Transfer Thread

Adarsh said:
I am not sure. If you wanted a class batsman, there are much better batsmen out there who could be bought with that money. He could make a decent allrounder though, but it'll take a while before he can set the stage on fire with his batting.

I did kind of want a decent batsman (he was only my second choice, other guy was a competent with respectable stamina and conc) but bowling is an added bonus. You must take into account that I am in V and have only been playing a few months, so my team needs a decent batsman. Also, he is only 17 so I will train him, hopefully with some decent results.

thats on Ok allrounder for a weak team but if he pops up he could become a very good players since he is only 17

hassan1823 said:
thats on Ok allrounder for a weak team but if he pops up he could become a very good players since he is only 17

If he really pops fast enough (maybe 3,4 levels) in a couple of years, which is likely with two batting and bowling nets, then he could be in with a chance of thinking about U19... shame about his consistency though. Hopefully that will improve.

If, as you say, he pops up 4 levels in 2 seasons (that's about a pop every 6 weeks, unlikely), then he'll be strong. Sorry to dishearten you but that's nowhere near U19 requirements. A guy in my league is quality batting and great secondaries and he wasn't even close to making it. He was 18 years old.

Adarsh said:
If, as you say, he pops up 4 levels in 2 seasons (that's about a pop every 6 weeks, unlikely), then he'll be strong. Sorry to dishearten you but that's nowhere near U19 requirements. A guy in my league is quality batting and great secondaries and he wasn't even close to making it. He was 18 years old.

Ach... I was only thinking, because of this player someone put up on the sledging boards that had worse stats or something than my player, and spitfire said something about him palying for U19s, I can't remember, lost the damn thread!
Nevermind, it would be a bit hopeful...Just out of interest, what are the usual pop times for 17 yo primaries?

1 net = 11 weeks
2 nets = 7 weeks
3 nets = 5 weeks
4 nets = 4 weeks
Add +1 week for each year older.

Thats pretty much it. Stamina is 6 weeks for all, and cons are kinda reverse I feel (30 year old = 11 weeks per net, add one for each age younger)

ZoraxDoom said:
1 net = 11 weeks
2 nets = 7 weeks
3 nets = 5 weeks
4 nets = 4 weeks
Add +1 week for each year older.

Thats pretty much it. Stamina is 6 weeks for all, and cons are kinda reverse I feel (30 year old = 11 weeks per net, add one for each age younger)

Thanks Zorax! 3 nets would be pretty good then. Theoretically, if he is at mediocre now, in 50 weeks, pretty much a year he will be "sensational". Bowling would go to exquisite. That would be starting to approach U19 level, yes?
Then, a year after that he could be getting on to elite.

but face it, the above is fairly unlikely. It would assume i would be able to give him 3 nets a week at least (if not 6 for an allrounder). Also, I might kill him with all that training :) - not meant literally.
Any advice? or should we continue this discussion some other thread?

EDIT: Someone handily bumped the thread I was looking for.
Just bought this bloke
Just realised tho, hes an SA player so requirements may not be as high. Also he is probably a bit better anyway (apart from in secondaries).

Last edited:
Players age per season, not per year :). Each season = 16 weeks. So therefore he will age 3 times in one human year :) So he would be 23 when he hits elite if he pops at the rate of a 17 YO his whole life. But that won't happen, so he would hit 27-28 before reaching Elite. But by then, you would either:
A) Have sold him
B) Quit the game (I mean, 11 seasons is a lot)
C) Have fired him (Unlikely)
D) Have realise training him to Elite is futile because you would have him for about 3 more seasons, as his stamina would deteriorate so much he would be practically useless.

Lets not forget, there are chances that the game might have shut down by then, your computer has been burned, you have been crippled, are serving a life sentence in jail, have converted to Bhuddism and gone to live in Tibet, etc.

:)

ZoraxDoom said:
Players age per season, not per year :). Each season = 16 weeks. So therefore he will age 3 times in one human year :) So he would be 23 when he hits elite if he pops at the rate of a 17 YO his whole life. But that won't happen, so he would hit 27-28 before reaching Elite. But by then, you would either:
A) Have sold him
B) Quit the game (I mean, 11 seasons is a lot)
C) Have fired him (Unlikely)
D) Have realise training him to Elite is futile because you would have him for about 3 more seasons, as his stamina would deteriorate so much he would be practically useless.

Lets not forget, there are chances that the game might have shut down by then, your computer has been burned, you have been crippled, are serving a life sentence in jail, have converted to Bhuddism and gone to live in Tibet, etc.

:)

Ah! They age per season. Never realised that.
Nevermind, he is gonna be a decent club player.

I think we've discussed this enough now :)

so what do u think of my new signing for ?350,000

Dexter Lucketti (801672)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, competent batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Hasis Legends
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,509
Wages: ?1,148 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: feeble Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

Can u tell what nets to give him too considering ATM these are my current ones:

nets2jw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread