Tournment Ends

Pitch will help spinners (in real sense) from day 3...(normally it happens here in mumbai)

[/IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Brabourne.jpg/800px-Brabourne.jpg[/IMG]

It sure reminds me of Lords, minus the pavillion, the slope and the ugly media center. Can`t wait for test cricket to be back to the Grand old lady of Mumbai. Looks so much more royal than the Wankhede (which looked pretty ugly tbh). Hopefully the new Wankhede stadium being redone for the World Cup will be worthy of the city of Bombay.

Is that a latest picture? Some of the pitches on that ground looks so ugly. The surroundings though look superb and fitting for a city like Mumbai.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Pitch will help spinners (in real sense) from day 3...(normally it happens here in mumbai)

I wont be surprised if Bradbourne turns out to be a haven for spinners.

It wont be bad too if India promotes Dravid to open and draft in Badrinath into the middle order. Since these are subcontinent pitches, Dravid should manage the opener's role (he is the ideal makeshift opener on any pitch) and it would be a nice opportunity for Badri to get his deserved chance in test cricket. But I would be surprised if Dhoni does it. They dont need more bowlers. They need a batsman replacement (either Badri or Vijay).

I'm almost certain Vijay will get the cap. It really doesn't make sense to shuffle your batting order around to allow a bench player to get a spot when the alternative is to keep your batting order mostly intact and play a guy who has a Test cap already (and is a good close-in fielder to boot).

Vijay is the replacement.Seems he and Zaheer were the only guys opting for practice yesterday and seems they had an extended session with Kirsten.

Vijay is the replacement.Seems he and Zaheer were the only guys opting for practice yesterday and seems they had an extended session with Kirsten.

Lets hope for the best...good to know that they had good practice session...

Is that a latest picture? Some of the pitches on that ground looks so ugly. The surroundings though look superb and fitting for a city like Mumbai.

Pretty sure this is an old picture.

Yeah, well said....:clap

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

I dont believe Sachin would tell that kind of a thing to a player who has played with him in the same team before. He might have said that before Sreesanth ever played for India (even then, I dont believe Sachin is the sort of guy to say such things).

Whats that censored word? If the guy does well, whats wrong? Why abuse him even then?

Sachin said that to Sreesanth in a Champions Trophy match when Sreesanth got in Sachin's face and started sledging Tendulkar.

Censored word means idiot. Doing well and winning isn't everything in Cricket. I would not want to win or play in a team which tolerates personality disorders.

If India loses the upcoming match, I think Gambhir will be the scapegoat. He is letting a Test match go for his sister's wedding.

Watch then the audience's telephone reactions in one of many Indian cricket shows. :cheers

Sachin said that to Sreesanth in a Champions Trophy match when Sreesanth got in Sachin's face and started sledging Tendulkar.

Censored word means idiot. Doing well and winning isn't everything in Cricket. I would not want to win or play in a team which tolerates personality disorders.

Challenger Trophy, not Champions Trophy.

If India loses the upcoming match, I think Gambhir will be the scapegoat. He is letting a Test match go for his sister's wedding.

Watch then the audience's telephone reactions in one of many Indian cricket shows. :cheers

Even now people are discussing about it

When you are doing well, you got to cut the slack. And going from Sreesanth's reactions in the second test where he made that comeback, he seems to have put things behind him and looks to be turning the corner. There have been people in other countries who have done worser than him and have enjoyed a long career in international cricket.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

It would be nonsense. It would show how much illiterate and irresponsible fans can be when judging Indian cricket. Although Gambhir's form has been great, we still have the trioka of Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman (not to mention Yuvraj, Dhoni and Sehwag). These guys put together are equivalent to atleast 4 Gambhir's. Vijay has already made his debut in tests and is a run machine these days in domestic cricket. If we lose, its because of our performance, not Gambhir.

Please if we lose blame the playing XI not the one who is near his family spending precious moments

IndiaTV= :facepalm

kulasekara looks like he'll play.

given he was very good against pakistan and new zealand sangakkara is going to look like a prat if he takes a hatful.

though in Ahmedabad (henceforth known as Ahem-dat-was-bad) he couldn't really be faulted on the two picked, prasad looks a find as does weledegra, just perhaps 3 proper seamers would have been better.

Users who are viewing this thread