Tutsi's A.I. Patches

just played 20 overs using 7.5 beta..

not sure what u edited but scoring is worse!

bowled 20 overs, CPU was 20-4...ALL RUNS FROM EDGES!

I know why cpu gets out to defensive shots so much...it cos they don't play any other shots....block, block, block, leave, block..etc..

did u really install the patch onto a fresh .gob file? i did it and it works fine for me. i am not a novice to Cricket2004 and have been playing it for quite some time and I do not get such low totals..

Yeap, fresh gob, fresh game...same results..

I have always been able to bowl the CPU out cheaply. Only time the CPU ever made more than 150 was on one of Ravi's Test match patches

Tutsi's 7.5 A.I Patch - BETA 2

YO YO YO YO YO..........

Now listen up ya guys......

This is the 2nd BETA of the 7.5 patch..........

Hanv't done anything dramatic with it..........

I have just increased the drection area of the off-sides shots so that they go through the fielders..........

Reduced the edges a little bit for Test Matches.........

Increased the CPU aggressiveness for Test Matches........

Other minor tweaks here and there.........

This is also for the NEW BATTING TECH.......

So....Da Doctor os askin ya again to test the patch and tell him.........

!!! WORD LIFE !!!

Last edited:
tutsi is this new batting tech or old batting tech?
Or do i need 7.4 then install the 7.5 one.

Also i re-installed my game and now i cant load ur ptches using config editor 2 what other things do i need to be on it?

I seem to remember in earlier patches we need a kit update?

Last edited:
themuel1 said:
tutsi is this new batting tech or old batting tech?
Or do i need 7.4 then install the 7.5 one.

Also i re-installed my game and now i cant load ur ptches using config editor 2 what other things do i need to be on it?

I seem to remember in earlier patches we need a kit update?

This is for the NEW BATTING TECH.

No....u do not need any of the oldr patches to install this one.

Well...i don''t why why and what error ur getting....explain to us what error r y getting?

tutsi

i have used u'r 7.4-b old batting technique

in test matches cpu did not score any runs at all it was 1/4 after 8 overs

see to that cpu plays bit aggresively in test matches

Yo guys....after i posted the BETA-2 patch....

i thought of sumthing new and have edited the patch for that, i'm sure that will fix the cpu being too weak thing....FINALLY.

i need reviews of this beta patch to know as to what all has been fixed and what needs to be fixed.

it's not just your patches that are not working Tutsi, i had to reinstall cricket 2004 the other day after installing something on graphic importer, i think stumps. The config says loaded correctly but it does not take affect in game.
Usually in game information it has information about the patches but as it was the default cricket 2004 jargon it proved they did not work.

It said every time i opened the game using sams exe that it has to close (with the box saying send erreor report).

It works fine now with the exeption that it wont take patches!!!!! Not even graphics.

Please help

Last edited:
Review of 7.5 beta-2

Normal pitch
sunny
hard mode

Bowled 23 overs, CPU was 29-8. (having been 4-5 off 6 overs)

Of those 29 one batsman had 24..

I used very attacking fields ( no outfielders), and the CPU did not score till the 6th over!

7 wickets were caught keeper/slips off defensive shots. 1 wicket caught behind edging a square drive.

Highlight for me was C. Cairns out for *0* off 46 balls!

I can see a small problem with the way the CPU plays balls pitched on middle/leg stump. (especially off the back foot). Also if u bowl half-volleys on leg stump the cpu just blocks them..not sure why?

hmm.....it seems that too many edges especially at the top order is the main problem now.

any other thing u have noticed ? plz explain in detail.

I bowled out india for 139 in 46 overs and started chasing as Australia. For batting I reverted to the 7.4 patch (old) since I think that batting is quite challenging with the patch. I actually struggled a bit and made 140 in 37 overs with 2 wickets left!!!
I think batting is very nice with your patch, defnitely not easy to score easily in one days. I tend to lose wickets at most unexpected moments , just like in a real match. Pathan for example bowled Hayden with a beauty, ball pitched on middle and leg and I tried to play a leg glance (which I am very good at and score most of my runs from ), the ball however cut back in and clipped off stump! This was on a normal pitch with hot sunny skies! The sweep is quite risky with your patch too as it tends to either go square or takes a top edge and goes to the keeper. Another interesting thing was when Murali Karthik was bowling , he bowled short and wide to Lehman outside off stump and I cut him for 3 boundaries in a row. He bowled the same length again and I thought to myself "dumb CPU" and tried to cut it again ,only this time he had changed the pace and spin slightly so I ended up dragging the ball on to my stumps and was bowled.
Overall batting was quite a fun experience

problem resloved somthing to do with loading bmp on graphic importer so i will steer clear of opening them.

Your patch is fantastic, ai now leave the balls that dont threaten their stumps, ai seem to have got cleaverer during one dayers, like ashwinkm says they change the pace of balls and the type of deliverey more often and so it is hard to score quickly and constantly.

Great work Tutsi

Ok! next match with the 7.5 beta 2 patch.India (CPU) started batting on a hard pitch on a sunny day at perth. The score is 97/3 off 30 overs.
1. As you can see the CPU doesnt lose wickets easily
2. I can see that some shot directions have been changed , especially off the back foot- a lot of the fours initially were off the back foot and the ball would sometimes go very fine, through the slips
3. Very interesting- the cpu has the same problem with playing cut shots that we do, sehwag tried to cut and got an inside edge that narrowly missed the stumps.
4. Once Sachin was in full confidence , he started playing shots that defied my field placing (Finally!!!!) two lofted on drives and he would go outside off and try to play a leg glance.
However Sehwag was really stuck in a rut. He scored 32 of 79 balls!!!! He struggled against michael clarke and tried all sorts of shots but half the time would miss the line of the ball.Finally got lbw to the wrong un as he moved across the stumps and tried to pull it- that was a very very satisfying wicket as he had tried everything against clarke and still couldnt play him at all.
The CPU plays very well against spinners , tries various shots like coming down the ground, pull, running it to third man , reverse sweep etc.
5. I am still a little unhappy with the batting to pace bowlers though - the front foot cover drive still goes to the fielders (I havent noticed a great difference with this patch , although now it doesnt go up in the air so they dont get out) WHY cant the cpu try more shots against the pacemen- like running the ball to third man or moving to off and playing it on the leg side, lofted leg glance, coming down the track , sweep etc??
Sachin played a few of these shots after reaching full confidence and the game was suddenly more challenging!
in the first 15 overs India were 67/1 .Between 15-30 they scored 30 runs at 2 runs/over and lost 2 wickets - so the pacing is still not quite right and it is too easy to restrict them

where is the config files for ur AI supposed to be placed??? to update the gameply!!

thnx

Users who are viewing this thread