Tips For DBC 17 Batting

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've only had that once but I usually end up miss-timing the slower bouncer and caught at 1st slip

grkrama

National Board President
when playing cut shots your bat middle when the shot is played out has to be in the line of the ball if that makes sense, any thing cramping you or making you reach out will make you edge, if you dont adjust the foot work accordingly. Anything on 5-6-7 th stump are Cut friendly with a 6'o clock footwork.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In test matches: drive the blue and yellow deliveries, defend the green, hook with power the red ones outside leg and at the body, leave anything within half a bat length of the body at red circle and cut anything a bat length outside off on red circle.
That is "dbc 17 batting for dummys" prologue... surely!!! You will not see it put any better or simpler than that!

Never mind any of that in between stuff and scribble, if your doing what the above says, then your going to be alright... and then once your on top of that that's when your going to notice how well the "whole batting experience" has been pieced together!

First.Last

School Cricketer
That is "dbc 17 batting for dummys" prologue... surely!!! You will not see it put any better or simpler than that!

Never mind any of that in between stuff and scribble, if your doing what the above says, then your going to be alright... and then once your on top of that that's when your going to notice how well the "whole batting experience" has been pieced together!

OR you could notice how bad the batting experience is without these immersion breaking (imho) "aids", and wonder why the game seems to have been made only to function correctly when they are present... hmm...

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
...what?... ok yeah aids are probably not real good for ya..

grkrama

National Board President
OR you could notice how bad the batting experience is without these immersion breaking (imho) "aids", and wonder why the game seems to have been made only to function correctly when they are present... hmm...

not really you can entirely switch off aids and play even in procam close cam[cause they help you judge line better] at legend and hard diff without much problem.

If your issue is due to a bug on console or something its understandable that you have that experience, but to pass it on as a judgement for everyone and for the whole batting system isnt accurate in the least.There are lot of people enjoying the batting and scoring tons and doubles, with a chakravyuga wagon wheels wiht the same batting system, even people who had issues in console once they did a reset on logos enjoy the batting experience core.

apart from a few oddities the ore batting system is real good and very indepth.

Last edited:

villafan001

Club Captain
not really you can entirely switch off aids and play even in procam close cam[cause they help you judge line better] at legend and hard diff without much problem.

If your issue is due to a bug on console or something its understandable that you have that experience, but to pass it on as a judgement for everyone and for the whole batting system isnt accurate in the least.There are lot of people enjoying the batting and scoring tons and doubles, with a chakravyuga wagon wheels wiht the same batting system, even people who had issues in console once they did a reset on logos enjoy the batting experience core.

apart from a few oddities the ore batting system is real good and very indepth.

I'm getting an issue if I play in batsman close cam that the camera cuts away to the fielding camera against fast bowlers before the batsman has actually got through the shot - which is quite annoying. Has anyone previously experienced this and is there a solution? This was my preferred camera mode in 14 by far..

grkrama

National Board President
I'm getting an issue if I play in batsman close cam that the camera cuts away to the fielding camera against fast bowlers before the batsman has actually got through the shot - which is quite annoying. Has anyone previously experienced this and is there a solution? This was my preferred camera mode in 14 by far..

this happens when you late miss, are you using custom shot timing, anything above 65 will lead to this camera cut.

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer

This happens to me too, especially when I play shots late. I don't remember this happening prior to patch 3.

villafan001

Club Captain
this happens when you late miss, are you using custom shot timing, anything above 65 will lead to this camera cut.
Thanks, I'll try out turning this down. It only happens when facing very fast (90+ mph) bowling, presumably because the camera change is triggered when the ball gets to a certain point/ would go off screen.

Users who are viewing this thread