licensed or just Australian ones)

Only Australian Ashes stadiums.....replay is at the mo the same as dbc: although the cut scene replays after wickets and boundaries is much improved.[DOUBLEPOST=1510225408][/DOUBLEPOST]On demand snicko and hotspot are wishlist items....

Another QQ - in the videos you occasionally see what looks like a cover drive animation but the ball goes to mid on. Is this a) the batsmen aiming to mid on and the animation not quite being right, or b) an inside edged drive as you often see (and would be pretty realistic!)

Another QQ - in the videos you occasionally see what looks like a cover drive animation but the ball goes to mid on. Is this a) the batsmen aiming to mid on and the animation not quite being right, or b) an inside edged drive as you often see (and would be pretty realistic!)

the latter

The static cameras look fantastic, I will definitely be using them. Finally we have got rid of the washed out DBC17 graphics and back to the real deal DBC14 style (runs away)

Nothing wrong with more cameras. Is there multiple image filters like DBC17?

There's something visually pleasing about it (perhaps the zoom on the players/kits), but for gameplay it is absolutely awful

i played 3 balls on each. i hated the close one. just literally looked like going back 20 years. far one was meh.

and as you say gameplay was shite.

That camera might be good if you are recording an AI vs AI game or something but I agree, I can't imagine it being much fun to try and play with.

Playing devil's advocate here but the static "classic" camera does have its use while playing offline multi-player. Till now whenever I've my buddies over and play a cricket game, I go with AC09 coz it's easy to pick up and play and the camera angle is usable for both the users. In DBC 14 and 17 the only realistic camera to be used is 'Bowler Far' but it's not that good for batting at all.

Ideally Ashes Cricket would add the "split screen" feature in a future iteration so both the users (batsman & bowler) can use the default camera angles but till that time the static broadcast cameras are the best option for offline multi-player gameplay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
Those static cams look nice to me. Maybe you guys are too used to the other cameras by now... won't be a problem for me.

I'd be tempted to try the classic cams for spin bowling. We have sliders so can tweak them so the classic cam works as best as it can. I see it's drawcard, people like to play games like they are telecast. its like side cam in rugby games which under jonah lomu rugby and ea rugby was the best and since those classic games the side cam has become dead and arguably so has rugby gaming. For batting though I do appreciate the revolution from DBC14 close batting cam its the go to spot for me

Users who are viewing this thread