Tournment Ends

Itz really good performance by SL:D

hacker added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Specially Fielding:D

Horrible batting from India. Sudden collapses and we are out of the match. India's bad form in t20 continues.

It was more our crass fielding than the batting. Some of the catches we missed really made me laugh! We were pretty much out of the game when the put up 200+ on the board, thanks to those dropped chances.

I never had hopes in this match, and the final result vindicated my interest. India's T20 form is going right down the gutter. If Yuvraj fires, we might look better but Dhoni tries things just for the heck of it.

Very happy with Ishant's figures though. Though he didnt have a wicket, 5.5 runs per over in a T20 where the opposition scores 200+ is BRILLIANT!!! Keep that up, Ishy!

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

WTF is Rohit Sharma doing back in the team?!?!?

Rohit Sharma is a T20 regular, remember?:D

The Ideal T20 Indian Line up should be

Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvi
Dhoni
Yusuf
D.Kartik
H.Singh
Z.Khan
Sree
I.Sharma

That is the reason i have not included him in the lineup..He Sux a big time... He is a flop talent that was discovered

Rohit Sharma is wasting his talent. The guy has huge talent, but doesnt put it to proper use. He has been hailed by the likes of Ian Chappell, etc for his batting qualities. But he is a very very lazy chap who probably has got his head heavy with the fact that he is being hailed as India's future. I have lost all hopes in him, but I wont be disappointed if he can make a comeback. It would be a disgrace to his family if he does that (he hailed from a poor family when he started).

SaiSrini added 8 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

The Ideal T20 Indian Line up should be

Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvi
Dhoni
Yusuf
D.Kartik
H.Singh
Z.Khan
Sree
I.Sharma

I have never been a fan of Yusuf Pathan. IPL really gave him an undeserving hype. I know he bats at No. 7 and all but due to our failures in recent times, he has been getting enough chances to perform and help the side, but he has failed almost everytime with the bat. And his bowling is no great shakes. Get him out totally. His brother Irfan is a better option. This would be my ideal T20 squad

G Gambhir
V Sehwag
R Uthappa
Y Singh
MS Dhoni
S Raina
I Pathan
H Singh
Z Khan
P Ojha
S Sreesanth/I Sharma

Switch between Sree and Ishant, depending on form. Play Irfan instead of Yusuf. Irfan might bowl badly but he might also keep it to 8-9 runs per over, which is not so bad considering Yusuf or R. Jadeja goes for 11-12 runs per over. Uthappa would be a good one down in T20's

Gautam Gambhir
Virender Sehwag
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
Abhishek Nayar
Harbhajan Singh
Ishant Sharma
Ashish Nehra
Sudeep Tyagi

I reckon that's a good lineup.

@ Rohit: Why no Zak in your lineup? He is a good enough fielder and we all know his control over bowling even in T20. Nehra's fielding will put us to shame (even if he can bowl 140+). Kohli is so much of styles and less of substance.

Very poor performance there from India, our fielding was very poor and by the time Sri Lanka had reached a total of 200+ we were in trouble. Our batting was also very poor though Gambhir and Viru got us off to a good start, our middle order batsman failed to get going.

Yuvraj was showing off a lot there with his looks. That new 'coolers' without wearing his cap, it clearly seemed as if he had his eye on a section of the audience (the women!).

We have the strongest batting line up in the world and we still fail in T-20s all the time. wow! great job! Why are Yusuf Pathan and Rohit Sharma still in squad? We have seen how good they are and consistent they are looking at their last couple of matches where their batting average hardly averages 10. Yusuf rarely performs good if India is going for a high total which means everyone played good but him playing good in that situation is rare then forget about him saving the match for us. The situations where we need a batter the most, he gets a duck. I haven't seen him cross 15 runs in last 10 matches i think.

My perfect Ideal 11 man T-20 squad for India is:

Gauti
Viru
Yuvi
Raina
Dhoni
Irfan
Robin Uthappa (did pretty good in previous IPL matches as well in Champs League)/Manish Pandey (give him a chance)
Harbhajan Singh
Ishant Sharma
Praveen Kumar
Zaheer Khan

Dhoni hasn't done anything in T-20s either accept his captaincy. If he wasn't the captain, he should replaced with D. Karthik and Gauti can captain the side.

6 Batsmen, 1 all-rounder, and 4 bowlers and Irfan can bowl too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread