Tips For DBC 17 Batting

D

Deleted member 46200

I have now come to the assumption that I can't trust my team mates and need to win most games on my own as they waste a good number of balls.

As for the Mitchel Johnson affair, he is still in denial but pays maintenance, which is good. Guilty payments? Adam Voges still does craicing parties but I am more aware and cautious.[DOUBLEPOST=1488146532][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone else noticed the absurd amount of inside edges you get while batting in this game? It's literally my only mode of dismissal. Thoughts?
This is down to skill, timing as well as shot selection, in my own opinion.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone else noticed the absurd amount of inside edges you get while batting in this game? It's literally my only mode of dismissal. Thoughts?

Yup. I barely get a regular outside edge. Most of the edges are inside edges.

grkrama

National Board President
Inside edge mostly happens when your footwork takes you too close to the ball for cover drive and can be avoided by changing foot work to a bit more straighter one. The best way to have feedback on this is to use the instant replay.

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I understand that it requires skill, timing shot selection and foot work and I get that but this is also just a video game, not real life. It's really hard to enjoy this game when its so incredibly hard.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I understand that it requires skill, timing shot selection and foot work and I get that but this is also just a video game, not real life. It's really hard to enjoy this game when its so incredibly hard.

Which is for many the original concept of Don Bradman Cricket. It's what attracted many of us to the game in the first place.

The notion that we should be wrapped in cotton wool and be spoonfed our runs or wickets, just because it is a video game, is frankly silly. And would be a step backwards as far as cricket gaming is concerned.

There are bugs for sure, but when they are ironed out and the game is balanced a little, then the difficulty won't be so much of an issue. Personally I want the game to punish me if I make a mistake. It's what drives me to improve.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
That is "dbc 17 batting for dummys" prologue... surely!!! You will not see it put any better or simpler than that!

Never mind any of that in between stuff and scribble, if your doing what the above says, then your going to be alright... and then once your on top of that that's when your going to notice how well the "whole batting experience" has been pieced together!
lol I'm not really sure if this is an insult or not but it's what I would do in the longer formats. Almost every dismissal I had caught behind was driving a green delivery so they just became my standard defend or leave which helped create a realistic RR in tests. I was able to comfortably bat an entire day in a test match going at 3 an over.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
lol I'm not really sure if this is an insult or not but it's what I would do in the longer formats. Almost every dismissal I had caught behind was driving a green delivery so they just became my standard defend or leave which helped create a realistic RR in tests. I was able to comfortably bat an entire day in a test match going at 3 an over.

For sure. Those green deliveries are the most likely to swing, given my observations. Unless it is an obvious loose ball, I treat them with caution too.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
For sure. Those green deliveries are the most likely to swing, given my observations. Unless it is an obvious loose ball, I treat them with caution too.
I treated blue and yellow outside off as a loose delivery and smashed them through the covers. Bread and butter became the hook/pull

D

Deleted member 46200

Are you referring to me? Don't be shy do reply.

Err, obviously not real life as we would need to make provision for our mortgages and other stuff. Not sure when bug comes in over player skill but many have found the better they get the more selective shot selection they gain, just my opinion.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My dismissal to a pace bowler is just 30 % , Spin and medium bowlers 70%.

My advise of playing batting which I follow:

Common for all formats :
1. Always Take a leg stump guard , bat should be in b/w middle and off stump.
2. Early in your innings Play using only LS and RS and try to hit ideal.
3. Keep checking the confidence meter in between every 2 - 3 overs.
4.Try to not to use the RB2 & LB2 until your confidence is more than 25% except for straight drives.
5.Spin try not to play full over yourself , sweep or find gaps and get to non - striker en
More often you get out to a spin bowler if you play all 6 deliveres attempting a shot. (You defend more and play an over , rather I suggest to move to non striker.)
6.Sometimes Step out and play in covers or straight for spin and medium bowlers to increase your strike rate.
In particularly T20 wait for field to spread out and when you find that AI has kept Long On and Long Off usually they keep after 10-12 overs,Step out and play straight for sixes ,safe shot even though you mistime it.
7.Play in covers region for 2's , don't go always for 4's & 6's.

I stopped playing the shots to mid wicket region except for short balls , it seems to be bug. Mid wicket shorts the way like VVS Laxman, Azharuddin , Ponting plays is not getting played here in DBC17.

Hope these inputs helps...

Users who are viewing this thread