kadabakar said:
hi
champ there is no problem with my system
the beta patch 5 that is released my tulsi
that is good cpu makes good total in that
they start very slowly but catch up at yhe end in that
then how can this patch doesnot support
explain that

try a fresh installation to see if it works..

IF IT WORKS - then in future when importing patches, first import the original AI that came with Cricket2004 (you can find this with boss's patches) and then play the game for about 5 - 6 overs, quit the game and then install the new patch!! It would be almost equal to a fresh installation. Now for the first time though, make a fresh installation.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
I think there seems to be some problem with his system. Or else, how can one explain the patch working well for guys like me, ashwinkm, The_Champ, etc and not working for him?

Because his bowling skill level is higher compared to the others you mention.

I have tried some of Tutsi's patches and I have also encountered the same problem. Generally, I bowl very well but bat in an average manner. So, I seemed to get the CPU out cheaply all the time. But, give any patch to brad or squiz or radaga and they will say that batting is so simple. So, a persons skill level certainly matters on how they view a patch.

The patch makers try to make patches that will suit a large community of people. But, that does not mean it will suit everyone. Having a lot of different patch makers with different skill levels help and people should certainly try out different patches to see how well each one suits their own style. That is my opinion.

To be fair to Tutsi, I have not tried using Tutsi's patches in a while. Hence, I do not know how well it actually plays nowadays.

Last edited:

The Champ

International Coach
saisrini80 said:
try a fresh installation to see if it works..

IF IT WORKS - then in future when importing patches, first import the original AI that came with Cricket2004 (you can find this with boss's patches) and then play the game for about 5 - 6 overs, quit the game and then install the new patch!! It would be almost equal to a fresh installation. Now for the first time though, make a fresh installation.
then sai if we play a new patch after importing original ai u say that we have to play for some time before again inport the patch we need. can u explain this mate

boss

Club Cricketer
Hi buddy!, i think sai try to explain that u might know the difference with the new patches behaving by comparison to the old/original AI!, isn't it sai?,

Boss

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
boss said:
Hi buddy!, i think sai try to explain that u might know the difference with the new patches behaving by comparison to the old/original AI!, isn't it sai?,

Boss

yes, ur right boss.. when you import a new patch over an existing patch, some of the previous atch's features still remain and the new patch then becomes somewhat of a mixture of the new one along with the old one and behaves in a strange manner. so to avoid it, before installing any new patch, first install the original AI, then play for 5 to 6 overs and quit the game (which means fully quit to the Desktop). And then, install the new patch.

The Champ

International Coach
saisrini80 said:
yes, ur right boss.. when you import a new patch over an existing patch, some of the previous atch's features still remain and the new patch then becomes somewhat of a mixture of the new one along with the old one and behaves in a strange manner. so to avoid it, before installing any new patch, first install the original AI, then play for 5 to 6 overs and quit the game (which means fully quit to the Desktop). And then, install the new patch.
thanks for the info sai

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
To Tutsi

Hey Tutsi, just some tips of you on improving your already brilliant patch.

It seems with ur latest patch, the average CPU score is around 270-280 in good batting pitches (on Normal pitches, it ranges from 240-260 at times). This is the same irrespective of grounds like India or New Zealand or England. I wish this is changed a bit and is tweaked in a way so that the CPU scores a total of 300 and above most of the times in the subcontinent and is in the range of 270-290 in other grounds where there are good batting pitches.Can this be implemented into ur future patches?

What might be needed to implement this? Increase the speed of the outfields of Indian grounds? Or is there any value that determines the range of totals for respective grounds? It would add more realism if implemented.

Last edited:

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
Thats interesting..I have always installed the latest patch over the preexisting patch.. The new tutsi patch was installed over boss's one day patch(which I had installed over tutsis beta patch!!) I dont know how this is influencing the way the game plays on my cpu .. maybe thats why I am getting all these close excellent games!

The Champ

International Coach
ashwinkm said:
Thats interesting..I have always installed the latest patch over the preexisting patch.. The new tutsi patch was installed over boss's one day patch(which I had installed over tutsis beta patch!!) I dont know how this is influencing the way the game plays on my cpu .. maybe thats why I am getting all these close excellent games!
thats what sai was saying u have to first import the originnal ai and the nthe patch we need

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ashwinkm said:

in most cases, just replacing it will work. but if you get strange results, try importing the original AI and play with it for a few overs and then quit the game and replace. it might give you the desired results or something close to it

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
I am almost afraid to do anything since the patches have been playing rather well now and I dont want to undo anything!!!
As mentioned before I have really had some great test and one matches with tutsis patches and would like to keep things the way they are..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ashwinkm said:
I am almost afraid to do anything since the patches have been playing rather well now and I dont want to undo anything!!!
As mentioned before I have really had some great test and one matches with tutsis patches and would like to keep things the way they are..

dont do anything now ashwin. do it only when you find strange results with the patch that ur using. or if you feel the patch is not perfoming well as you expected

gold639

International Coach
Ok I played an odi between England and Australia(me).

I won the toss and chose to bat.

I was playing with Sams Exe so I found it very very difficult.It was very difficult to play the leg side shots.All most all of them resulted in lbw's.

I was all out for 184 in 45 overs :(

Now I'm bowling to England

I'll keep you updated on how England play :)

Users who are viewing this thread