Tips to stay awake

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, I've just spent the night working on a paper due later today. I have class in around 2:30-3 hours. I don't want to go to sleep for that duration, because I usually wake up feeling worse at the end of those short naps. But, the last time I stayed awake without sleeping and then went to class, I could barely keep my eyes open and I couldn't speak to nor understand anyone in class. :p Luckily, I only had one class that day, so I came home and slept.

But, today, I think I'm dead. I have a comparatively long day, nearly 9 hours of classes and if I go in today like I did that day, I'm going to act like a ******. So, I need help. I don't think I can take a nap for the remaining two hours, but I still need to stay somewhat awake for those 9 hours. Is there anything I can eat/drink/do that will help me? Unfortunately, I can't drink coffee or soda, so I have no idea what I need to do. Will something like chocolate help?

Chocolate would probably work, but I find Jelly Tots, or a huge bag of Haribo Tangfastic, or Skittles works. Just eat them all at once, should get a nice sugar rush later.

So yeah, chocolate and sweets.

Tea might also help. But wtf? 9 hours of classes :eek: Uni isn't meant to be that hard. I am expecting myself to be doing an all-nighter tonight, so I know where your coming from :( I sometimes sleep in the afternoon when I know I am doing an all-nighter so I am rested up

Well, I compensate for the long days (tuesdays and thursdays) by having one or no class on MWFs. But, still, coming back to the present, I have an awful feeling that I'm just going to end up falling asleep when I shouldn't tomorrow. Normally, I wouldn't mind during lectures, but I have labs, so I need to do real work.

Maybe I should just get to a vending machine right before class and get some Pepsi or Coke.

You could try doing some excercise?
go for a run or something that always helps me stay awake

One of the best ways; Just keep thinking about something or the other, which keeps you interested and wonder you. If there isn't any, Feel ghos..ts..

You got what i mean.. That keeps you awake for a lot of time. Well, that might be silly but works fine and distracts your mind.

Comparatively, I hardly get around an average of 4.5 hours sleep and 3 hours for these 2 months, and some days, I remember, I NEVER slept in day/night, I Just fall down on the bed and imagination keeps the time to turn away. I've counted once with my stop watch, and it was unbearable to see that i was awake all 23 hours, believe me or not, but diabetes makes you struggle with the appetite. As diabetic children grow, the more the sensitiveness grows in the health, at least for me. I have got tremendous resistance power that makes me keep the effects of sugar to redeem for some extent. But as i am saying, The actual reason for me not getting sleep at all these days is because of the extensive change in the sugar levels, Sometimes low - which is pretty dangerous and makes the person hungry in seconds, and can even get the body parts swallowing, and if not awake, low sugar can silently put you into the sleep forever, and it nearly happened to me once, i described the incident somewhere in the "injections" thread i think.

So, when low, I wake up quickly to eat something, and the sleep fades away for that night and it usually happens around 1:30 - 3 AM morning, And when i eat so much to stabilize the trembling and serious hunger.. By morning the sugar goes high. This has been happening in the past 2 months, but it is quite understandable that I'm growing and the need grows for the insulin to keep me alive. I've been taking high doses for some time to keep sugar under control and it's become pretty rare to see sugar levels go below "140" before breakfast, and it merely happened 3-4 times this month.

So yeah, the morale of the paragraph is nothing related to this topic, but, if you try to get a nap at free times, You can stay awake For long or just watch TV.

What KBC said and this...

RelentlessDrink.jpg

Caffine is best and also try to leep in afternoon like Tom said.

Users who are viewing this thread