Trials at modifying AC09

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We really have to fix this AI. I rate the game at about 7-8 right now but if the AI in tests especially is fixed then the game will definately be a 9-10.

Consoles maynot be possible mate, but i wonder why our guys are taking lot of time to get a patch for PC. maybe its not patchble :crying

Arko

Club Cricketer
Consoles maynot be possible mate, but i wonder why our guys are taking lot of time to get a patch for PC. maybe its not patchble :crying

dont worry mate it always happens with new games once everyone works out how to do patches they will come flying in

Max Peters

Club Captain
The problem is, not everyone has the game. Until then progress is slow.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
dont worry mate it always happens with new games once everyone works out how to do patches they will come flying in

hope so buddy, if we fix some of the bugs this must be the ultimate cricket game for sure

diaskasun added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

The problem is, not everyone has the game. Until then progress is slow.

true mate!!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just remember that EA's games have the benefit of being in the same formats as both their past editions and other EA Sports games, whereas the formats that are being used for AC09 are probably entirely unique, at the very least no one's opened up the .w32 file yet, which is more important for editing the game than these Direct X hooks.

So naturally it will take a while before some real major breakthroughs are made.

nofeet

Club Captain
Hi here is a preview of my updated umpire test kit

Attachments

• Umpire.jpg
    Umpire.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 188

Arko

Club Cricketer
can someone do me a big favour and post some face textures. Maybe like a dark skinned one and maybe two light skinned ones one with brown hair and one with blonde hair. I would like to start to make some more textures but dont have the game so i cant get them myself

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Is it possible to add in more faces to the game or can you only edit the existing 60?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Just remember that EA's games have the benefit of being in the same formats as both their past editions and other EA Sports games, whereas the formats that are being used for AC09 are probably entirely unique, at the very least no one's opened up the .w32 file yet, which is more important for editing the game than these Direct X hooks.
So naturally it will take a while before some real major breakthroughs are made.

The file formats will limit editing to what the game is capable of doing, while the hooks will give as much control as possible with DirectX. Editing the file is also the harder option as reverse engineering the file format is not possible due to the copy protection and trial and error is unlikely to work in figuring it out.

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
Hi, If I'm correct with what I've read, it seems that graphics editing (kits, bats etc) is perfectly possible and indeed work is already underway on this by some people?

The AI editing is being worked on but proving tricky?

So what's the situation with being able to ADD teams. I'm thinking along the lines of county of course, would a seperate installation be the best way?

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
The file formats will limit editing to what the game is capable of doing, while the hooks will give as much control as possible with DirectX. Editing the file is also the harder option as reverse engineering the file format is not possible due to the copy protection and trial and error is unlikely to work in figuring it out.

so what do u say mate.. is the game patchble for you guys or not

JawadQureshi

School Cricketer
I just ordered my game today. I never buy games movies or anything, but this is cricket.

And guys have a bit of patience. Give em some time the patches will come flying in.

Arko bro, why don't u download the demo to check if ur computer maybe can run the game. The specs didn't meet my computer but i tried the demo, and it worked like a charm.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I just ordered my game today. I never buy games movies or anything, but this is cricket.

And guys have a bit of patience. Give em some time the patches will come flying in.

Not if the edits and the copy protection don't sit well together they won't; and as of now, all edits seem to be falling foul of the stupid SecuCRAP copy protection BS.

Users who are viewing this thread