Tutsi's A.I. Patches

I have only tried batting so far... on normal level I am scoring around 6 -7 runs an over on a hard pitch as india vs australia... surprisingly they are bowling a lot more wides.. this is new since with your previous patch they would bowl a very tight line, sometimes no wides in the entire match. The shots have been a pleaure to play I have scored runs on both sides of the wicket(not just the leg side) and have even cut and played back foot cover drives for 4. But the wides issue was bothering me..The other issue was something I hadnt seen in a long time.. without the patches on a hard pitch the ball would go over the head of the keeper and to the boundary ... somehow with the previous patches this never used to happen on a hard pitch as the cpu would bowl a better length.now this problem has started again

give sam's wk_timing.exe a go !!

Hey Tutsi -played with your patch after a long time...ODI between India and Pakistan at Kolkata...a few amusing developments...

1) 9 runouts - but i don't think that is attributable to the AI settings your patch changes...or is it? is it in anyway connected with the pacing settings...

2) lots of edges off spinners on a dusty track...huge turn for Tendulkar, Kumble and Bhajji...most of the edges fell in front of the wicket and hence there was no catcher...one ridiculous one went above the w/k...

3) the most disturbing aspect is that Pakistan managed to play only 33 overs against my mediocre to worse bowling...pacing probs or runout bug?

India are yet to bat so will let you know more abt batting stuff later...

you can check out the above results i have listed here:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?p=92513#post92513

Mate u better use sams runout bug fixed exe to prevent such silly run outs.Use the lineup exe for batting and the runout exe for bowling.

never troubled me before this and that is the only reason i am asking Tutsi - if its the pacing or just a coincidence?

and i have seen this suggestion from you elsewhere but somehow i always forget it at the time i start a match...

No it is not a prob with the patch cuz there are no pacing settings for test matches in the cfg editor...it is just a damn bug.:(

Hey tutsi, I tried ur latest 7.5 BETA-3 patch. I score around 10 runs per over. I played Sachin's International Season against Australia at the Docklands stadium. First was a Hard pitch, I scored 75 off 8 overs and so autoplayed (I eventually won!). In the second game on a green wicket, Australia scored 217. I scored 219/7 off 16 overs. Do you edit slogs also? The slogs are the most productive shots as always! Ur 7.3 patch was good in this that if you have a lot of slogging, you will naturally get out and the power of it was not always high. Do something abt it!

sachinisgod......man u can't blame the patch for the stupid run-out bug. it has ntn to do with the patch...u knw it very well.

play with the no-run out exe and tell me how dd u find the other aspects of the patch.

hey for the patch....dus it only effect season mode? doesnt seem to work for exibition...is there a fix for that?

hey for the A and B patch( not beta 3).....dus it only effect season mode? doesnt seem to work for exibition...is there a fix for that?

well the patch in an exhibition match is way too easy.Scored almost 9 runs per over initially.Only when symonds came in did i find it difficult to score. lost 3 quick wickets to symonds. score is now 164/4 off 24 overs. The cpu bowls too wide and is not as accurate as before.. is this because its on normal level????

yea.....maybe....but i havn'y done anything to change as to how the cpu bowls.

infact there are no values in gob which alters as to how the cpu bowls.

but still i'll see what i can do.

**also since u all have got the hang of the new batting tech. i'm thinking about releasing the only one version of the patch which will be the new batting tech.

Hey guys tell me something about the patch, is it perfect or still need some tweaking. I'm thinking about releasing my next patch but without any feedback from you for my BETA patch, i don't know if the patch is good or not.

Last edited:
This may sound ridiculous, but IMO it would be best if all the patch makers, face makers, kit makers etc +joessadi or whatever his name is get together and make the 'perfect' patch...just combine all their skills and get everything in one big file...

more follow up on the patch .. I scored 319 all out in 46 overs With laxman scoring a run a ball 60 with 9 fours. Unfortunately spinners are rather tough to tackle , so while lee , mcgrath and gillespie went for 7-8 runs per over, symonds took four wickets for 18 runs in his 10 overs and sparked a middle order collapse. A lot of the balls were cleverly bowled around the wicket topspinners to the left handers which got me lbw/bowled.

I still managed to get a lot of runs with the tail but obviously ended up with a lower score than expected. Stilll 318 was a good score and I had Australia down at 53/3.Then Damien Martyn and lehman put on an amazin 220 run partnership!!!
It is very very difficult to get wickets . Actually the two wickets that I did get were when the cpu tried to run the ball to third man and edged it to the keeper. Otherwise I got no edges at all on the hard pitch. I did tie them down in the middle with harbhajan and sachin and they were going along at 4.5 an over.They started accelerating around 37th over which may have been a little too late - but still if the total had been lower than 300 they would have won.They score 286/4 in 50 overs.
Aus had bowled nearly 45 extras , so the match would have been much closer if they had bowled tighter. Good work on the cpu batting though tutsi they are very very difficult to get out. Also , even with my 7 men on the offside they still managed to penetrate the field sometimes. Martyn would also charge the bowler but never got stumped. Everyone once in a while the batsmen would try to play an aerial shot if they had been tied down for a few overs.

Good work on the batting.. would like a few edges like your previous patches though..also too many wides- maybe on hard level they wont bowl as many wides. I know for a fact that on hard level with your prior patches they would NEVER bowl wides

Mr. P said:
This may sound ridiculous, but IMO it would be best if all the patch makers, face makers, kit makers etc +joessadi or whatever his name is get together and make the 'perfect' patch...just combine all their skills and get everything in one big file...

Different players want different things out of AI patches though depending on how good you are etc. The key is to find the patch that suits you best.

True but you would still get a better and more importantly a lot more realistic result with everyone working together...

Users who are viewing this thread