Top Five overrated Actors

I like Alec Baldwin but its easy to see how people can dislike him too.

Does anyone here, or in the world for that matter, like Keanu Reeves?

I liked him in Get Smart and he played his role in the 40 yo virgin well and the main thing was you could actually tell they were separate characters, some actors play the same way for all movies.

You did, hmmmm maybe I just don't like the guy. I mean I didn't like him in Evan Almighty either. Something just bugs me about him.

Alec Bladwin is not overrated at all. He's excellent in the American TV series 'Chuck'. I would infact say he's underrated if anything.

1. Jack Black
2. Jack Black
3. Jack Black
4. Jack Black
5. Jack Black

He isn't funny he isn't a good actor. He is just some random stupid dumb fat guy who some people think are really funny because he does absolutely nothing. Nacho Libre I went in 10 minutes later came right back out. Terrible actor no talent doesn't deserve to be on the big screen.

^ agreed

Lots of useless fat guys nowadays

Jack Black
Seth Rogan
The fat fearsome tweak from SuperBad
Rosie O Donnel

Leonardo DiCaprio

What?! Are you basing this off Titanic or something because almost everything else I've seen of his was near excellent. I'd recommend watching his earlier work like Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grapes.

Anyway, for the purposes of this thread:

Will Ferrell/Vince Vaughn/The Owens/etc

Basically all of these frat pack type guys. They may or may not be rated but they're successful despite being devoid of acting talent. Others include Orlando Bloom and Keanu Reeves.

Other names that keep showing up like Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Brad Pitt are not unwarranted but at least they have good performances to back them up.

You guys are just wrong. Steve Carrell and Tom Cruise overrated? No chance. Both exceptional actors. One is hilarious and one is just pure genius when it comes to acting.

I agree with Keanu Reeves and Nicholas Cage being overrated, though.

Agreed, I think Cruise is great these days, and I loved Steve Carrell in the 'Almighty' films.

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger rated?

He's a great action 'movie star' (come on, no Arnie = no Terminator!), but I also don't think he's half bad at comedy either. I'm probably going to get jumped on now, but I don't care!! :laugh

Clooney is an excellent actor.

True.

What?! Are you basing this off Titanic or something because almost everything else I've seen of his was near excellent. I'd recommend watching his earlier work like Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grapes.

Also, 'Catch me if you Can' - I loved him in that!

Agreed, I think Cruise is great these days, and I loved Steve Carrell in the 'Almighty' films.

The scene in 'Bruce Almighty' when Carrell is reading the news and Carrey sets his hair on fire is just genius. Those two are real comedy greats. Although they both do cheesy films they are still loveable and hilarious.

The scene in 'Bruce Almighty' when Carrell is reading the news and Carrey sets his hair on fire is just genius. Those two are real comedy greats. Although they both do cheesy films they are still loveable and hilarious.

Carrey is a much under rated actor - look at him in The Truman Show, if you want to see past his slapstick image. He is, of course, a comedy genius! I love that news scene from Bruce Almighty! Genius (as you said)!

Users who are viewing this thread