Tutsi's A.I. Patches

yo tutsipoppy i like your patch its great iknow its hard to play but its osum make more better patches than this keep it up the goo work

I'll Give It a Try!

Hi Tutsipoppy2, I am using Cool Gameplay Patch Beta Version at the moment and think it is very good. I have tried your patches before but they didn't really work for me, while the Boss's version did. I am a person who will give anything a try so I will use your patch as a "test" when it is released. The full version, mind. After this AI patch I'm not downloading anymore Beta versions.

Yours faithfully,
Sk8brdr2 :drinks

yeah i found your beta patch pretty easy... and was timing and scoring runs with ease.... i play on hard....but i was on normal for yur patch.. plz increase difficulty or add hard mode to it for the final release

I am now 510/7 at tea on day 2 . all my batsmen kept getting out in the 90s ! I do belive that if this patch is released for the hard level , it will be tougher to time the shots. A nice thing though is that I am able to now play shot on all sides of the wicket.It is easier to get boundaries though since a lot of the shots penetrate the field. This is my highest test score in the 2004 since all the tests I have played have been with patches. Lets hope the aussies bat aggressively and put up a good score.

trinidevil69 said:
yeah i found your beta patch pretty easy... and was timing and scoring runs with ease.... i play on hard....but i was on normal for yur patch.. plz increase difficulty or add hard mode to it for the final release

yea...if u read my post, myself too said that the batting was a touch easy in the normal mode.

i have increased the batting difficulty(a little bit) for both normal and hard mode for the final version.

ashwinkm said:
I am now 510/7 at tea on day 2 . all my batsmen kept getting out in the 90s ! I do belive that if this patch is released for the hard level , it will be tougher to time the shots. A nice thing though is that I am able to now play shot on all sides of the wicket.It is easier to get boundaries though since a lot of the shots penetrate the field. This is my highest test score in the 2004 since all the tests I have played have been with patches. Lets hope the aussies bat aggressively and put up a good score.

now b'coz of the increased range of shots, shots penetrate fields more easily hence scoring a lot of boundaries. thats why i have increased the batting difficulty so that every boundary is a well earned one.

**i am eagerly waiting for the aussie reply against ur score.

I finished at 528 all out .the aussies started quite well and are 50/1. Langer tried to run the ball to third man with 4 slips in place and it went to third sleep.
I really wish there was a way to get a little more edges since that would make bowling more rewarding. I have sent down 12 overs with the new ball without a single edge!!
Since its a dusty pitch I hope that I get more edges with the spinners(compared to previous patches)
As I said before it is not easy to score of spinners but the pace bowlers are easy to pick for boundaries. If it becomes harder against the pacemen it becomes impossible against the spinners.Spinners are generally tougher to play than pacemen in c2004 patch or no patch. The other thing that I had also mentioned earlier is that since there are fewer edges I was playing square cuts and backfoot cover drives with ease even in the beginning of my innings with low confidence.In earlier patches , these would go to the slips and you would have to be very careful when swishing outside offstump.Maybe increasing the edges very very slightly may make this better.

well i knw what u mean in respect with the amount of edges at the start of the innings. you see it is very very difficult to set the correct balance. there is one value which determines as to how many edges(amount of edges) there should be in a game while there is other value which determines the amount of edges at the top order and vice verse (if the value is high more edges at the top and if the value is low then more at the bottom). now it is very difficult to set a balance between these 2 values. you don't want too many edges at the top coz it will spoil the match as a result cpu or you scoring too totals whereas u also don't want that there should very less edges coz then u can slog from 1st ball.

so setting the balance is very difficult ALSO with the bug in the game which either produces too many edges OR no edges at all.

i hope u understood my point.

Last edited:
In one of the earlier patches you had the right balance.I would get a few edges with the new ball but then it was very very difficult to get edges.I am trying to recollect which one... 7.3 maybe??

Aus are 163/3 of 46 overs. Good reply by them . the cpu does play more aggressively and keeps you on your toes. have to keep changing the field etc. Hayden scored 72 off 113 balls and was in terrific form after he got his eye in , thrashing the bowlers all over the place including a lofted straight drive for a one bounce four of pathan. I really like the way the cpu plays with this patch , it scores runs at a good clip and plays a variety of shots. My only problem is ..... NO edges with spinners on a dusty pitch ... which has been one problem with all these patches.. I was getting a lot of turn , but not a single edge with bhajji and kumble on a dusty pitch. If only this could be fixed I think this patch is wqrking out quite nicely.

Tutsi i agree with ashwinkm on that - no edges with spiners. I always get turn but no edges with spiners. So it would be nice to have the spinners also ger some edges.
And also when bowling with the spinners i bowled a short ball and the CPU tried to run it down to third man but the ball goes between the wicketkeeper and first slip. Is it possible to fix that?

woh!!! I finally got my first edge with spinner....
as always I was bowling round the wicket...
It was kumble's bowling and I pitched it on almost middle (length) of the pitch...
batsman tried to defend it on back foot...
ball took leading edge and it went straight to gully...
and the best part was it was edge from a tailender...

but dude seriously what did u do with this so called tailenders man...
they play more balls then the top order batsman...
and r much harder to get out too...

I just downloaded the 7.4 B patch, the only file in the folder is 7.4patch-B.cfg

Not really sure what to do with that file, as it won't open itself

Trescothick said:
I just downloaded the 7.4 B patch, the only file in the folder is 7.4patch-B.cfg

Not really sure what to do with that file, as it won't open itself

buddy...u need to download prakash's cfg editor and then use the import patch option to install my patch on the .GOB file.

ashwinkm said:
In one of the earlier patches you had the right balance.I would get a few edges with the new ball but then it was very very difficult to get edges.I am trying to recollect which one... 7.3 maybe??

i am tring on a new tech. for the edges.....i have completed the first stage of testing it. Result - IF u play too many off-side shots early in ur innings then ur bound to get edges from some of them. Tailenders get a lot of edges so they will be easy to get out.

In 2nd stage i will be testing that if with this tech. we & CPU get edges even at defending the ball early on. i hope we get very less edges when defending the ball. lets see how it goes.

ashwinkm said:
Aus are 163/3 of 46 overs. Good reply by them . the cpu does play more aggressively and keeps you on your toes. have to keep changing the field etc. Hayden scored 72 off 113 balls and was in terrific form after he got his eye in , thrashing the bowlers all over the place including a lofted straight drive for a one bounce four of pathan. I really like the way the cpu plays with this patch , it scores runs at a good clip and plays a variety of shots. My only problem is ..... NO edges with spinners on a dusty pitch ... which has been one problem with all these patches.. I was getting a lot of turn , but not a single edge with bhajji and kumble on a dusty pitch. If only this could be fixed I think this patch is wqrking out quite nicely.

well even i havn't seen any edges against the spinner with my or anybody else's patches.

with my patches i do get edges while batting IF i play power boosted shots early on but now the problem is that the "EDGE FAST 2" controls all the edges direction and power for both PACE and SPIN bowlers. so the edges against spinners go like they go against pace bowlers.

borncricketer said:
Tutsi i agree with ashwinkm on that - no edges with spiners. I always get turn but no edges with spiners. So it would be nice to have the spinners also ger some edges.
And also when bowling with the spinners i bowled a short ball and the CPU tried to run it down to third man but the ball goes between the wicketkeeper and first slip. Is it possible to fix that?

hi well if it goes to 1st slip everytime then CPU is stupid enough to play this shot again and against even after getting out with it.

Last edited:
tutsipoppy2 said:
i am tring on a new tech. for the edges.....i have completed the first stage of testing it. Result - IF u play off-side shots before ur confidence is atlest 1/3 then ur bound to get edges everytime. Tailenders get a lot of edges so they will be easy to get out.

regarding 7.4.A
well its good to see u r still trying to improve the game..but I disagree with the idea of "IF u play off-side shots before ur confidence is atlest 1/3 then ur bound to get edges everytime" well that doesnt happen in real life...more over it would be like over killing...I agree with aswinkumar that in one of ur previous patch there was very good balance in amount of edges....
moreover i am having good game...i.e. I get decent amount of edges with fast bowler in early overs...not too much, not too less...atleast in my game it is balanced...but the funny thing is my batsman edged a ball when his score was 300+...the only problem I have is getting edge with tailenders...for some reason they play like a pro batsman...

tutsipoppy2 said:
with my patches i do get edges while batting IF i play power boosted shots early on but now the problem is that the "EDGE FAST 2" controls all the edges direction and power for both PACE and SPIN bowlers. so the edges against spinners go like they go against pace bowlers.

again I am not getting any edges from cpu batsman with spinners but I do get LOTS of edges with spinners if my confidence is not high enough...ya they do go to boundary too fast...

i think i over-exaggerated the fact that u'll get edges early on. what i ment was that IF u play too many off-sides shots early in the innings then u are bound to get edges from some of them.

**i have edited my previous post to correct the over-exaggeration ;) :p :cool: :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread