Tournment Ends

Don't tell me we have another dead wicket.

Nah. Noone would be telling that even if it is actually dead now that India are bowling. The wicket is only dead when India score runs.

How is the wicket actually?

For as much as I saw in the first session, the wicket was having good carry and bounce. Its just that its so good to bat for the first day (or two). I am guessing that the pitch will give good bite and turn for the spinners from Day 3. So if SL put up a total of 500 and above, India can kiss their chance to become No. 1 goodbye and start battling to save the test and win the series. We need to get them all out for 400 or less.

I think the last session will be interesting because there has been talk of the breeze picking up in the evening which can help the seamers (the stadium is close to the sea).

Edit: The way Ojha turned a few balls onto Jayawardena, Murali might be having a huge huge smile on his face. Turn and bounce on Day 1 itself!! India, please get them all out for 350 odd (or even less). Facing Murali (and also Herath) will be a big task on Day 4 & 5.

Last edited:
Looks like we got a lucky break there with Sanga`s wicket. Its time to get a couple of wickets now and get back into it in a big way. Sri Lanka have`nt totally run away with this so far considering the fact that Dilshan is still batting.

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Time to bring in one of the seamers from one end and check if its starting to reverse a bit now.

A really poor performance by sangakara... maybe he should be the WK for SL team now chucking out prasanna and take his place in the batting order thereby allowing an extra batsman!

This is something about Dhoni`s captaincy which irritates me. Why toss the ball to Yuvraj at a time when you should be looking to attack and get a couple of wickets which is the only way we can stay in the game. If he is looking at giving the frontline bowlers a brea, Sehwag would be the better option anyday. If we let these two settle, we will be facing a huge 500+ target and Mumbai is not a place where the pitch will slow down as the game progresses.

I have a feeling that we are going to be mesmerised by the Murali magic and might give SL their first test win in India...

Well he better perform this time atleast or he will be thrown out of team very soon

This should be a tailor made pitch for him. If he doesnt perform here, I dont know where else he would. Indian batsmen are good against spin, not great. SL bat better against spin than us, probably.

A very timely breakthrough for us here. Sree did well to tie them down for sometime and has got his man. India have kept themselves in it by getting these breakthroughs each time a partnership has threatened but Sri Lanka have done well not to concede too much ground by not losing back to back wickets. Nice cat and mouse cricket. If Sri Lanka lose a couple of wickets quickly now, India would be right back in it. If Sri Lanka end the day without losing too many, they`d be poised for a win here.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

SL are throwing this away now.... middle order collapse!:brickwall

What collapse? They`ve just lost 3 wickets although with Dilshan, like in case of Sehwag you know that you might have an oppurtunity coming your way any moment.

EDIT: Just checked cricinfo to note wicket No.4! Wohoo!:banana2 Game very evenly poised now. India would be relieved that they have picked up the 3 most steady batsmen in the Lankan lineup. If they can get Dilshan now, it would be an excellent session for India. 350 would set this game up nicely but I expect the Prasanna Jayawardena to put up a brave fight. Nice test in progress.
India need Zak to step up and get a wicket or two here. A good spell of reverse swing from Zak could put us right on top.

Last edited:
Dilshan should counter attack now, if he tries playing defending game then SL are outta this game.

braguvaran added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

And sreesanth bowls a beamer.:brickwall

A good session in the end for India. 3 wickets off the session is very good returns. But we need to restrict them to 350 or below. If we can get this much help from the wicket on Day 1, imagine how it might be on Day 4 or 5. I really fear Murali and Herath's presence.

GET DILSHAN OUT!!! He has been irritating us...

A good session in the end for India. 3 wickets off the session is very good returns. But we need to restrict them to 350 or below. If we can get this much help from the wicket on Day 1, imagine how it might be on Day 4 or 5. I really fear Murali and Herath's presence.

GET DILSHAN OUT!!! He has been irritating us...

That is why we should ideally finish off most of the Sri Lankan innings today itself and at least get 3 more wickets in the last session. Either way it is superbly poised. We should start of with Sree/Zak from one end and one of the spinners from the other. From what I read on cricinfo there are signs of reverse swing for both the seamers.

Jayawardena, Sanga, Samaraveera the Fab three from SL = FAIL (atleast today!)

Users who are viewing this thread