Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Not necessarily, most likely there'd just be conflict over what different people want

ashwinkm said:
more follow up on the patch .. I scored 319 all out in 46 overs With laxman scoring a run a ball 60 with 9 fours. Unfortunately spinners are rather tough to tackle , so while lee , mcgrath and gillespie went for 7-8 runs per over, symonds took four wickets for 18 runs in his 10 overs and sparked a middle order collapse. A lot of the balls were cleverly bowled around the wicket topspinners to the left handers which got me lbw/bowled.

I still managed to get a lot of runs with the tail but obviously ended up with a lower score than expected. Stilll 318 was a good score and I had Australia down at 53/3.Then Damien Martyn and lehman put on an amazin 220 run partnership!!!
It is very very difficult to get wickets . Actually the two wickets that I did get were when the cpu tried to run the ball to third man and edged it to the keeper. Otherwise I got no edges at all on the hard pitch. I did tie them down in the middle with harbhajan and sachin and they were going along at 4.5 an over.They started accelerating around 37th over which may have been a little too late - but still if the total had been lower than 300 they would have won.They score 286/4 in 50 overs.
Aus had bowled nearly 45 extras , so the match would have been much closer if they had bowled tighter. Good work on the cpu batting though tutsi they are very very difficult to get out. Also , even with my 7 men on the offside they still managed to penetrate the field sometimes. Martyn would also charge the bowler but never got stumped. Everyone once in a while the batsmen would try to play an aerial shot if they had been tied down for a few overs.

Good work on the batting.. would like a few edges like your previous patches though..also too many wides- maybe on hard level they wont bowl as many wides. I know for a fact that on hard level with your prior patches they would NEVER bowl wides

thnx man...ur the only one who is currently giving me some sort of reviews for my patch.

well this looked like a very intresting match. i guess cpu now bats well and is able to penetrate the 7 field off-side field.

i have made some changes to the final version of the patch, the reason why i need some reviews about the BETA-3 patch is that it is quite close to the final thing and i want to know as to is there anything which i not correct and needs to be finxed in the final version.

yea the thing about wides, cpu is bowling so many wides coz its on NORMAL level, but on HARD the no. of wides will be less. i think so.

Do keep those comments and reviews comming in.

So far this is the best patch i have played. At the moment i am 0/38 off 13 overs in test match v's Australia at the Gabba. I can play shots all around the ground and anything on the leg side can score runs. Great work. I changed my bowlers abilities from 90 to 75 and australia scored 287 all out at 90 ability and 454 for 5 at 75 ability. I might change them to 80 to get the score down to under 400 for this patch.

match 2 - ind vs aus on a dusty pitch . aus/cpu started off like an express - gilchrist slammed 4 fours and a 6 off pathans first over and the bowler had to be taken off. Aus went at 10 runs per over and were 73 at the end of 8 overs with balaji , pathan , khan and kumble getting carted all over the park. Brought Sehwag in and it did the trick .. gilchrist cut one uppishly to point. Hayden was stumped off sehwags next over and ponting caught at long off. All of a sudden the complexion of the match changed .The batsmen struggled and india bowled very well to drag australia back to 189 /7 in 50 overs. After a great performance by the bowlers the batsmen came out firing.Sachin was caught playing an uppish leg glance in the first over but laxman slammed 9 fours down the leg side and india were 87/2 in 10 overs .Symonds came in and the collapse started again ... this time wicket after wicket tumbled to symonds and lehman.Mcgrath came back and took a few more.
A lot of catches were taken at square leg .. sometimes the leg glance goes uppishly and I lost 4 wickets this way. 3 more wickets fell to the yorker and India crumbled to 169 all out in a disastrous show by the batsmen.
Tutsi .. one thing I have noticed in all your patches .. it is very very difficult to get the batsmen lbw and almost impossible to get them out bowled to fast bowlers. you may need to fix that. Also with the new patch i like the way the batsmen played in the first 15 but they tended to slow down a little too much in the middle.
third- dont take the edges away .. there should be a few edges in the game otherwise it takes the realism away. I will play on a green top and see if i get more edges.

trinidevil69 said:
hey for the patch....dus it only effect season mode? doesnt seem to work for exibition...is there a fix for that?

hi...well my patch works for all types of matches.....it works for all tours as wel as exibition matches.

ashwinkm said:
match 2 - ind vs aus on a dusty pitch . aus/cpu started off like an express - gilchrist slammed 4 fours and a 6 off pathans first over and the bowler had to be taken off. Aus went at 10 runs per over and were 73 at the end of 8 overs with balaji , pathan , khan and kumble getting carted all over the park. Brought Sehwag in and it did the trick .. gilchrist cut one uppishly to point. Hayden was stumped off sehwags next over and ponting caught at long off. All of a sudden the complexion of the match changed .The batsmen struggled and india bowled very well to drag australia back to 189 /7 in 50 overs. After a great performance by the bowlers the batsmen came out firing.Sachin was caught playing an uppish leg glance in the first over but laxman slammed 9 fours down the leg side and india were 87/2 in 10 overs .Symonds came in and the collapse started again ... this time wicket after wicket tumbled to symonds and lehman.Mcgrath came back and took a few more.
A lot of catches were taken at square leg .. sometimes the leg glance goes uppishly and I lost 4 wickets this way. 3 more wickets fell to the yorker and India crumbled to 169 all out in a disastrous show by the batsmen.
Tutsi .. one thing I have noticed in all your patches .. it is very very difficult to get the batsmen lbw and almost impossible to get them out bowled to fast bowlers. you may need to fix that. Also with the new patch i like the way the batsmen played in the first 15 but they tended to slow down a little too much in the middle.
third- dont take the edges away .. there should be a few edges in the game otherwise it takes the realism away. I will play on a green top and see if i get more edges.

i think ur finding batting with the new batting tech. hard....i think u used to bat with the old batting tech? right?

and yea....the thing about cpu pacing well...it has been tweaked. now u will surely like the pacing in the final version.

and yea....i have not taken out edges from the game....yea i have reduced them but just a little bit. u know very well about the bugs in the game, either there are too many edges in the game or not even a single one. it is very rare that there are decent amout of edges which occur according to the values set for them.

Well Tutsi, I didnt had much time for testing your 7.4 patch, but i played some game. In short, CPU are too aggressive in ODIs matches. i.e. they played at the rate of 10-12 runs/overs. I played a match INDIA(me) v/s Pakistan(CPU). They were 125/2 in 12 overs. They were playing infact hitting each and every ball. And in test match CP?U is very very very defensive. They even didnot score on scoring ball too unlike ODIs where they score on yorker too.. They defend the good length and over pich ball on back foot. The result, they edged to the slips.They et out on the score of 50, 100 etc.
Thats what I want to tell you. WAY AGGRESSIVE in ODIS and WAY DEFENSIVE in TEST MATCHES. Thats Solve.

I am playing a test match as ind vs aus on a dusty pitch and the aussies are getting slaughtered. India are 171 of 36 overs(the slowdown coming from lehman whose 12 overs cost 15 runs)mgrath was taken for 120 runs of his 15 overs. I used to get edges when playing in tests if I tried back foot shots on the off side but with this patch there are very few edges. The spinners are very tough to face though.

Tutsi can you please increase the edges to make it more realistic ?Also there should be a way to get the cpu lbw and bowled.

Match INFO. Played with the latest 7.5 patch.(Un-Released)

Tour ODI match b/w Ind(me) VS Pak - 20 overs - Dusty Pitch

Ind batting first got off to a good start, playing really very well, literally playing shots all round the ground. I found batting was a bit on the easy side b'coz if the increased direction area, shots penetrate the field easily...so i'll make timing the ball a bit harder. overall...i found batting really fun. in the end i scored 161/4

now it was PAK's turn to bat....they started off in a rocking manner. they too like me scored all round the ground, it was like a replay of my innings but i loved it. i really had to set a smart field to stop their runs and bowl carefully. they played spinners well...in the end they won with 5 balls to spare 163/2.

in the end....i've just come to the thing that...i'll increase the batting diff. for human just a little bit.

Fact Of The Day - 29th

With my new patch i will be introducing a new feature which i have named "Range Of Score", with this feature there will be range in the total scored by the CPU in a match.

**All the related info. about this feature will be given with the release of the patch.

**These facts will be based on features introduced by me in my patches. These facts will NOT be the usual bug fixed, strokes edited facts, but these facts will be the NEW features in my patch which u will not find in other's patches.

Hey mate I know this is irrelevant, but I need patching help...

Im using config editor...

How come for 'Edge spin 1' and 'edge spin 2' have their BowlerTypes set to 15? Shouldn't it be 6? I know this will be a straight foward answer and im probably an idiot, but there you go...also what does BowlerTypes 1 mean?

Hey, I like batting with this patch. It is slightly easier than before , but I think thats because its on normal level- on hard level the bowlers bowl a much tighter line so that should take care of things. The spinners arent easy to play at all so I slowed down a lot when I faced the spinners in my test- 3 spinners are only going at around 2-3 an over. I do think that the number of edges are too little so its easy for me to start playing shots outside off stump right from the first ball without getting worried about catches to slip( only 2 edges so far and I am 371/3 at the end of day 1)
The other questions that I had asked before- can you make it so the cpu can get bowled or lbw sometimes .... these are impossible to get with pacemen though I have gotten a few lbw with spinners when the cpu tries to sweep a googly or a flipper.

I am actually really enjoying batting .. I have thrashed the aussie fast bowlers on a dusty pitch but have found it hard against the spinners... this makes it quite challenging since any boundaries of the spinners is rather rewarding

I agree the cpu does play spinners very very well. quite realistic , especially when they try to change the direction of the shots , such as reverse sweeps. The cpu is getting better against the fast bowlers too , maybe they need a greater range of shots... like coming down the track to fast bowlers ...
One glitch that I did notice is that the cpu tries to run the ball to third man and it ends up going to the keeper- got 4 wickets in a one day in the same manner

Mr. P said:
Hey mate I know this is irrelevant, but I need patching help...

Im using config editor...

How come for 'Edge spin 1' and 'edge spin 2' have their BowlerTypes set to 15? Shouldn't it be 6? I know this will be a straight foward answer and im probably an idiot, but there you go...also what does BowlerTypes 1 mean?

simple answer......"i don't know"

i think FastBowlMan pointed out that 'Edge Fast 2' is the value which controls all the edges of pace bowlers as well as spinner(how dumb can ea get).

ashwinkm said:
Hey, I like batting with this patch. It is slightly easier than before , but I think thats because its on normal level- on hard level the bowlers bowl a much tighter line so that should take care of things. The spinners arent easy to play at all so I slowed down a lot when I faced the spinners in my test- 3 spinners are only going at around 2-3 an over. I do think that the number of edges are too little so its easy for me to start playing shots outside off stump right from the first ball without getting worried about catches to slip( only 2 edges so far and I am 371/3 at the end of day 1)
The other questions that I had asked before- can you make it so the cpu can get bowled or lbw sometimes .... these are impossible to get with pacemen though I have gotten a few lbw with spinners when the cpu tries to sweep a googly or a flipper.

I am actually really enjoying batting .. I have thrashed the aussie fast bowlers on a dusty pitch but have found it hard against the spinners... this makes it quite challenging since any boundaries of the spinners is rather rewarding

I agree the cpu does play spinners very very well. quite realistic , especially when they try to change the direction of the shots , such as reverse sweeps. The cpu is getting better against the fast bowlers too , maybe they need a greater range of shots... like coming down the track to fast bowlers ...
One glitch that I did notice is that the cpu tries to run the ball to third man and it ends up going to the keeper- got 4 wickets in a one day in the same manner

well...in real cricket also the batsman gets out with seam movement, but in cricket 2004 seam movement is out of our control. and well one of the side-effects of making batsman(cpu) strong is that it is hard to get them bowled or lbw in any other way. so i guess we gotta live with that for now.

and yea...the thing about cpu tring to run the ball to the 3rd man against pace bowlers and getting out.................has been fixed.

anything else???

tutsipoppy2 said:
i think FastBowlMan pointed out that 'Edge Fast 2' is the value which controls all the edges of pace bowlers as well as spinner(how dumb can ea get).
Yeah - annoying isn't it. There must be someway of modifying the pace that edges go seperately. You'd think it would be based on the speed of the ball when it hits the bat - but that's just too logical I guess. I'm still trying to find away of doing this - I currently have 2 AI configs - one for pace & 1 for spin !?!?!?

tutsipoppy2 said:
and yea...the thing about cpu tring to run the ball to the 3rd man against pace bowlers and getting out.................has been fixed.
Is this that ridiculous back foot steer that they use with a full slip cordon in place i a test match? I have tried setting stupidly high difficulty and edge values, and yet they still play it.

Users who are viewing this thread