Toyota F1 [F1 Challenge 2007]: Gulf Air Bahrain GP - Raikkonen on pole

Predict my F1 future

• Horrible season. Will get replaced by someone else during it.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not so horrible season but will get replaced by someone else next year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season good enough to hold a place in the team for next year

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Good season leading to an improved contract offer from Toyota next year

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Good season and will get signed up by a bigger team next year

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Toyota announce driver lineup for 2007 season
Toyota F1 Racing today named their drivers for the upcoming 2007 FIA Formula 1 championship season. Italian Jarno Trulli will be partnered by rookie Indian driver Siddharth Kanjilal . Franck Montagny will be the team's third driver.

Kanjilal replaces German veteran driver Ralf Schumacher who had been with the team for the past two seasons. However due to Schumacher's high wage demands his contract was cancelled.

All three drivers will be present at the official unveiling of the new TF107 car which will be used during the 2007 championship season.

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
TF107 unveiled

12 January 2007

330114-1670489-458-238.jpg

Toyota's new TF107 will hope to overcome a disappointing 2006 season

Toyota became the first team to unveil their new car on Friday as the wraps came off the TF107 at their German base in Cologne. With it, the Japanese car manufacturer is aiming to capture its maiden Formula One win, having joined the sport back in 2002.

?Our fundamental challenge this year is to get the first victory,? said team principal Tsutomu Tomita. ?We announced that a year ago, but we failed to succeed in 2006. And therefore we want to repeat that challenge in 2007.

?I know all the other teams are working very hard, particularly the top three. We have five years experience in F1, but still we are young in comparison with the top teams, therefore we have to be modest about it. But we would like to challenge them.?

The TF107 has been designed by the engineering teams led by Luca Marmorini, Toyota?s senior general manager (engine) and his chassis counterpart, Pascal Vasselon. It will be driven by the experienced Jarno Trulli and new boy Siddharth Kanjilal, who are joined by test driver Franck Montagny.

"Its a dream come true for me to have got a drive in the F1 season. It is the pinnacle of motorsport and all of us here at Toyota are determined to do well this year. We have a good technical team who haved worked really hard on this new car and I am confident that we will produce the results we desire," said 22 year old Siddharth Kanjilal who was selected to partner Jarno Trulli after impressing in Toyota's Racing programme for young and upcoming drivers.

There is very little carryover from the car?s TF106B predecessor in terms of parts and the TF107 features a number of new, key features, including a higher front end and innovative suspension concepts, as well as numerous, more subtle changes.

?It?s pretty extensively changed in terms of basic lay-out,? said team President John Howett. ?When we went from the V10 to V8 the back of the engine effectively stayed in the same place, and the chassis and fuel tank filled the space where the front two cylinders of the V10 were. Now we?ve moved to engine forward, and yet worked really hard to still have a big tank. The gearbox is longer, and we will run a seamless shift for the first time.

?Aerodynamics is the big focus, and a lot of the chassis layout has been designed to give better aero opportunity. The whole monocoque concept has been modified in terms of height and how it sits. Before it was quite a low car, now it?s higher. We have improved the suspension, and we have some interesting developments in the pipeline that we hope will give us performance.?

330116-1670526-151-113.jpg

Toyota are looking to recover from a disappointing 2006 campaign, which saw them drop to sixth in the overall standings, having finished fourth the previous year. However, as the only one of the 11 Formula One teams to go into the new season with the same engine, and the same tyre partner, they are hoping this high degree of continuity will enable them to be immediately competitive at March?s season opener in Australia.

?We have addressed reliability this year,? Howett added. ?And we have resolved issues like the launch system, which we fixed at the end of last season, and which cost us dearly. We?re improving the car, flat out, all the time. So I think we have the potential to win this year, and I?m disappointed that we didn?t deliver it in 2006.?

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Testing dates

20 January 2007

Panasonic Toyota Racing will be giving its new car, the TF107, a full testing debut at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia between the Jan 30 - Feb 1,2007. Jarno Trulli, Siddharth Kanjilal and Franck Montagny will all get their first taste of the new car during this period.

Toyota have conducted initial tests in Germany and Japan with other test drivers.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Another racing story! good luck even if toyota is not my favourite car :p

gamerkid22

National Board President
Siddharth Kanjilal the new driver for Toyota . All the best Sid hope you will lead in the drivers championship and ur team will be at the topmost position in the constructors championship:cheers

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Valencia Testing

31 January 2007

New Toyota driver Siddharth Kanjilal got his first taste of the TF107 car today at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia.

And the rookie Indian driver recorded the fastest lap time of 1:13.369, almost a second quicker than the fastest time set yesterday (1:14.242) by team-mate Jarno Trulli.

?We had a few minor issues today but in general it was a positive day. The car felt good and in the afternoon I had the chance to work on set-up which seemed to go quite well. I am still optimistic about this car?s potential but it is too early to say where we stand compared with the others. It was nice to set the fastest time of the day but we will be constantly looking to improve,? said the 22-year old Kanjilal.

Scuderia Toro Rosso were also testing their new car today at the same venue however neither Vitantonio Liuzzi nor Scott Speed were able to match the times set by Siddharth Kanjilal.

Tomorrow is the final day of testing for Toyota and Jarno Trulli will be joined by test driver Franck Montagny for the same.

Fastest Lap Times:
Siddharth Kanjilal (Toyota F1) 1:13.369 (Laps - 44)
Scott Speed (Scuderia Toro Rosso) 1:17.700 (Laps - 29)
Vitantonio Liuzzi (Scuderia Toro Rosso) 1:18.411 (Laps - 32)

Yesterday:
Jarno Trulli (Toyota F1) 1:14.242 (Laps - 50)

Attachments

• valecia_testing_jan31.jpg
    valecia_testing_jan31.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 166

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Gud luck to this story :cheers Getting a chance in Toyota as a replacement for Ralf is what a big suprise according to me.. Karthikeyan will be biting his nails now :p

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Narain must be a bit slow than sid. Narain might fit into the honda team. Good luck with the story . Good start soo far. Any chance of getting a kiss from a pit babe on winning Sid?:p

mannu

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
please can you tell me which mod you are using??

Users who are viewing this thread