West Indies in India 2014/15

PokerAce

Banned
Sort of :p

twH4oZR.jpg

Uncanny :D

Can't decide if its the eyes, or the jaw. :)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Akshar Patel has been brilliant .. especially since there is heavy dew on the field

PokerAce

Banned
Whats the stat for most sixes hit off a bowler in a mtch. Jadeja should be closing in on the record about now.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Haha, I suspect BCCI has been in their ear all day.

Possible. But it makes things even more embarrassing for WICB

Sanjay Patel said that he got an email from WIndies Team Manager that they are pulling out of the tour. And then WICB says that they are not aware and its all media speculation. Either they are lying through their teeth, or they were clueless on what the Team and the Team Manager had decided - which points to some embarrassing miscommunication issues[DOUBLEPOST=1413562496][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I just spotted Dhoni putting the fallen bail into his mouth for a fraction of a second :spy

PokerAce

Banned
I think the WICB release may not mean much and the tour is not going to go ahead. The WICB release is probably some kind of a PR stunt, saying that they want the tour to go ahead and have no issues, and thus putting the blame on the players alone for the abandonment, as they are ones responsible for it and not WICB. Either way a dangerous precedent being set here.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Samuels comes across as a very eccentric batsman - he is either tonking sixes and fours, or batting like a clueless tailender

Closing in on another century here in the mean time

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yeh I noticed the same thing. Samuels played brilliantly in the first game, was very scratchy in the second game and again didn't look too comfortable out there today but still managed a 100. So that's it for the series.

Just wanted to say that Bhuvi was very good at death and he should definitely be tried in the next few games. Umesh Yadav also bowled some good yorkers at the end. Akshar Patel was brilliant with ball even with so much dew around.

lion100lion

International Coach
Sanjay Patel said that he got an email from WIndies Team Manager that they are pulling out of the tour. And then WICB says that they are not aware and its all media speculation. Either they are lying through their teeth, or they were clueless on what the Team and the Team Manager had decided - which points to some embarrassing miscommunication issues

Now this is some rubbish from WICB. I had hoped this stupid series to end. Can't wait for the Sri lankan series !!.
Why are you spoiling the fun WICB ?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WICB president Change, Manager Change, Coach Gone, Captain Change Within 1 Year Span . YET we are not going any where. Disgraceful From Everyone. I am Very Disappointed Totally.

lion100lion

International Coach
So cricbuzz says that the series has ended...
"Alan Wilkins mentioned that India have won the series. So, that I am afraid is the end of it all and India win the series by a margin of 2-1."

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In all this silly and disgraceful happenings, something good has come out of it for India - replacing an unnecessary test series with a 5-match ODI series (in a World Cup year). Even though its our very old friend Sri Lanka, getting in ODI match practice ahead of the World Cup which is just a few months away, is a very good idea. This gives all the more time for our players to get their engines well oiled and rolling.

Kohli hitting form is great news for India. Hope he has really turned around the corner just in time for Australia and the WC. A firing Virat Kohli will massively boost India's chances in the WC.

This embarassment could seriously dent the relationship between BCCI and West Indies cricket.

lion100lion

International Coach
12477.jpg

MEDIA RELEASE

The BCCI would like to clarify that despite all its efforts, the Micromax Cup India vs West Indies ODI series has been curtailed because of the ongoing issue between WICB and its players, and the withdrawal of the WI team from the ongoing tour of India.

The timeline of the WICB's withdrawal is mentioned below:

7 October 2014:

Mr. Dave Cameron sent a copy of a letter addressed to Mr. Wavell Hinds, which stated that the failure of the West Indies players to take the field will leave the WICB with -

'no alternative but to cancel the match and notify the BCCI accordingly and recall the team.'

8 October 2014:

Around 3:00 am India time, Mr. Dave Cameron sent a mail to the BCCI stating he is withdrawing the team from the tour. Mr. Sanjay Patel rushed to Kochi and spoke to the WI players and managed to get on with the match.

12 October 2014:

Mr. Patel met Mr. Cameron in Dubai and asked him for a confirmation that the rest of the tour will go on. Mr. Cameron assured that by close of business on Wednesday 15 October, he will confirm one way or the other.

AM of 16 October 2014:

There was no response from Mr. Cameron.

PM of 16 October 2014:

Mr. Patel sent a reminder mail to Mr. Cameron, seeking an urgent response.

17 October 2014 – 3:00 am:
Mr. Cameron sent a response stating that -

'WICB are not able to provide any assurances or guarantees'

and that WICB will communicate their position by end of the day on 17 October.

17 October 2014 – 10:00 am

Mr. Richard Pybus of the WICB sent a mail to the BCCI stating -

'WICB’s position is that if the players refuse to play then the players must return home and the rest of the ODI and Test tour is called off. This has been discussed with the WICB President and CEO and they are fully aware of developments here.'

17 October – 2:00 pm

Mr. Richie Richardson sent a mail to the BCCI stating the following:

'Despite agreeing to play the 4th ODI in Dharamshala, regrettably, the current West Indies players have decided that they will not participate any further in this tour and wish to return home after this match. In light of this, I suggest that the entire squad travel to Delhi tomorrow and be booked into a hotel there, until international return flights have been booked. On behalf of the entire squad and WICB, I apologise for the inconvenience caused.'

This makes it clear that all along, the WICB was withdrawing its team if a resolution was not reached in the issue with their players.

Sanjay Patel
Hony. Secretary
BCCI

Users who are viewing this thread