West Indies in India 2014/15

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Mishra rotated ... Patel starts.

This is absolute madness. Kuldeep Yadav was already in the squad so he should have got his chance before Patel.

Also it is disappointing to see WI leave after this ODI. Especially because this was our only home series this year and we won't be having any test matches before Australia tour. I don't mind Sri Lanka coming over because we last played them in a bilateral series in 2009. I would have loved to see 3 ODI's and a couple of tests.

PokerAce

Banned
I know it's disappointing that the WI have chosen to leave but IMO a India/Sri Lanka test series would be so much more exciting.

Edit: Looks like Sri Lanka has agreed to play 5 ODI's instead.

No the point about competitiveness of an Ind-SL over Ind-WI series is a valid one. However its just that Ind-SL have played so much cricket off late that the prospect o yet another series borders more on the tedious than on the exciting.

If its One Days it makes sense in light of the WC coming up and SL being one of favs. Good practice for India. It would have been great if even 2 tests could have been fit into the series.[DOUBLEPOST=1413550885][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is absolute madness. Kuldeep Yadav was already in the squad so he should have got his chance before Patel.

Also it is disappointing to see WI leave after this ODI. Especially because this was our only home series this year and we won't be having any test matches before Australia tour. I don't mind Sri Lanka coming over because we last played them in a bilateral series in 2009. I would have loved to see 3 ODI's and a couple of tests.

The thing with SL, is we have played soooooooooooooooooo many ODIs against them recently its just boring to have yet another ODI series against them. Though with the WC coming up, ODIs make sense. However it would have been great if tests would also have been on the schedul.e here.

lion100lion

International Coach
No the point about competitiveness of an Ind-SL over Ind-WI series is a valid one. However its just that Ind-SL have played so much cricket off late that the prospect o yet another series borders more on the tedious than on the exciting.
When was the last bilateral series ?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ideally I would prefer no series to fill in the gap. But if there has to be one, I don't mind SLanka

Its been a while since we played them in a bilateral[DOUBLEPOST=1413553800][/DOUBLEPOST]

Of the top of my head - I believe it was 2 years ago in 2012. And last time we hosted them is almost 4-5 years back. In between I think we have played them in CB Series in Australia.

PokerAce

Banned

In 2012 in SL, and that is where the overkill topped. Ind-SL played 10 ODIs that year I think.

Also in between 2009 and 2012 Ind-SL played 33 ODIs against each other. Thats 8 ODIs a year over 4 years. Only one of those matches was of any consequence - WC Final. Rest all meaningless matches here and there.

After 2012 no one wanted any more Ind - SL matches.

Although I guess there has been a bit of a lull in between. This year we have played just one match against them.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I really hope Bhuvi gets rested for SL series. Shami and Yadav don't need to play all 5 games either, since they will be heading to Australia soon after

Can give a chance to Ishtan, Mohit, Rishi Dhawan etc.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Well this is rubbish.

West Indies in India 2014-15 : West Indies to pull out of India tour | Cricket News | India v West Indies | ESPN Cricinfo

At the very least they should have made up their minds before coming here. Whats the point of playing 4 ODIs and then saying we are not getting paid enough. Either don't come, and if you have come finish the series. Pulling out mid-way is rubbish.

If WI keep doing this they will soon find it hard to get any invites. No side wants their home season disrupted like this. Sadly for WI the pay saga has gone on too long now. Its starting to sound like a broken record now.

The Worst aspect of it all is they have left us, in all likelihood, with (yet) another Ind-SL in the offing.

I absolutely agree this while the west indies players are very unhappy about there payments u don't pull out halfway through a tour its very unfair on the fans broadcasters etc . I love watching both teams play its sad. I think that during the new future tours program 2015-2023 India wont bother touring the west indies which is a shame but completely understandable and that will cause the west indies cricket board to suffer. By the way I know that this question is not part of this forum ill ask I know that all teams must agree by the end of this month for the FTP 2015-2023 does any one know when the final draft will made available to the public via the internet.

PokerAce

Banned
All said and done 5 more matches means more players to be tried out. Those who are sure to be on the plane to WC, needn't feature.

Among Batsmen -

Dhawan
Rohit
Virat
Rahane
Raina
MSD

Bowlers -

Bhuvi
Shami
Ashwin
Jadeja

That is not to say they shouldn't get a game even, but for the most part, they should be rotated. The key area where India need options is fast bowling. I am not so sure that Umesh, Mohit and Ishant are nailed for the final squad. Axar, Mishra and Yadav need to be tried out too. Mishra especially can really prove his credentials against SL, they are a side that play spin well. Rayudu too seems to be on his way to the WC, but not nailed down. These are the guys I think, that should be given more matches.

Those who need to play -

Batsmen

Rohit (He is nailed on, but needs matches after his injury)
Rayudu
Unmukt Chand
KL Rahul
Jiwanjot Singh
Yuvraj Singh (He deserves one last shot)
Manoj Tiwary
Manish Pandey

WK

Naman Ojha
Samson

Bowlers

Mishra
Axar
Kuldeep Yadav
Mohit
Umesh
Mohit
Varun Aaron

(There is the squad for the SL ODIs :p)

Last edited:

lion100lion

International Coach
Those who need to play -

Batsmen

Rohit (He is nailed on, but needs matches after his injury)
Rayudu
Unmukt Chand
KL Rahul
Jiwanjot Singh
Yuvraj Singh (He deserves one last shot)
Manoj Tiwary
Manish Pandey

WK

Naman Ojha
Samson

Bowlers

Mishra
Axar
Kuldeep Yadav
Mohit
Umesh
Mohit
Varun Aaron

We should consider this squad for the World Cup :p

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
From Cricinfo

WICB release: "The West Indies Cricket Board advises, that, contrary to media reports, it has taken no decision to discontinue the ongoing tour to India. The WICB will make a further statement following the conclusion of the Fourth One Day International which is in progress."

WTF ?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Very strange. Maybe they (WICB) struck a deal with the players during the innings break?? I suppose we'll find out soon enough...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Doesn't Axar Patel look a little bit like Mesut Ozil?

Anyone notice?
Sort of :p

twH4oZR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread