Tournment Ends

I think the BCCI took all the 'flat pitches' criticism a little too seriously.:laugh Here they have prepared a brute of a pitch thats unplayable.

Why cant they find a balance between two extremes of the pitches?

This reminds me of that game at Sabina Park in 1998 I think, pitch was supposedly unplayable. Obviously Ambrose and Walsh would have being more dangerous than Nehra and co.

Cricinfo said Sanga was pissed...

MacLovin added 17 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

1.10 Interesting bit of information our bulletin writer has just dug up. Per the ICC's Code of Conduct, after the first occasion of a venue producing a pitch unfit for play the immediate punishment is, and I quote: "A suspension of the venue's international status for a period of between 12 and 24 months together with a directive for appropriate remedial action and the need for prior ICC re-accreditation as an international venue." Now that leaves the Kotla's holding any matches in the 2011 World Cup in the balance.

-cricinfo

There you go, Kotla hardly gets a game and this happens.

There you go, Kotla hardly gets a game and this happens.

Are you serious? Kotla has been getting games quite regularly, more games than Chennai, Mumbai orm Kolkata, the other major centers. And even you would agree that this is one of the worst looking venues in the country. We have lot of world class facilities and the Kotla looks pathetic compared to them.

Delhi hosted a test against Australia last year, an ODI against Australia last month and this game in the immediate next series. Same with Mohali which hosted 2 tests last year, an Australia ODI last month and a SL T20. Exactly the same case with Nagpur as well.

I hope venues like Mumbai`s DY Patil stadium or Hyderabad`s Uppal stadium which are fantastic facilities get more games. Absolutely frustrating, to be honest. I was at the DY Patil stadium last month when the game got rained off and that is a great venue with superb viewer comfort.

Why did they let play go on for 20 overs or so? The conditions were much too dangerous for batsmen and in the first few balls of the match the bounce was varied from head to toe!

Good now this ground will not be hosting any matches for long time. Finally something good out of this crap tour of SL.

I cant belive they didnt even see how the pitch plays before the odi. Should have had some first class matches or something. You cant just put down a pitch and expect what you expect.

Its DDCA. Its even worst than BCCI.

Now you know how bad DDCA is.

Are you serious? Kotla has been getting games quite regularly, more games than Chennai, Mumbai orm Kolkata, the other major centers. And even you would agree that this is one of the worst looking venues in the country. We have lot of world class facilities and the Kotla looks pathetic compared to them.

Delhi hosted a test against Australia last year, an ODI against Australia last month and this game in the immediate next series. Same with Mohali which hosted 2 tests last year, an Australia ODI last month and a SL T20. Exactly the same case with Nagpur as well.

I hope venues like Mumbai`s DY Patil stadium or Hyderabad`s Uppal stadium which are fantastic facilities get more games. Absolutely frustrating, to be honest. I was at the DY Patil stadium last month when the game got rained off and that is a great venue with superb viewer comfort.

1 international game in a year? Let alone this match, and the IPL, CT20 domestic leagues happening.

The curators and the ground committe is now dissolved. Ended up like a funeral. Sunny feared something critical about the pitch in the report, and the fears came true.

End. Bye Kotla.

I cant belive they didnt even see how the pitch plays before the odi. Should have had some first class matches or something. You cant just put down a pitch and expect what you expect.
It's pretty common for a pitch to be saved for an international match. However, you could also say they haven't produced an international standard pitch since the square was relaid.

1 international game in a year? Let alone this match, and the IPL, CT20 domestic leagues happening.

The curators and the ground committe is now dissolved. Ended up like a funeral. Sunny feared something critical about the pitch in the report, and the fears came true.

End. Bye Kotla.

Delhi has been getting more than one international game KBC. They`ve had 2 in two months now and a Border Gavaskar test last November. Most regular Indian test venues have`nt got as many matches as the Kotla, Nagpur or Mohali.

Good thing from this fiasco is that the pitches committee which was absolutely useless in taking care of the pitch preparation in India has been dissolved. A new committee is going to come, and lets all hope that the new committee can prepare better pitches in India that give something for everyone. Get the Nagpur and Hyderabad curators (best pitches in the country) and have them head the new pitches committee and induct new guys into the team.

According to me, Delhi should not host World Cup matches. Their World Cup games should be shifted/shared among other Indian venues. Ban Delhi for sometime now. They also got to make a new ground. The Ferozshah Kotla looks absolutely pathetic, as aditya said. When grounds around the world (why many ones even in India) are made to look so good with world class facilities, this one is a disgrace to the country.

Users who are viewing this thread